Football

Thinkingallowed

On 4/27/2019 at 3:33 PM, Murchie said:

Well you couldn't have scripted that today.

This week Celtics greatest ever captain Billy McNeill, who wore the number 5, passed away. His greatest achievement was lifting the European cup in 67

Today Celtic played Kilmarnock and Simunovic who wears the number 5 scored with the goal being scored in the 67th minute. 

The guy who scored the winning goal in 1967 passed away today too.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/48091417

Edited by KWA

2 hours ago, Al McReady said:

Unbelievable that this should happen so soon after Billy going. 

The guys who gave us two of the most iconic moments of our history gone within a week.

It's really taking time to sink in.

Ran home from school to watch the Lisbon Lions that glorious hot day and for years could name the whole team.

Stevie Chalmers eh .......... dementia also ..... RIP :default_clover:

20 hours ago, Aqualung said:

Bit of fun for you. 

What do these photos have in common? 

a-fish-called-wanda-oral-history-embed05.jpg

blackburn-rovers-v-manchester-united-league-match-at-ewood-park-saturday-ENHMEB.jpg

Cary_Grant_Indiscreet_1958.jpg

Something to do with Bristol Rovers / City methinks ......... Cary Grant born there and John Cleese West Country boy also covering his bristles .......  

team shirts look like the old Bristol Rovers ones ???

Getting warm ??? :default_gathering:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, nampla69 said:

Something to do with Bristol Rovers / City methinks ......... Cary Grant born there and John Cleese West Country boy also covering his bristles .......  

team shirts look like the old Bristol Rovers ones ???

Getting warm ??? :default_gathering:

Warmish!!!! 

I'll give you a clue namps. Read Stillearlys post. 

Remember Xmas sometime in the 60s? My team put 8 past you at Upton Park. 

21 hours ago, Aqualung said:

Warmish!!!! 

I'll give you a clue namps. Read Stillearlys post. 

Remember Xmas sometime in the 60s? My team put 8 past you at Upton Park. 

Seared into my childhood memory. First year I ever saw West Ham at Highbury. 1963 3-3 draw. Anyway here goes .............

Boxing Day 1963 the mighty West Ham 2 --------- Blackburn Rovers 8 ............................. :default_1087::default_1087: ......

Ewood Park ???? your old ground ??? Looked again and yep Blackburn shirts for sure Bryan Douglas et al looks like against Man Utd ??? 

Did you have a player called Archie Leach ??????? 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Esco said:

If there is a God, Ajax loses the cup final this weekend, gets beat by Spurs at home and loses the next league match. 🙏

If there was a God of football Abu Dhabi City would have dropped points by now. Never mind just the small matter of Barcelona tonight before the round of matches where Liverpool managers decide the league. Klopp v Benitez and Pep v Brodgers.