• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
Pumpuynarak

Running a red light - Whoops !!!

Well i received a fine notification through the post showing a car committing the offence, problem is it ain't my car but it sure is my registration number lol

Wifey contacted the issuing office and explained its not our car but our registration number and was advised to ignore and they would amend their records, amazing Thailand.......

Here's the evidence, the car committing the offence is a white Toyota saloon whereas my car is a dark grey Toyota Fortuner but same reg plate.

P1000696.JPG

• Haha 1
  • Surprised 1

1 minute ago, roomark said:

So it wasn't you robbing the bank? 🤣🤣

Good to see you over here Pump 😊

Thankyou and its good to be here amongst friends. Thats what really worried me, gotta be crims with a false plate. I've had my car for getting on 12 years now bought from new at the local Toyota dealership so i very much doubt they got it wrong but ya never know.....

• Thumbs Up 1

21 minutes ago, Sir_Fondles said:

Yeah dodgy plates are cheap, even come with the correct government embossment !!

Like everything in Thailand "its not real unless its a fake" lol

I had a hell of a job getting a new front plate when it came off and lost in the floods a few years back, had to get a police report before i could get a new one. 

17 minutes ago, Pumpuynarak said:

Like everything in Thailand "its not real unless its a fake" lol

I had a hell of a job getting a new front plate when it came off and lost in the floods a few years back, had to get a police report before i could get a new one. 

Yeah I lost a few and gave up on the bullshit to get a new ones, hence I know about dodgy ones now.... Call to a Thai mate who "knows a person" and the "new" plate arrives in the mail a few days later !!

Also got a set of dealership plate to use on unregistered car/dodgy imported cars !!

Edited by Sir_Fondles
  • Like 1

Just now, Sir_Fondles said:

Yeah I lost a few and gave up on the bullshit to get a new one, hence I know about dodgy ones now.... Call to a Thai mate who "knows a person" and the "new" plate arrives in the mail a few days later !!

I love Thailand and its "solutions" lol

Doesn't just happen in thailand.

Mate of mine put personal plates on his wife's car. 2 weeks later they got a speeding ticket for the original registration, on a different car, in Swansea, almost 200 miles away from where they were both asleep at home.

8 minutes ago, Painter said:

Doesn't just happen in thailand.

Mate of mine put personal plates on his wife's car. 2 weeks later they got a speeding ticket for the original registration, on a different car, in Swansea, almost 200 miles away from where they were both asleep at home.

As the price of fuel and the number of self service filling stations increased in the United Kingdom, so did the number of reported making off without paying for fuel crimes.  Most involve the use of stolen, cloned or otherwise altered registration plates.

13 hours ago, Pumpuynarak said:

Well i received a fine notification through the post showing a car committing the offence, problem is it ain't my car but it sure is my registration number lol

Wifey contacted the issuing office and explained its not our car but our registration number and was advised to ignore and they would amend their records, amazing Thailand.......

Here's the evidence, the car committing the offence is a white Toyota saloon whereas my car is a dark grey Toyota Fortuner but same reg plate.

P1000696.JPG

What happened to Griffin? LOL

Nice to see you here Pump.

7 hours ago, boydeste said:

What happened to Griffin? LOL

Nice to see you here Pump.

Thankyou, its nice to be here and like wise to you BD. Having seen so many friends here using their board names from other forums I thought it was time to own up who i really was lol

13 hours ago, Pumpuynarak said:

Thankyou, its nice to be here and like wise to you BD. Having seen so many friends here using their board names from other forums I thought it was time to own up who i really was lol

Yes, it's a bit weird trying to remember who everyone is. LOL

30 minutes ago, boydeste said:

I inhabit a private football forum where name changing and impostering are part of the fun. There's a hard core of fifty guys on there and after fourteen years you have to be good at it now to not get caught immediately.

• Haha 1

On 10/18/2018 at 10:20 PM, boydeste said:

On 10/18/2018 at 10:54 PM, Thinkingallowed said:

I inhabit a private football forum where name changing and impostering are part of the fun. There's a hard core of fifty guys on there and after fourteen years you have to be good at it now to not get caught immediately.

Yes its all part of the fun or maybe not lol

The more sophisticated version....

France is installing 400 of those. 75% of the actual ones have been destroyed by the Yellow Jacket movement, so the new ones will be installed at a 3 or 4 m height. 

1 hour ago, Thai Spice said:

The more sophisticated version....

France is installing 400 of those. 75% of the actual ones have been destroyed by the Yellow Jacket movement, so the new ones will be installed at a 3 or 4 m height. 

Just a question for the student: What is the correct maximum speed at the stop bar when the light is red? (Zero 😉 ).

As that system can detect illegal overtaking, can it also make sure those assholes sticking to the left get a fine for unnecessary keeping left? Because that is what causes the "illegal overtaking".

Here's a dumb question after driving in Thailand for 13 years - how easy is it to get a new set of plates made up? In Britain nowadays you have to prove ownership of the vehicle, is it the same in Thailand, or can any old back-alley shop make them for you?

27 minutes ago, Toy Boy said:

Here's a dumb question after driving in Thailand for 13 years - how easy is it to get a new set of plates made up? In Britain nowadays you have to prove ownership of the vehicle, is it the same in Thailand, or can any old back-alley shop make them for you?

Wasn't that a question when going for your Thai driver's license, the legality of "home made" number plates?

12 hours ago, Toy Boy said:

Assuming the old plates are lost get a police report and go to the DLT and order new ones, takes about 4 weeks and costs Bt600, they give you a letter to show police if you get pulled for no plates.

Dodgy ones can be had and they range from really crap to very real looking with the embossed logo and serial number.

Well low and behold i got another fine notification, the same car with my plates committing the same offence at the same traffic lights but 8 days later.....

Wifey called them and they got us to send them a copy of our vehicles blue book, hopefully that will be an end to it but i'm not holding my breath.

IMG_20190410_0002.pdf

• Confused 1

4 hours ago, Pumpuynarak said:

Well low and behold i got another fine notification, the same car with my plates committing the same offence at the same traffic lights but 8 days later.....

Wifey called them and they got us to send them a copy of our vehicles blue book, hopefully that will be an end to it but i'm not holding my breath.

IMG_20190410_0002.pdf 1.16 MB · 1 download

Seems like he lives in that area, so they should be able to catch him if they are anywhere near competent.

• Haha 1

Sign in to follow this