Football

Thinkingallowed

Going through all my stuff that's been in storage for a while. Now up to all my football memorabilia . . . memories, memories . . 

Anyway, this is one of my prized possessions, as an Ipswich fan in particular, signed by the man himself, Roger Osborne, who scored our winner in 1-0 win over Arsenal in May 1978 . . . 

IMG_2176.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thumbs Up 1

Harry's Defense was lacking as well ...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/53903703

Manchester United captain Harry Maguire has been given a suspended sentence of 21 months and 10 days in prison after his trial on the Greek island of Syros.

The England defender, 27, was found guilty of repeated bodily harm, attempted bribery, violence against public employees and insult after arrest on Mykonos.

Maguire said after Tuesday's verdict that he had instructed his legal team "with immediate effect to inform the courts we will be appealing".

"I remain strong and confident regarding our innocence in this matter - if anything myself, family and friends are the victims," he added.

Celtic suffered their earliest Champions League exit in 15 years after falling to a shock defeat at the hands of Ferencvaros in Glasgow.

It seemed Neil Lennon's side had recovered from David Siger's early goal for the Hungarian champions when Ryan Christie's deflected strike levelled the one-legged tie.

However, Tokmac Nguen's breakaway goal snatched victory for Ferencvaros and ensured Celtic's worst performance in the competition since Artmedia Bratislava knocked them out in 2005. 

The Scottish champions now drop into the Europa League third qualifying round, the draw for which takes place on Tuesday.

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, Stillearly said:

Celtic suffered their earliest Champions League exit in 15 years after falling to a shock defeat at the hands of Ferencvaros in Glasgow.

It seemed Neil Lennon's side had recovered from David Siger's early goal for the Hungarian champions when Ryan Christie's deflected strike levelled the one-legged tie.

However, Tokmac Nguen's breakaway goal snatched victory for Ferencvaros and ensured Celtic's worst performance in the competition since Artmedia Bratislava knocked them out in 2005. 

The Scottish champions now drop into the Europa League third qualifying round, the draw for which takes place on Tuesday.

They will never be able to afford all the compensation claims and fines that they are facing in the Scottish courts in the next few months for harbouring and enabling a paedophile ring to operate at Celtic Boys Club with over 100 victims for 40 years now. Hail Hail.

Manchester United footballer Paul Pogba will have to self-isolate for 14 days after testing positive for Covid-19, according to France manager Didier Deschamps. The 27-year-old will miss France's Nations League game in Sweden on Saturday 5 September and the home game against Croatia three days later.