Football

Thinkingallowed

7 hours ago, Lemondropkid said:

You are making it sound like the NFL, and your right. But there won't be a salary cap, and like the NFL there won't be promotion of relegation.

So Man United with 4 recent seasons without CL football when it was competitive entry, would be guaranteed a place in perpetuity.

Brought to you by J P Morgan and FIFA😀 One's a total rotten, corrupt organisation, and the other- oh hang on that's both of them!

Why couldn’t it be the the top four teams from each league,bottom two from super league,get relegated back to the EPL top two from that EPL year get promoted to super league?

i dunno,just seems like all the top players are spread out and don’t play each other every year.

Salary cap would be great between leagues,but that would be one hell of a negotiation.

9 minutes ago, Skalliwag said:

Why couldn’t it be the the top four teams from each league,bottom two from super league,get relegated back to the EPL top two from that EPL year get promoted to super league?

i dunno,just seems like all the top players are spread out and don’t play each other every year.

Salary cap would be great between leagues,but that would be one hell of a negotiation.

Because that's not what the owners of the "top" clubs want , they want to create something where they are guaranteed a return ...

there's nothing wrong with the Champions League , but the big clubs aren't guaranteed to be there ... it's all about money 

Salary caps just mean more money for the owners , it won't help support the game itself 

if a Super League is formed , that will take away sponsorship and audiences away from the domestic leagues and you will see lots of smaller teams going bust 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Stillearly said:

Because that's not what the owners of the "top" clubs want , they want to create something where they are guaranteed a return ...

there's nothing wrong with the Champions League , but the big clubs aren't guaranteed to be there ... it's all about money 

Salary caps just mean more money for the owners , it won't help support the game itself 

if a Super League is formed , that will take away sponsorship and audiences away from the domestic leagues and you will see lots of smaller teams going bust 

Salary caps would help make it more competitive,automatically helping the game at grass roots level.

Having the owners make more money isn’t a bad thing either,as the ones that don’t make as much as the big clubs can be more competitive.

Salaries being out of control is a dead end.
i love how the NFL do it.

Every week you simply have no clue who is going to win.

Its the best run league in the world.So competitive it’s crazy.

But they also have an entry draft as well,so that’s another thing.

1 minute ago, Skalliwag said:

Salary caps would help make it more competitive,automatically helping the game at grass roots level.

Having the owners make more money isn’t a bad thing either,as the ones that don’t make as much as the big clubs can be more competitive.

Salaries being out of control is a dead end.
i love how the NFL do it.

Every week you simply have no clue who is going to win.

Its the best run league in the world.So competitive it’s crazy.

But they also have an entry draft as well,so that’s another thing.

If they form a new super league , grass roots will get zero 

2 hours ago, Aqualung said:

I have my match pass for Rovers trip to Watford. I wonder if coxy will be watching aswell? 

@Aqualung What do you reckon then?....We've been good in defence but are forced into a back 5 as we don't have a proper left back,so have to play with 3 centre backs & 2 wing halves.Also most of our strikers are coming back from injury,this is why we've scored so few goals.

I'm going for 1-0 to us but not putting any money on it.

1 hour ago, coxyhog said:

@Aqualung What do you reckon then?....We've been good in defence but are forced into a back 5 as we don't have a proper left back,so have to play with 3 centre backs & 2 wing halves.Also most of our strikers are coming back from injury,this is why we've scored so few goals.

I'm going for 1-0 to us but not putting any money on it.

I'll be happy with a draw mate. 

We were unlucky to concede against Forest which would have given us 4 clean sheets in a row but when teams defend in numbers against us we struggle. No plan B so to speak. 

Good luck... But not too much! 

8 minutes ago, Skalliwag said:

Not if they share tv revenue and legislate where the money is to be spent.🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️

Who will legislate what these businesses can do ... the idea behind it is for the top teams to take more of the revenue than they already take ... Man U , Liverpool and Arsenal are owned by US billionaires they aren't in it for the good of the game 

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, coxyhog said:

It could go either way,good game & your lot look dangerous going forward.

Well, I don't know what to say. You can't miss a penalty (not sure if it was tbh), score an own goal and expect to win at Watford. 

Ben Foster was your mom by a mile and Pedro and Sarr are quality players. I'm still wondering how we didn't get anything from that game and thought we were the better side for large parts. 

Anyways coxy, good luck for the rest of the season. I hope both Rovers and the Hornets are up there at seasons end. 

• Thumbs Up 1

12 hours ago, Aqualung said:

Well, I don't know what to say. You can't miss a penalty (not sure if it was tbh), score an own goal and expect to win at Watford. 

Ben Foster was your mom by a mile and Pedro and Sarr are quality players. I'm still wondering how we didn't get anything from that game and thought we were the better side for large parts. 

Anyways coxy, good luck for the rest of the season. I hope both Rovers and the Hornets are up there at seasons end. 

We were fortunate that Kabasele only got a yellow when one of your guys looked clean through as well.

For me the important thing is that we're not playing particularly well but still winning.When we get some of our injured players back hopefully we will play better.

Good luck to you too mate,I'm sure if you keep playing like that you'll be in the mix at the end.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Stillearly said:

Wow just seen it 

any idea how Celtic got on .. ? 

22 minutes ago, boydeste said:

Wow, that's pretty impressive.  Keeper well pissed off methinks. 

Beat 3 players, one of them twice, hit it from a waterlogged pitch in atrocious conditions from his own half.

Aye, he's some pup!

Not sure how Neil Lemon got on, maybe @JPK can enlighten you ...

• Haha 1

Thank f**k we only have to play Boremuff twice in a season....they must be one of the dirtiest teams in the Championship.

I moaned a lot about VAR last season but I reckon with it they would've been down to 9 men by half time.

& their No 5 who should've seen red for a knee high studs up tackle should've got at least another yellow for pulling back our forward when he was through on goal.

The standard of refereeing is not very high in the Championship.

Rant over.

3 hours ago, Kerry said:

All set for the Hammers. ⚒ could get messy. 

Playing well.

Was there last season or season before, can't remember, against the Geordies, was the same day as the opening of the Billy Bonds stand.  Good day, Billy and family were there.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 10/24/2020 at 4:19 PM, Krapow said:

Playing well.

Was there last season or season before, can't remember, against the Geordies, was the same day as the opening of the Billy Bonds stand.  Good day, Billy and family were there.

Only went twice last season , not much free time having the baby girl on board now . Both crackers putting 3 past Norwich & 4 passed Bournmouth .