Christmas Dinner in Pattaya - Adverts/Posters etc

john luke

It is 69 days to Christmas.  For those who will be in Pattaya over the Christmas and New Year Period, what are your plans, if any, for a Christmas Dinner.

It would be great if, as they start to appear, members could add pictures of any Christmas Menus, posters, or advertisements for Christmas Dinner in Pattaya.

A search of the internet shows nothing so far for Christmas 2018.

Im not really into Christmas dinner if i'm honest, Ill be in Bangkok so not sure what ill do for eating. Last year I ended up going to El gaucho with some pals and our girlfriends for something to eat, we ended up in there about 4 hours drinking after our meal. Told the Gf that I was going for a few beers after dinner and I would see her in a hour or so. 

Me and my pals staggered round to Soi cowboy and I cant remember much at all.  I woke up the next day in some shit room in Ari with some girl from crazy house and 20 odd missed calls from the mrs 😀

Told her this year ill be on my best behaviour, i've agreed that after dinner we will go visit her parents 🙄

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 2

This is a good topic and of interest to quite a few members. In my experience, the restaurants won't start advertising Xmas dinner for at least a month or even six weeks. Five or 10 years ago, the most popular places were booked solid by the first or second week of December. Last year, most restaurants had seats open Xmas Eve and Day. You could walk in without a reservation. It's one more bit of anecdotal evidence that there aren't as many farang in Pattaya as before

Evil

Sent from my Sunny2 Plus using Tapatalk

3 minutes ago, Evil Penevil said:

It's one more bit of anecdotal evidence that there aren't as many farang in Pattaya as before

Evil

Sent from my Sunny2 Plus using Tapatalk

Or one could say that there’s a lot more options than before ..........with pretty much most of the high end establishments , mid range and lower end establishments offering some sort of Christmas dinner .......years ago options were limited compared to  today .......

19 hours ago, JPK said:

Im not really into Christmas dinner if i'm honest, Ill be in Bangkok so not sure what ill do for eating. Last year I ended up going to El gaucho with some pals and our girlfriends for something to eat, we ended up in there about 4 hours drinking after our meal. Told the Gf that I was going for a few beers after dinner and I would see her in a hour or so. 

Me and my pals staggered round to Soi cowboy and I cant remember much at all.  I woke up the next day in some shit room in Ari with some girl from crazy house and 20 odd missed calls from the mrs 😀

Told her this year ill be on my best behaviour, i've agreed that after dinner we will go visit her parents 🙄

Pretty much sums up some of my Previous Christmas’s in Thailand 

• Thumbs Up 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hemingways in Jomtien:

1879172330_Hemingways.thumb.jpg.86bbd495b5c651b75b501cb5185a071f.jpg

The Hard Rock Hotel has two options:

Untitled-12.jpg.ebbd6ee5533e08bbdd7ed0bedd6f4b7c.jpg

Capture23.jpg.6ebc9f235f15a36bfce70d6c8c0ea353.jpg

I've had both and both are good.  The more expensive option at the Starz Diner was a huge buffet with a lot of appetizers and non-Christmas dishes as well as the traditional Christmas fare.  There's plenty of stuff (sushi and other seafood, Asian hot dishes, Asian desserts) that appeals to Thais and other non-farangs.  For me, I want to fill up on turkey, stuffing, gravy, hopefully cranberry sauce and Christmas pudding.  I don't care about appetizers and sides, so the limited carvery in the Hard Rock Cafe is fine with me.  However, if you have a Thai partner along, then Starz is better unless she's really into farang Christmas food.

Evil

• 3 weeks later...
18 hours ago, Evil Penevil said:

Sunny's is a popular family restaurant on the Darkside.  Note that there's no turkey on the menu and the FB page confirms no turkey will be served.

Untitled-111.jpg.69feede1734234dae3ea8c2afeccc59d.jpg

Also ...

Untitled-11.jpg.73bb20548c46b0da247dc8859a77fd2e.jpg

Santa Penevil

dancing-santa-claus.gif.6d88c5a0203096d9

No Turkey on Christmas? Woeful behaviour.

• Like 1

British Airways Club World Christmasy menu for my flight 

Starters

• Beef Carpaccio Cipriani with rocket
  •  
  • Smoked aubergine and chickpeas with yoghurt, hummus and tahini
  •  
  • Roast sweet potato salad, coriander and chili pesto

Salad

• Seasonal salad served with Sherry vinegar olive oil or Lime yoghurt dressing

Main

• Traditional roasted turkey with cranberry and chestnut stuffing, roast potatoes and juniper berry jus
  •  
  • Braised Scottish Prime beef cheeks with horseradish dumplings and potato mousseline
  •  
  • Ricotta panzerotti with tomato concasse, grilled black olives and fresh rosemary

Dessert

• Christmas dome
  •  
  • Mince Pie
  •  
  • Traditional Christmas pudding served with Vanilla Brandy sauce
  •  
  • Fresh berries
  •  
  • Vintage West Country cheddar, Double Gloucester, Shepherd's Purse and Yorkshire blue cheese, Walnut served with Apple pear chutney
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, Anwar Sadat said:

Looks like a good feed though.

Sent from my MI MAX 2 using Tapatalk

Indeed and with rib eye and lamb on the menu and the range of starters it's good value. But it just ain't Christmas dinner without turkey for me.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Lambik said:

Depends on the nationality.

For instance we Flemish eat traditionally game food.

Walloons eat black & white pudding.

Well the Walloon population are right up there with Jimmy Saville having that for Christmas dinner.

• Haha 1