Football

Thinkingallowed

Leeds are making a decent start so far following their return to the Premier League.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/54222444

Patrick Bamford scores late on for Leeds

Patrick Bamford's late header earned Leeds United a hard-fought victory over Sheffield United, who are still searching for their first points of the season.

After both goalkeepers excelled, it looked as though a first Premier League derby between the two Yorkshire sides in 26 years was heading for a goalless draw.

But with two minutes remaining, Bamford rose at the back post to meet Jack Harrison's cross and head in his third goal of the season to send Leeds' players and staff wild.

It was just reward for a second half in which Leeds continued to ask questions of home keeper Aaron Ramsdale.

Sheffield United, who have never previously failed to score in their opening three league fixtures, will regret John Lundstram's first-half shot being superbly saved by Illan Meslier.

But a second win of the season for Leeds, and a clean sheet, having conceded seven goals in their opening two games, will be relished by their fans - especially against one of their fiercest rivals.

• Like 1

These 02.00am kick offs are killing me.

Two hours sleep because my body clock still woke me up at at 6.30am so no more than a couple of hours sleep.

Sadly, Liverpool looked awesome again and although the Gooners could not be faulted for endeavour and application we still are very much work in progress.

Not many teams are going to beat Liverpool this season.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pumpuynarak said:

I never manage them mate, WTF do you do to stay wake ?

Normally I go to bed at 9pm and set the alarm for  1 - 1.30am but this was a bit different.

I am a Gooner for life (9 years old standing on a box on the North Bank with my Uncle Len 😀 ) but work took me to Birmingham and then Edinburgh and I had season tickets at the Villa and then Hearts where I have very fond memories of both. So on this occasion it just so happened that the Villa played Fulham prior to the Arsenal game so I took the opportunity to watch the Villa add a nail in Fulham's relegation coffin.

I was looking forward to the Hearts first two games having 3pm ( Yes, I do remember 3pm kick offs on a Saturday with a pie and a bovril)  starts and then they go and switch both to 7.45pm on a Friday to show on BBC Scotland!

One advantage of  living in Thailand is that one can watch virtually any football match live thanks to the wonders of the internet and media boxes.

Well, any worth watching. 😛

Edited by Jambo
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Pumpuynarak said:

I can't do that, i've tried it a couple of times and i end up falling asleep during the match lol

I was like the walking dead yesterday.

I felt dreadful all day and had no inclination, let alone energy, to do anything. I even let our four dogs go for their two walks on there own which I am loath to do because "Sintoe", the one that looks like a german shepherd, puts the fear of shit up the other male dogs in the vicinity. It keeps him fit chasing after them and he just enjoys bossing them rather than fighting. 🤣

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Stillearly said:

Rumbelows Cup draw 🙂 

Stoke City v Tottenham Hotspur

Brentford v Newcastle United

Arsenal v Manchester City

Everton v Manchester United

I fancy the Toffees the smash the f**k out of ManU.

• Haha 2

QPR scoring a 96th minute equaliser at Wednesday to draw 1-1,new striker Macauley Bonne scoring on his debut, so hopefully turns out to be a decent signing. Desperate for a goal scorer. 

My local team Bracknell Town went through to the next qualifying round of the FA Cup on penalties. 

Not much social distancing going on in the stand. 🤪

• Like 2