Football

Thinkingallowed

Spurs now need three goals in the second half ... gutted ... I was hoping I could cheer for an English team in the final ... [emoji6] 
Well, they've got two or of the three - hang in there, 18 minutes is eternity...

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

I think it was said on another forum that English football is now a very poor standard compared to other European leagues, tell that to Liverpool and Spurs. Both played out of their skins and the passion, the desire, the heart was amazing. We English should be proud of what our teams have done in Europe.

I just hope that Chelsea and Arsenal can make history tomorrow by producing an all English participation in the European finals.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

On 5/1/2019 at 7:23 AM, Esco said:

If there is a God, Ajax loses the cup final this weekend, gets beat by Spurs at home and loses the next league match. 🙏

One out 2 so far ain't bad. 

:default_party-smiley-048:

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Horizondave said:

I think it was said on another forum that English football is now a very poor standard compared to other European leagues, tell that to Liverpool and Spurs. Both played out of their skins and the passion, the desire, the heart was amazing. We English should be proud of what our teams have done in Europe.

I just hope that Chelsea and Arsenal can make history tomorrow by producing an all English participation in the European finals.

I hope they do too, but if English football is to gain in credibility they'll need to have more than the 3 English players in their starting line ups that Spurs and Liverpool had the past two nights.

The leagues are strong due to the UK being a rich nation and Sky Sports etc exploiting that.

1 hour ago, KWA said:

I hope they do too, but if English football is to gain in credibility they'll need to have more than the 3 English players in their starting line ups that Spurs and Liverpool had the past two nights.

The leagues are strong due to the UK being a rich nation and Sky Sports etc exploiting that.

Agreed and I really was talking about the league as a whole rather than the make up of it's players.  Comments on another site did not talk about the players but the quality of the football played and rated it far behind other leagues including the Scottish.

When I was a kid I always wanted the British teams to do well and supported them in any final even if they were not my beloved Chelsea.

That seemed to go by the wayside over the years with the competition, the money in the game etc and sometimes one was happy when another British team lost to foreign opposition.  Fact is that the last two days I have been supporting and shouting for Liverpool and Spurs to win their games and I reacted almost as one of their fans when they won their games. That is good for me and I will be supporting Arsenal and Chelsea tonight although the love for Arsenal winning is not as strong as they might just be up against my blues.

Still I think English football is in a good place even though foreign imports and the money have changed the goalposts.

11 minutes ago, Aqualung said:

What's your thoughts on the appointment Gal.? I thought he would do well since leaving Brentford but he's flattered to deceive IMHO. 

We have sod all money to spend,still paying off the £40m FFP fine,which at the time was the biggest sporting fine ever.So a manager comes in knowing he has little funds and has to work with a pretty average/poor set of players.So i thought we done well getting him in.

Felt sorry for McClaren,was let down by a poor turnaround in his players form.I mean,how do you go from 8th in the league on boxing day to then only winning 2 games the rest of the season?.But the manager gets sacked and the players carry on like normal.Football is f***d up.

• Thumbs Up 1

6 hours ago, coxyhog said:

Being a Watford fan I support any English team in Europe....& anyone playing Luton of course😎

1 hour ago, BarryL said:

racist

No, just our local Derby...being a Luton fan I feel the same 😁  

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1