Christmas Dinner in Pattaya - Adverts/Posters etc

john luke

2 hours ago, Painter said:

Allow me....

20181216_153201.jpg

I went to look after I left the coffee place and did not see this.  Age creeping up @Painter

Steve told me about it.  I can not see it being good for 199 baht, though I suppose all the trimmings is a meaningless expression.  Could be a slice of pork and a Christmas Cracker.

3 hours ago, john luke said:

I can not see it being good for 199 baht, though I suppose all the trimmings is a meaningless expression.  Could be a slice of pork and a Christmas Cracker.

Maybe the waitresses will be wearing Santa hats?  I'm not in Pattaya right now and can't check personally, but an informed source tells me Chunky Monkey has dropped the starter and dessert from the special offer, but allows the choice of two meats.

Santa Penevil

dancing-santa-claus.gif.bf61ac00450adfb5b73e83c1d57f0cb5.gif

Edited by Evil Penevil

18 hours ago, Evil Penevil said:

I'm not in Pattaya right now and can't check personally, but an informed source tells me Chunky Monkey has dropped the starter and dessert from the special offer, but allows the choice of two meats.

Yes, as per the photo posted.  The price has remained the same as was previously shown for the main course only, with the starter and sweet being optional extras priced seperately.

28 minutes ago, matthewh said:

now I know for a fact that this seems pricey,but will be worth every penny.been to a few buffet dinners and its the best.

For the barbecue for the fireworks display earlier this yearI paid 1412 baht per person with a discount that I get.  That did not include drinks.  Expensive by Pattaya standards but excellent.  That is significantly less than what they are asking for Christmas Eve, let along the 6000 baht for new year.

Likely to be Mai Thai for the New Yearand Watch the fireworks from Beach Road.

2 minutes ago, john luke said:

For the barbecue for the fireworks display earlier this yearI paid 1412 baht per person with a discount that I get.  That did not include drinks.  Expensive by Pattaya standards but excellent.  That is significantly less than what they are asking for Christmas Eve, let along the 6000 baht for new year.

6000 is ridiculous and yes we paid 1400.i had freeflow singha all night for 500 baht.you have to ask.

7 minutes ago, john luke said:

been mai thai a couple of times..it has been excellent

• Like 1

On ‎12‎/‎16‎/‎2018 at 11:10 AM, john luke said:

I went to look after I left the coffee place and did not see this.  Age creeping up @Painter

Steve told me about it.  I can not see it being good for 199 baht, though I suppose all the trimmings is a meaningless expression.  Could be a slice of pork and a Christmas Cracker.

cheap and cheerful.suits some.

The King's Table on Soi 13 between Beach Road and 2nd Road is offering a Norwegian Christmas buffet for 599 baht.

"On 24 & 25 December, 2018 
Traditional Norwegian Christmas dinner  
Ribbe (Roast Pork Belly) Served with Boiled Potatoes 
Roast Ham, Roast Lamb 
Sausage, Meatballs 
Prunes, Cranberries and Pickled Cabbage
Christmas Cake and more 
Starts at  5.30 p.m.  
All you can eat!!!   Only 599 baht!"

To continue the Scandinavian theme:  Livv on th Darkside and Akvavit in Jomtien:

Untitled-81.jpg.1a4171b785760568d0ffdb3d12a7c755.jpg

Here's a translation of the Akvavit Christmas Eve menu:

"Akvavit's Christmas buffet showcases a giant and traditional Christmas buffet with lots of delights! 
The 24th of December:

"First session 17:30 to 20:00 and second session 20:30 until late!

Price 1,450 Baht and for children under 13, 800 Baht. We offer mulled wine and gingerbread cookies on arrival. Only bookings with 50% deposit are accepted! Book now at 038-233672. Welcome!"

And if money isn't a problem, this will be one of the best- if not the best- Christmas buffet in Pattaya:

mantra.JPG.acb2cccbd5716a757905662a901c4e3b.JPG

Tequila Reef is one again offering a turkey dinner on the 24, 25 and 26 December:

TR.JPG.331eca8baaada688d7b4a847568c296c.JPG

Santa Penevil

dancing-santa-claus.gif.23ec6e7367a75897639c532c580b019a.gif

If any of you don't like turkey or left booking a seat at popular restaurant for Christmas Dinner too long, the Beefeater on Soi Diana could be an alternative if you favor steak. Beefeater is serving its normal menu from 5 p.m. to 10.00 p.m. (kitchen closes at 11 p.m., restaurant closes at midnight) on Dec. 24 and 25.  

beefeater.JPG.d23b3cf9daec2d12371d7a38ab56b0db.JPG

Santa Penevil

dancing-santa-claus.gif.23ec6e7367a75897639c532c580b019a.gif

We are getting into "last minute" territory, so a few final suggestions:

Event-Gourmet-Menu.jpg.484b6e0bf2faf9f7a1e3f31deb001fe0.jpg

That's a pretty impressive buffet, especially the mains and dessert, for 870 baht.  I may try it on Christmas Eve.

