Football

Thinkingallowed

Not saying it's right but 4 year contract for a 28 year old quality player.

£400k x 4 x 48 = £77m

Now if you calculate no transfer fee- it makes him a pretty cheap buy as they would still pay a wage after a transfer fee.

What's people's opinion of this Declan Rice business.

Not sure about it. I'm not against school boys with dual nationality playing for both countries or indeed representing the country where they live but don't qualifiy through blood lines.

Changing countries after playing for another as an adult? No, even if they were friendlies.

37 minutes ago, Thinkingallowed said:

Not sure about it. I'm not against school boys with dual nationality playing for both countries or indeed representing the country where they live but don't qualifiy through blood lines.

Changing countries after playing for another as an adult? No, even if they were friendlies.

England obviously showed no interest in the lad during his international youth career. Now that it looks like he just might be a player they want him. 

I hope FIFA refuse his request. 

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, Thinkingallowed said:

I don't know mate. I'd consider 18 or even 21 in football still youth and many lads are pressured to play for their parents' home country, while they may much rather want to play for UK/NL/Germany etc given the chance.  

Perhaps draw the line at e.g. 5 or 10 tournament games including qualifying? 

Edited by Esco

4 hours ago, Thinkingallowed said:

Fcuk them, the Republic have been doing the same thing on players who have been brought through by Northern Ireland for years. 

Sum num na. 

• Thumbs Up 1

7 hours ago, Thinkingallowed said:

I know you can do it at youth level,Ryan Giggs is an example as he played for England as a youth,but that was only because his school was in England,he could never have played for the senior England team even if he wanted to.

But i agree,you should not be allowed to change countries once you have made a senior appearance.

Its why Raheem Sterling made a first team appearance in a competitive game in 2012,to stop him being eligable for Jamaica,the country he was born in.England knew he would be a future first team regular.

Only in Liverpool ....

Liverpool forward Sadio Mane's house was burgled while he was playing in the Champions League last-16 tie against Bayern Munich on Tuesday.

Items including watches, mobile phones and car keys were stolen.

The incident happened at Mane's house in Allerton, south Liverpool between 18:00 and 23:45 GMT - while the 26-year-old was at Anfield. No-one was in the property at the time.

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Stillearly said:

Only in Liverpool ....

Liverpool forward Sadio Mane's house was burgled while he was playing in the Champions League last-16 tie against Bayern Munich on Tuesday.

The incident happened at Mane's house in Allerton, south Liverpool between 18:00 and 23:45 GMT - while the 26-year-old was at Anfield. No-one was in the property at the time.

Aw mate my exact same thoughts when I read this ......... anyway Nadia is still awake so ....... :default_drink:

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Stillearly said:

Only in Liverpool ....

Apparantly Lovren's house was targeted after as well but they were scared off by a neighbour or someone who threatened to call the police.

Mane has been burgled before while playing at Anfield.

Absolutely knackered last night so I decided to have an early night and give the Gooners a miss for once.

Woke up at midnight and only just made it to the bog before the world dropped out of my ass.

Came out after half an hour, flopped down on my comfy sofa and watched the first half after all.

Went back into the bathroom at half time for another liquid dump and returned for the second half with 2 immodiums and some orange flavoured rehydration drink which tastes like piss.

Routine win for the Gooners and retired to my bed but up again at 07:00am for another high speed :default_527: dump and a further immodium.

Fine now. :default_coffee:

Edited by Jambo