How do you activate your account.. ?

Before you can login, you must active your account by clicking on the link sent to your email address.

If you did not receive this email, please check your junk/spam folder. If you entered an incorrect email address, you will need to re-register with the correct email address.

If you are waiting to activate your account you can resent the activation e-mail or change your e-mail address.

Lanzalad

In the city or in the village ?

I'm glad that I've spent time in Issan as I know for sure I would never want to live there. Countryside UK and Thailand are very different.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Punter said:

I'm glad that I've spent time in Issan as I know for sure I would never want to live there. Countryside UK and Thailand are very different.

I guess it all depends on where is the village.

For me its minutes from Udon Thani city centre.

If i lived in the village i would have soi falang as fix.

11 minutes ago, Lanzalad said:

I guess it all depends on where is the village.

For me its minutes from Udon Thani city centre.

If i lived in the village i would have soi falang as fix.

My wife and ‘our’ house is 40 mins from Udon. I like the City , less so her village as it’s typical thai and not my scene. Udon, however is great but in all honesty I could probably only do a combo of 3 weeks in each then off. We are lucky in that, the airport serves a multitude of places so in that respect it’s tolerable.

in terms of Pattaya, a week is plenty.

if I base myself in Thailand I will for sure travel throughout Asia to explore a whole lot more. 

I never really lived in cities in the west, but always within easy driving distance of one.  Here I lived nearly four years in a village that was 60 km from the provincial capital and 15 km from the nearest small town.  I had built a place with all the mod cons, but eventually it was too remote for me.  Now I'm living in a small coastal city and that works for me.  We visit the country house during school breaks.

HomeBanBuGoogleSatellite.JPG

Google satellite view of the country house.

I live about 15 minutes away from a Thai city,

Very quiet, however if i need anything , eg shopping etc ..i aint too far away..

I stayed at the wife's village for a few months, but it was too quiet ,also if you cannot find someone to speak to, in your own language, can be a small problem.

was for me.. anyway..