Football

Thinkingallowed

So four games into the premier league in England and Liverpool are top of the table. Chelsea up there with them also on maximum points which to be honest surprises me after they took so long to sort out who was the manager.

An early season Jose meltdown was a thing of joy and West Ham aren't doing very well.

Oh too soon it all stops for bloody international friendlies I hear you cry. Well actually you are wrong there as it is the UEFA Nations League.

Now if you have not been keeping up with this I thought I take the time to explain the format...

Countries are split into groups across four leagues. The four winners of the top-ranked League A will qualify for the Nations League Finals in June 2019. Those who do not make it will face promotion and relegation, while a potential route into Euro 2020 will also be up for grabs. While group winners of League A will compete in the Nations League Finals ? which will feature semi-finals, a third-place match and the final hosted by one of the sides involved ? the victors in Leagues B, C and D gain promotion and the bottom sides from Leagues A, B and C will be relegated. The second season will take place in 2020-21. Teams that fail to top their group and do not get a semi final can enter a talent contest where they nominate one player to impress a panel of judges with a dance, performing a musical instrument or comedy act. If they score more than 6.8 from the judges then they go into a penalty shootout against the winners of the Charity Aid match featuring no less that three members of the Hollyoaks cast. The runner up will qualify for the Carabao cup quarterfinal while the wining team will face off against the national that came top of league D unless they are from Russia in which case they will not play Ukraine in a fifth gold run of Blockbusters. And that is Numberwang.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Thinkingallowed said:

So four games into the premier league in England and Liverpool are top of the table. Chelsea up there with them also on maximum points which to be honest surprises me after they took so long to sort out who was the manager.

An early season Jose meltdown was a thing of joy and West Ham aren't doing very well.

Oh too soon it all stops for bloody international friendlies I hear you cry. Well actually you are wrong there as it is the UEFA Nations League.

Now if you have not been keeping up with this I thought I take the time to explain the format...

Countries are split into groups across four leagues. The four winners of the top-ranked League A will qualify for the Nations League Finals in June 2019. Those who do not make it will face promotion and relegation, while a potential route into Euro 2020 will also be up for grabs. While group winners of League A will compete in the Nations League Finals ? which will feature semi-finals, a third-place match and the final hosted by one of the sides involved ? the victors in Leagues B, C and D gain promotion and the bottom sides from Leagues A, B and C will be relegated. The second season will take place in 2020-21. Teams that fail to top their group and do not get a semi final can enter a talent contest where they nominate one player to impress a panel of judges with a dance, performing a musical instrument or comedy act. If they score more than 6.8 from the judges then they go into a penalty shootout against the winners of the Charity Aid match featuring no less that three members of the Hollyoaks cast. The runner up will qualify for the Carabao cup quarterfinal while the wining team will face off against the national that came top of league D unless they are from Russia in which case they will not play Ukraine in a fifth gold run of Blockbusters. And that is Numberwang.

Well explained, a lot less complicated than when I first read about it.

To be fair, I prefer it to meaningless international friendlies.

Disgusting what all has happened to West Ham, and indicative of the modern money orientated game. No real love for them, but more annoyed the state and football nowadays.

Can't see past Man Citeh again ...

• Like 1

Rumour has it that when Denmark play Wales (at least I think its Wales), they will be fielding an entire team made up of the very lowest football leagues in Denmark. Just think England pick all their team members from the teams of division 2!!!!!!!!! 

• Like 1

Not looking forward to this nations league nonsense at all. International friendlies and qualifiers are drab enough without more pointless games.

The premier league is shaping up to look like city will romp home again. I fancy Cardiff, Huddersfield and Southampton to go down. Worrying starts thus far for burnley, West Ham and Newcastle but I think those sides will recover.

• Like 2

On 9/4/2018 at 7:31 AM, Thinkingallowed said:

So still no chance of Scotland qualifying. 

1 hour ago, Murchie said:

So still no chance of Scotland qualifying. 

That's one good thing about being a very old man nearing death like me... I can actually remember Scotland qualifying for something. Still didn't get out the group stages though.  :D 

• 2 weeks later...
17 hours ago, nampla69 said:

BM Thinkingallowed is by now getting totally rat arsed up in the boondocks of Isaan and buying every retired expat large ones ......  !!!  🍻

Was a vodka day and a jolly good day it was too.

Chelsea are top of the table though and it wouldn't surprise me if they ignore the Europa  league and end up champions.

40 minutes ago, Thinkingallowed said:

Chelsea are top of the table though and it wouldn't surprise me if they ignore the Europa  league and end up champions.

They are getting the results but still plenty for them to work on. Liverpool are looking excellent, tightened up at the back, lethal going forward. Citeh still looking like champions.

On ‎9‎/‎16‎/‎2018 at 8:47 AM, Thinkingallowed said:

Good game tonight, the Pool deserved their win against PSG.

Where you able to watch it?