Gian's in Jomtien has a two-week special menu (text from a pic on another board):

Christmas Special 2018 
from December 16th to 30th

Soup 
Lentil Soup with Capsicum and cumin 390 b
Home made Tortellini in broth, stuffed with turkey and truffle mortadella  480 b

Pasta 
Home made Ravioli Stuffed with Turkey, Patanegra ham and topped with white truffle sauce   880 b

Main Course 
Sliced pork Leg with Boiled Lentils and mashed potatoes  680 b
Sliced Roasted Turkey with Liver, Cashew nuts and Risotto Taleggio  980 b
                                                                            Grilled Tomahawk steak served with Roasted potatoes  and grilled vegetables  680 b                                                                                                      Grilled Tiger prawns with garlic served with Spaghetti garlic, oil, chili and fresh cherry tomatoes  880 b

Cheeses 
Selection of special cheeses from Italy  780 b

Hefty prices, but Gian's turns out quality meals.

And one in Na Jomtien and one for those who don't care about Christmas Dinner.  BonChon is better than KFC!

Untitled-ds1.jpg.5a213337fa9cf7cef2514c35c4e7ee80.jpg

Since this is  likely to be my final pre-Christmas post in this thread:

Untitled-12.jpg.86f2f502731517d42b15e34aa2acc7a7.jpg

Edited by Evil Penevil

• 11 months later...

I'm going to update this thread for 2019.  The restaurants mentioned for 2018 will be offering Christmas dinners this year, too.

Two Pattaya classics, Nicky's and the Sportsman.

Untitled-1.jpg

retox.jpg

Two in Jomtien:

Untitled-2.jpg

HolidayInn.jpg

Centara.JPG

Centara2.JPG

A Taste of Norway is the old Linda's in Jomtien under new management.  The ad names the traditional Norwegian dishes on offer at the buffet.

Untitled-3.jpg

ogara - Copy.jpg

• Thanks 1

And for those who don't care about turkey or Christmas pudding, you have the Hungry Hippo dinner at an extremely low price. According to a friend who had a similar meal at the Chunky Monkey when Robin was running it last year, portions were large and it was great value for money.  But in my eyes, it's not Christmas dinner without turkey and Christmas pudding.

Hippo.jpg

all i want is a simply menu none of this fancy stuff nice cream soup any type not fancy ones though. roast turkey all veg roasted thats spuds carrots parsnips few sprouts and and xmas pudding.just a plan easy meal.most now are over top and u never see half the stuff have on menus till this time of year.plain and simple is easy

• Like 1

On 11/27/2019 at 10:10 PM, Evil Penevil said:

I'm going to update this thread for 2019.  The restaurants mentioned for 2018 will be offering Christmas dinners this year, too.

Two Pattaya classics, Nicky's and the Sportsman.

Untitled-1.jpg

retox.jpg

Two in Jomtien:

Untitled-2.jpg

HolidayInn.jpg

Centara.JPG

Centara2.JPG

A Taste of Norway is the old Linda's in Jomtien under new management.  The ad names the traditional Norwegian dishes on offer at the buffet.

Untitled-3.jpg

ogara - Copy.jpg

thanks...shame the Sportsman dont do all  that  as a carvery  🙂

The Robin Hood Tavern is offering Christmas Eve and Christmas Day lunch and dinner. 

Untitled-1.jpg

I sent them a message asking if the prices and menu were the same both days.  Here's the answer:    "Yes the menu and the price are exactly the same we hadn’t planned on doing a Xmas eve dinner in all honesty but have been suprised by requests by customers to book for Xmas eve so we’re offering exactly the same package. If you’d be interested in booking please let me know and we can add you to the reservations list many thanks."

Dicey's.JPG

Christmas Eve costs 999 baht and Christmas Day is 1,199 baht,  but early birds who book by Dec. 20 with get a discount (850 b on Xmas Eve,  999 baht on Xmas Day).  Children under 5 eat free.

Evil

The best value-for-money Christmas dinner in town is the all-you-can-eat buffet at Chik-N-Coop bar in the beer bar complex diagonally across the street from Mike's Mall on 2nd Road.  It costs 500 baht.

It's a U.S.-style dinner with American touches like  different kinds of stuffing, candied sweet potatoes, cranberry sauce and green bean casserole as well as roast turkey and ham, mashed potatoes, veggies, etc.  All the food is in the best tradition of home cooking.   Thai dishes are on offer for wives and girl friends who aren't fans of farang meals.

Coop has a very loyal following for his holiday buffets and Christmas dinner is sold out every year.  If it sounds good, get your ticket ASAP.

A couple of things to note:  there are cookies, candy and homemade fudge for dessert but no Christmas pudding or pie.  It's also open-air dining on folding tables and plastic chairs.

Coop1.JPG

Another inexpensive option is the Devonshire on Soi Lengkee.  

Devonshire.jpg

If you want to fill up on turkey and the trimmings at Coop's, you could go to the Devonshire for Christmas pudding.

Evil

Edited by Evil Penevil