Christmas Dinner in Pattaya - Adverts/Posters etc

john luke

Casa Pascal on 2nd Road near The Avenue.  It's another expensive one, but top-rate food.  The price is in tiny print:  1,590 baht for Christmas lunch and 1,890 baht for dinner on Dec. 24th and Dec. 25th. EDIT IN:  The price is ++, so add another 17.5%.

Casa4.JPG

Edited by Evil Penevil
  • Great Info 1

This one is going to be sold out for  sure, so jump on it fast if you're interested.  A lot of expats have a Cheap Charlie's Rewards Card and the discount price of 475 baht is the lowest I've seen for a turkey dinner.  The one downside is that Christmas pudding isn't offered, but mince pie will be good enough for many.

Cheap Charlie's.jpg

• Great Info 1

The Pullman Pattaya has an out-of-the-way location on Wong AmartBeach in Naklua.  The price for the Christmas brunch is reasonable, considering what you get.  It also fearures roast goose instead of turkey.

Untitled-4.jpg.5b0c0d526146007a872674d3e7a6e681.jpgUntitled-5.jpg.f3b57d41145741df78d6c9c4583f4c25.jpg

More details from the Hard Rock. It ain't Cheap Charlie's, but its Chistmas meals are decent value-for-money  for what you're getting. The prices are net, not ++.

Untitled-6.thumb.jpg.f2918aa4e429d3f6bb8f4c083524f216.jpg

Untitled-7.thumb.jpg.6882c8c8cfd94abba4444b35a87c7934.jpg

At the Royal Cliff, it's elegant and expensive.  Since the price is ++,  add 17.5% to the prices before.

Capture3.JPG

Capture4.JPG

Capture1.JPG

Capture9g.JPG

The Amari Pattaya is also ++.

Capture.JPG

Edited by Evil Penevil

As a couple we used to do the Christmas dinner (24/12) in a nice place. From the price I see this would now be between 3 and 5 k per person with wine. Still doable.

Later with the kids we choose the Christmas brunch, cheaper and more fun for the kids. Needless to say that for the 5 of us, even in those days, we were getting close to 10k.

This year I have 2 of my kids over in Bali, and we'll do Christmas evening at home. But with some French stuff.

I'll have a look at Xmas dinner prices in my beach resort in France....

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 12/15/2019 at 2:47 PM, Evil Penevil said:

The Pullman Pattaya has an out-of-the-way location on Wong AmartBeach in Naklua.  The price for the Christmas brunch is reasonable, considering what you get.  It also fearures roast goose instead of turkey.

Untitled-4.jpg.5b0c0d526146007a872674d3e7a6e681.jpgUntitled-5.jpg.f3b57d41145741df78d6c9c4583f4c25.jpg

More details from the Hard Rock. It ain't Cheap Charlie's, but its Chistmas meals are decent value-for-money  for what you're getting. The prices are net, not ++.

Untitled-6.thumb.jpg.f2918aa4e429d3f6bb8f4c083524f216.jpg

Untitled-7.thumb.jpg.6882c8c8cfd94abba4444b35a87c7934.jpg

At the Royal Cliff, it's elegant and expensive.  Since the price is ++,  add 17.5% to the prices before.

Capture3.JPG

Capture4.JPG

Capture1.JPG

Capture9g.JPG

The Amari Pattaya is also ++.

Capture.JPG

hope they dont think that the pic of the beef on their advert is anything other than a nightmare

• 10 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

If you're planning on doing your own Christmas dinner (like I am) and you haven't got your turkey yet you probably ought to move fast. I've only seen the Butterball ready-roasted turkeys so far this year and I was waiting until somebody was selling uncooked birds, but I think the government may have really banned their importation this time, and I decided I'd have to settle on the ready-cooked version.

I haven't been everywhere, but Siamburi's sold out several days ago. I didn't see the guy in Siam Expat Foods advertising them at all on his FB page, so I didn't bother going there.

Big C in South Pattaya had a freezer full two weeks ago, it's empty this morning. That makes me think Big C Extra will be the same, though I haven't checked.

Villa also had a freezer full and it's also empty this morning, it seems that the last two were sold yesterday.

The only place I found that has any left was the Central Food Hall (aka Tops). They had around a dozen and I picked the biggest one, the price tag read over 3,600 Baht, ouch! What I'd missed but the checkout picked up is that there's a second price that's discounted by around 30%, so I "only" paid 2,400 Baht. I can live with that, to be honest, so I'm happy and the bird is safely tucked away in a freezer until it's time to defrost it. I'd have preferred an uncooked bird, but beggars can't be choosers, and it seems that even if you're willing to pay £90 you can't choose either, lol.

Anyway, if you haven't got your turkey yet, I'd get over to the Central Mall, I don't suppose the remaining ten or so ready-roasted turkeys will be there for too long.

