Football

Thinkingallowed

1 hour ago, Kerry said:

Fat Boy Frankie got the tin tack ........

Very sad about this news. 

Again our club hierarchy have moved too soon in my book, I would rather have given him the season to see how things went but the powers that be are only concerned with profits.  Of course there may be other issues not so far confirmed that meant he had to go but I am sad at this news all the same.

55 minutes ago, Horizondave said:

Very sad about this news. 

Again our club hierarchy have moved too soon in my book, I would rather have given him the season to see how things went but the powers that be are only concerned with profits.  Of course there may be other issues not so far confirmed that meant he had to go but I am sad at this news all the same.

Seems to be the Chelsea blueprint & and to be honest its worked . Titles cups etc . 

18 hours ago, Kerry said:

Seems to be the Chelsea blueprint & and to be honest its worked . Titles cups etc . 

Agree but it seems only a short while ago Lampard was getting merit.

But I guess sign of the times you have big money at your disposal to buy players, plus a big salary you have to perform 100%. Also, your only as good as your last five games.

• Thumbs Up 1

14 hours ago, Stillearly said:

Memories memories memories ....  good Man City side too.

4-1 we won ...... Ronnie Boyce that amazing final goal. he scored the late winner against Preston 1964 FA Cup.

The legends on that pitch saw that Man City play at Arsenal and Upton Park.

Thank you so much for that brightened a freezing cold shite day as my boiler had broken down .......

• Thumbs Up 2

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/55810784

West Ham have signed Manchester United midfielder Jesse Lingard on loan until the end of the season, after completing the permanent signing of Said Benrahma.

England international Lingard, who has scored 33 goals in 210 appearances for United, had played just three times for the club this season.

United manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer said he wanted the 28-year-old to return to Old Trafford "revitalised".

"I'm excited," said Lingard. "It's another new chapter in my life."

54 minutes ago, Binlid said:

brilliant display from leeds today, could have had 5 or 6 in the end. Had to laugh at Bamford in his after game interview, mentioned he had himself in his Fantasy Football team. Another good came coming up hopefully.

Leeds are totally unpredictable at the moment.  If you had asked me to predict the result yesterday I would have said Leicester to win by a significant margin.  It is good to be wrong.

On a serious note, the season will have been a success if they remain in the premiership for another season.  Perhaps the same next season, but as time goes on expectations will rise.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Pumpuynarak said:

Well at least we only lost 3 points.............

One of my closest friends is a season ticket scummer 👀 as is the rest of his family. We had a chat yesterday, normal banter about the game, predicted scores etc. He said how weak Saints were due to injury. I said 2-1 United and he agreed, much to my surprise.

Think I will leave it a couple of days or so before I next speak to him...

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, galenkia said:

Have some of that @Aqualung 😀

_116849494_qpr1.jpg

Cheers mate, thanks for that! 

Once again we get near the play off's only to bottle it again. Its happened to often now and I wish Mowbray would put an end to playing players out of position. 

You can thank our mis-firing strikers and a couple of great saves by your keeper for your win G. 

Good luck for the rest of the season. 

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, Aqualung said:

Cheers mate, thanks for that! 

Once again we get near the play off's only to bottle it again. Its happened to often now and I wish Mowbray would put an end to playing players out of position. 

You can thank our mis-firing strikers and a couple of great saves by your keeper for your win G. 

Good luck for the rest of the season. 

Getting tight bottom of the league, won our last couple of games and still only 5 points off relegation. Apart from Wycombe anyone can stay up. 

Good luck to you as well mate. 

5 minutes ago, galenkia said:

Getting tight bottom of the league, won our last couple of games and still only 5 points off relegation. Apart from Wycombe anyone can stay up. 

Good luck to you as well mate. 

To be honest Gal... The championship this season is a poor standard. I've watched every rovers game on I follow and although, early doors we dry bummed a few teams we've had some beatings aswell. 

Like the look of that lad Chair and the Scandinavian you have there. I suppose we will be talking about the same things again next season as both our teams seem to be going nowhere soon. 

Loftus Road the shoebox... My only visit was a night match in the old league Cup early 80s..... Alan fuckin Brazil!!!! 

5 hours ago, Aqualung said:

To be honest Gal... The championship this season is a poor standard. I've watched every rovers game on I follow and although, early doors we dry bummed a few teams we've had some beatings aswell. 

Like the look of that lad Chair and the Scandinavian you have there. I suppose we will be talking about the same things again next season as both our teams seem to be going nowhere soon. 

Loftus Road the shoebox... My only visit was a night match in the old league Cup early 80s..... Alan fuckin Brazil!!!! 

Got to agree with that, usually there's 10 teams in the hunt but this time around it seems to me the top 6 are just about sorted already. I wouldn't be betting on anyone outside those 6 reaching the play offs now.

6 hours ago, Aqualung said:

Premier League has been abysmal this season. This is the worst Newcastle side in my lifetime and they are still far better than the bottom three, who may well be three of the worst sides to play in the PL in the last 10-15 years. The so called 'top 6' have been miles off the pace themselves, all look a shadow of years gone by. VAR and the referees seem to be grabbing more headlines that the players.