How do you activate your account.. ?

Before you can login, you must active your account by clicking on the link sent to your email address.

If you did not receive this email, please check your junk/spam folder. If you entered an incorrect email address, you will need to re-register with the correct email address.

If you are waiting to activate your account you can resent the activation e-mail or change your e-mail address.

Lanzalad

In the city or in the village ?

So then are you a city person and a village person...?

My self i could live in the village with all mod cons in the house.

I would live in Udon Thani i'd have everything I need with a 15 minute drive.

Definitely a city boy.from Glasgow but live in London.

If stayed in Thailand it would have to be Bangkok.

Don't mind it in the village better now they have WiFi used to stay up there for 3 days max making out I  couldn't get on with the food etc and wanted to get back to Pattaya to play golf etc 

In the UK I would live in the country  but in Thailand deffo the city , currently staying in the Ghetto (soi 7) .

Edited by Chokdeekap

3 minutes ago, Chokdeekap said:

In the UK I would live in the county but in Thailand deffo the city , currently staying in the Ghetto (soi 7) .

Soi 7 is ok.. i remember my very first visit to Pattaya and i stayed on Soi 8, at that time Soi 7 & 8 was thumping..

Been a country lad all my life except the ten years I spent in Leeds. 74-84.

Last 33 years I've lived here.

100_2540 (Small).JPG

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Lanzalad said:

Soi 7 is ok.. i remember my very first visit to Pattaya and i stayed on Soi 8, at that time Soi 7 & 8 was thumping..

Lived on here for two years now ..no intention of moving anytime soon....

Just spend 4 days in HKG, and God i hated everything of the city life. 

Noice 24/7, people everywhere and running.

Village near the beach for me like Sanur here in Bali or my village in France. 

Village in the boonies, jungle, toundra, rice field etc.....FORGET it for anything more than 7 days.

I am definitely a city boy, born and raised in London. I like to visit the countryside now and then, but would not want to live there.

Of the times that I have stayed up in the village near Selaphum, I am going stir crazy after 3 days, and looking for excuses to jump in the car. 

Being woken up every morning by a  cock at 6am is not my cup of tea either 

• Like 2

Just now, Nightcrawler said:

I am definitely a city boy, born and raised in London. I like to visit the countryside now and then, but would not want to live there.

Of the times that I have stayed up in the village near Selaphum, I am going stir crazy after 3 days, and looking for excuses to jump in the car. 

Unless you are in Pattaya,i suppose.

• Haha 1

42 minutes ago, Rompho Ray said:

Live in the 'burbs in the US and probably would in Thailand if/when I go back.

You should try Paris or Marseille burbs ! Very exotic ......

22 minutes ago, Nightcrawler said:

Still better than the immam at 04.30 ! Lucky none of that noice in Bali !

10 minutes ago, Thai Spice said:

You should try Paris or Marseille burbs ! Very exotic ......

I'd gladly visit Paris again mate.  Spent some time in Étretat too, lovely.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rompho Ray said:

I'd gladly visit Paris again mate.  Spent some time in Étretat too, lovely.

Etretat is nice, but a bit too much rain !

I lived on the Bassin d'Arcachon, south of Bordeaux, on the Atlantic.  Weather already better.  If I go back to France, that's where I would go back to !

th.jpg.9944db53da2414962817da44d46fdae8.jpg

1000534730_Ares3.jpg.91b777b0b1fde230f303719d7059b1d8.jpg

383524335_Ares2.jpg.56d4d08d088412af9ffd92caa26f4c22.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

City boy all the way, love visiting other locations, but at the end of the day, it's the city for me. I got asked last month being back home in San Jose, Calif  if I am bored yet living in Thailand?  Hardly....wifeys house here in the " burbs" has everything I need. 

Have any of you ever thought, well as I get older ( like me at 61 now) perhaps getting out of the city might be a good thing? I am not the "sit around the house type" and watch TV all day.  I thought perhaps 10 years ago, looking forward a bit, that maybe I would feel different?  Fat chance. I am having more fun now then ever here.  Ok, will agree, perhaps my type of fun, is not your type of fun...we are all different. 

At the end of the day for me.....I still like and enjoy meeting new people.......where others do not. 

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Yessongs said:

City boy all the way, love visiting other locations, but at the end of the day, it's the city for me. I got asked last month being back home in San Jose, Calif  if I am bored yet living in Thailand?  Hardly....wifeys house here in the " burbs" has everything I need. 

Have any of you ever thought, well as I get older ( like me at 61 now) perhaps getting out of the city might be a good thing? I am not the "sit around the house type" and watch TV all day.  I thought perhaps 10 years ago, looking forward a bit, that maybe I would feel different?  Fat chance. I am having more fun now then ever here.  Ok, will agree, perhaps my type of fun, is not your type of fun...we are all different. 

At the end of the day for me.....I still like and enjoy meeting new people.......where others do not. 

I am 65, had a rather hectic life since 18, travelled and worked a bit everywhere. Mainly in cities (high rise, subway, underground parkings) . Enjoyed all of it, but now I just want a quiete place, near the sea, with decent western restaurants, availability of western food in the supermarket, and doing feck all. 

The Miss, after 2 y in SGP and 14 in HKG is exactly same. Well, she aint 35 anymore...

So, for the moment, the life we have suits us well. Shared between Bali and the jungle house (me only a little bit jungle...).

And I have always been a lonely wolf, so social meetings is not my thing. 

• Like 3
  • Thumbs Up 1

I like cities and the crowd; 

but being on my own. 

I am a day drinker,

I like to sit somewhere ( this days usually in Sukhumvit 55/Bangkok) and watch the world go by. 

I’m originally from the countryside in UK,  but when I moved to Hua Hin I thought it was the dogs bollocks. But more and more I’m drawn to the farm in Nakhon Sawan now and next visit will be virtually all spent out in the sticks there, with the odd foray into some northern cities. 

The wife and I were never into the bright lights, so that makes the choice easy. 

The odd trip to London for a couple of days does make a change, but anymore than that and I’m champing at the bit to get home.  

🤗

City life for sure , village i don't mind to be fair find it quite a laugh. But first choice by the sea

Village and then when I need to escape I tend to go to a beach resort or tourist area outside of the city.  Cities for me are really for special entertainment, culture and shopping and away in a few days. 

I am a country boy despite being born in London, having lived in London and worked in London.

Ironically I may be in Bangkok for up to a week on my next trip but that is enforced on me due to the to visit the British Embassy and getting documents for marriage.

Thai village never i need amenities like decent food ,some thing to do air con ,meeting people ( not the same 10 people each day, might be ok if i had altshiemers though) i live in a small city of about 350k

Can easily do both. Stayed up in the village for close on two years although only 28 days at a time as I work 28/28 I enjoyed it though. 

Been back living in Pattaya for five years now but very seldom head into the city centre. Just moved into a new place in north Pattaya so I'd expect visits to the city centre to be even less.