Edited by Toy Boy
  • Great Info 1

2 hours ago, Toy Boy said:

If you're planning on doing your own Christmas dinner (like I am) and you haven't got your turkey yet you probably ought to move fast. I've only seen the Butterball ready-roasted turkeys so far this year and I was waiting until somebody was selling uncooked birds, but I think the government may have really banned their importation this time, and I decided I'd have to settle on the ready-cooked version.

I haven't been everywhere, but Siamburi's sold out several days ago. I didn't see the guy in Siam Expat Foods advertising them at all on his FB page, so I didn't bother going there.

Big C in South Pattaya had a freezer full two weeks ago, it's empty this morning. That makes me think Big C Extra will be the same, though I haven't checked.

Villa also had a freezer full and it's also empty this morning, it seems that the last two were sold yesterday.

The only place I found that has any left was the Central Food Hall (aka Tops). They had around a dozen and I picked the biggest one, the price tag read over 3,600 Baht, ouch! What I'd missed but the checkout picked up is that there's a second price that's discounted by around 30%, so I "only" paid 2,400 Baht. I can live with that, to be honest, so I'm happy and the bird is safely tucked away in a freezer until it's time to defrost it. I'd have preferred an uncooked bird, but beggars can't be choosers, and it seems that even if you're willing to pay £90 you can't choose either, lol.

Anyway, if you haven't got your turkey yet, I'd get over to the Central Mall, I don't suppose the remaining ten or so ready-roasted turkeys will be there for too long.

I love the traditional turkey for Christmas but for a few years before I left Thailand there seemed to be a ban on imported birds from most countries. Didn't find Thai turkeys were really any good, more bones than meat so I was looking for something suitable for the table. 

I then read about capon and investigated the prices.  Compared to turkey prices capon was so cheap, turkeys in the 1000s of baht yet a capon was no more than 300 baht or so. The size is smaller but enough to feed a family of 3-4 persons.  Now a capon isn't a turkey, it is a castrated domestic cock that has been fattened for flavour.  I loved the taste and it was more flavourful than a turkey. I kept to capon for my Christmas table for the few years before I left Thailand.

I got mine from Makro and was really happy, a great alternative to having difficulty finding a turkey or looking for a good price.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Esco said:

This isn't a carvery is it? 

Just a 3 course menu for 1300 baht is steep imo. 

A mate sent me this from Bkk and note each course includes a drink. 

Screenshot_20201205-172611_Gallery.jpg

To answer your question; Robin Hood seem to do a lot of Thai dishes which are very cheap and represent good value;  they then do specials including European type food, which I would say is priced towards the higher end, compared to similar places in Pattaya.

5 minutes ago, john luke said:

To answer your question; Robin Hood seem to do a lot of Thai dishes which are very cheap and represent good value;  they then do specials including European type food, which I would say is priced towards the higher end, compared to similar places in Pattaya.

My question was whether it was a carvery? 

Ive been in the Robin Hood several times the past weeks so a general introduction wasn't required.

7 minutes ago, Esco said:

My question was whether it was a carvery? 

Ive been in the Robin Hood several times the past weeks so a general introduction wasn't required.

I don't know about the Christmas one however they do (or did) have a carvery on a Sunday.

14 minutes ago, john luke said:

I don't know about the Christmas one however they do (or did) have a carvery on a Sunday.

I replied to the advert of the Christmas dinner not their Sunday carvery since I was there on Sunday myself. 

17 hours ago, Horizondave said:

I love the traditional turkey for Christmas but for a few years before I left Thailand there seemed to be a ban on imported birds from most countries. Didn't find Thai turkeys were really any good, more bones than meat so I was looking for something suitable for the table. 

I then read about capon and investigated the prices.  Compared to turkey prices capon was so cheap, turkeys in the 1000s of baht yet a capon was no more than 300 baht or so. The size is smaller but enough to feed a family of 3-4 persons.  Now a capon isn't a turkey, it is a castrated domestic cock that has been fattened for flavour.  I loved the taste and it was more flavourful than a turkey. I kept to capon for my Christmas table for the few years before I left Thailand.

I got mine from Makro and was really happy, a great alternative to having difficulty finding a turkey or looking for a good price.

I've seen the capons in Makro and also Big C, I think, but never tried them. Some years back I tried the Thai turkeys a few times, though never for Christmas. They're too skinny, you need to cut the legs off and cook them separately or the breast gets overdone. The taste was definitely turkey, but there wasn't very much meat on them, and they weren't cheap, around 250 Baht/kg as I recall.

That's why I prefer the American imports, Butterball or Norbest, they're the proper shape and there's no drama cooking them. Before the ban was introduced 4 or 5 years ago due to bird flu in the US and Europe, Makro had them all year-round and they were cheap (by the standards of imported food here, anyway), a 6kg (13-14lb) bird cost around 1,000 Baht, I often used to buy one and roast it just for a change. Gone are those days!

• Great Info 1