Football

Thinkingallowed

My phone rang 30 minutes ago:

Alex McLeish heard that my Granny was born in Edinburgh and he wanted to know if I was available for the minnows cup final against San Marino.

I said I was 49, 25 kilo's overweight and had  two dodgy knees.

No problem, says Alex - you will fit in fine in a back 9.

• Haha 1

So international break time and apart from taking the micky out of the neighbours there's not a lot of fun to be had.

Biggest game of the period seems to be tonight with Holland v Germany or Verenigd Koninkrijk der Nederlanden v Bundesrepublik Deutschland if you prefer.

Holland Germany is good enough. Two nations who love each other .............

BM Esco to the board please about der winterhonger 1944 ............... thousands starved to death and ate tulip bulbs ..... should be a cracking game however.

5 hours ago, nampla69 said:

Holland Germany is good enough. Two nations who love each other .............

BM Esco to the board please about der winterhonger 1944 ............... thousands starved to death and ate tulip bulbs ..... should be a cracking game however.

Ze Germans... where to begin? 

I think my hatred for them died together with my grandfather may he RIP.

He was a boy from Rotterdam, lived through the 'winterhonger' as you described, and he would never refer to them as Germans, only as 'moffen' and only good moffen were dead moffen per his comments 🙂

I don't mind Germans, have a very close German mate who lives in Benalmadena, but it's always nice to beat them in footy. 

As for today, the Dutch team are on a roll but may be due a wake up call. Should be a good game lads. 

5 hours ago, Pumpuynarak said:

Well my beloved Saints got a much needed win v Brighton 0-1, i think we might just manage to stay in the PL, here's hoping and praying.

With officials such as the ones at Cardiff yesterday you should defo finish above the Welshmen.

Colin Wanker was close to apoplexy & rightly so.There is a definite bias amongst officials in favour of the bigger clubs.Hopefully VAR will help but instead of the gimp on the field making the decision it'll be the gimp in front of the tv set.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Who would want to be a Villarreal fan?

After going going two nil up at the weekend in a relegation scrap with Celta Vigo they lose 3-2 in a faery tale Aspas inspired comeback.

So off to top of the league Barcelona and a brave choice to try going two down to begin with. With seconds to go plus injury time they lead 4-2 only to end the game with one point for the draw.

Match reports here...

https://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2019/apr/01/tears-and-cheers-as-iago-aspas-returns-to-save-celta-vigo-again

https://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2019/apr/03/villarreal-barcelona-la-liga-game-no-one-ever-wanted-to-finish