Football

Thinkingallowed

13 hours ago, Stillearly said:

3-0 now , I think it's more about finishing fourth 

That is the last time I set my alarm for 01.30 am after watching the Gooners be 3 - 0 down at half time to...........Wolves!!!!

All these kick offs in the middle of the night have me permanantly jet lagged as I am so hyped up after the match I cannot get back to sleep.

Went back to bed and never watched the second half.

46 minutes ago, Jambo said:

That is the last time I set my alarm for 01.30 am after watching the Gooners be 3 - 0 down at half time to...........Wolves!!!!

All these kick offs in the middle of the night have me permanantly jet lagged as I am so hyped up after the match I cannot get back to sleep.

No disgrace getting beaten by Wolves. I think they’ll win the Everton cup, come 7th, this year. 

13 minutes ago, Thinkingallowed said:

No disgrace getting beaten by Wolves. I think they’ll win the Everton cup, come 7th, this year. 

Typical Gooners - we had 70% of the play in the first 20 minutes but not a shot on goal.

They come up our end and score totally against the run of play!

1 hour ago, Jambo said:

Typical Gooners - we had 70% of the play in the first 20 minutes but not a shot on goal.

They come up our end and score totally against the run of play!

They know how to play big teams. That’s four points they’ve taken from Arsenal, Chelsea and Man United this season plus a draw against City and a win v Spurs. It’s results against smaller teams they need to improve on.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, coxyhog said:

Big match on Saturday,Watford vs Wolves who are both gunning for 7th place,which will be a Europa League spot if Man City win the FA Cup.

We've beaten Wolves twice this season & I'm hoping for a third win.I'll be there.

My first appointment as a Branch Manager for an Insurance Company was at Watford.

I walked into the Branch for the first time one Monday morning to find my "Pensions" expert with his leg in plaster.

He was part of a small team who were supposed to parachute into Watfords ground on the Saturday before kick off but he missed the ground completely and landed on the pavement outside! :default_biggrin:

• Haha 4

1 minute ago, Jambo said:

My first appointment as a Branch Manager for an Insurance Company was at Watford.

I walked into the Branch for the first time one Monday morning to find my "Pensions" expert with his leg in plaster.

He was part of a small team who were supposed to parachute into Watfords ground on the Saturday before kick off but he missed the ground completely and landed on the pavement outside! :default_biggrin:

Was his name Luther Blissett?

• Like 1

17 hours ago, coxyhog said:

Luther is still a hero around here,a lovely man.

Legend in Italy too ......books and fan clubs written about him.  Comes across really well does Luther B.

We've got you away last game of the season ........ feck all to play for but hey ho !! :default_flower: ..cricket and rugby World Cups to come. 

4 hours ago, nampla69 said:

Legend in Italy too ......books and fan clubs written about him.  Comes across really well does Luther B.

We've got you away last game of the season ........ feck all to play for but hey ho !! :default_flower: ..cricket and rugby World Cups to come. 

Yep I'm going,hopefully we'll still be in with a shout of 7th place.

Well you couldn't have scripted that today.

This week Celtics greatest ever captain Billy McNeill, who wore the number 5, passed away. His greatest achievement was lifting the European cup in 67

Today Celtic played Kilmarnock and Simunovic who wears the number 5 scored with the goal being scored in the 67th minute. 

• Like 3
  • Thumbs Up 4

On 4/25/2019 at 5:16 PM, coxyhog said:

Big match on Saturday,Watford vs Wolves who are both gunning for 7th place,which will be a Europa League spot if Man City win the FA Cup.

We've beaten Wolves twice this season & I'm hoping for a third win.I'll be there.

What a crock of shit that was!

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, coxyhog said:

What a crock of shit that was!

At least you ain't as crap as us.We lost again yesterday,and have one league win since boxing day,against Leeds.Just glad we had a good start to the season and there are 3 shittier teams than us.

37 minutes ago, galenkia said:

At least you ain't as crap as us.We lost again yesterday,and have one league win since boxing day,against Leeds.Just glad we had a good start to the season and there are 3 shittier teams than us.

If we defend as we have in the last few games in the FA Cup final Man City will be looking at a rugby score.

On 4/25/2019 at 10:39 AM, Jambo said:

At least you could watch today's game at a reasonable hour .... 🙂