Football

Thinkingallowed

28 minutes ago, Stillearly said:

Manchester City charged with breaking financial rules by Premier League

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/64536785

Cities 50 lawyers v EPLs 50 lawyers. 

City will drag it out and end up paying a 50 million pounds fine and a slap on the wrist!  

City and the EPL will shake hands and.... 

Rinse and repeat! 

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 3

Well I think this Saturday will be my last match at Vicarage Road.The club in their financially influenced wisdom have banned thermos flasks from being taken into the ground on safety measures.

I've been going to football matches for nearly 53 years and have never heard or read anything about a flask being used as an offensive weapon or missile.

I would think that the majority who take flasks to the ground are like me & living off a state pension so as usual the poorest & most vulnerable are the ones to suffer.Going to be bloody cold there on Saturday.

This is just an excuse to sell more of their vastly overpriced crap to us.

Quite fitting really,my first match was Watford vs Blackburn in 1970 & my last one will be Watford vs Blackburn in 2023.

• Sad 4

16 minutes ago, coxyhog said:

Well I think this Saturday will be my last match at Vicarage Road.The club in their financially influenced wisdom have banned thermos flasks from being taken into the ground on safety measures.

I've been going to football matches for nearly 53 years and have never heard or read anything about a flask being used as an offensive weapon or missile.

I would think that the majority who take flasks to the ground are like me & living off a state pension so as usual the poorest & most vulnerable are the ones to suffer.Going to be bloody cold there on Saturday.

Quite fitting really,my first match was Watford vs Blackburn in 1970 & my last one will be Watford vs Blackburn in 2023.

That is so sad mate. 

• Thumbs Up 1

On 2/7/2023 at 1:46 PM, Derek Dangleberries said:

That is so sad mate. 

Probably also to do with the shite they serve up as football.I've been to a few home games this season but I think the last time I watched a win was vs Man Utd last season.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 2/7/2023 at 2:29 PM, coxyhog said:

I'll cheer you up Coxy. 

As a Blackburn Rovers supporter I hope we at least get a draw. But... We are absolutely shite and have been since the first 6 games of the season. Since then, we've been "found out" big time. 

Transfer deadline day was a joke for us as the amateurs that run our club put the paperwork in late on 2 possible signings. One a bloody good one. 

I'll be watching on Saturday via Rovers TV but I know now that it will be the same old tippy tappy play out from the back shite I've seen all season. We just don't have the players to do that. Breretons brain is already at Villareal and we have a lot of injuries, mainly in defence. 

So.. Watford at least 3 and us 0.

Hope I'm wrong obviously Coxy. But whatever the outcome, enjoy your day at Vicarage Road. 

• Thumbs Up 1

On 2/7/2023 at 1:29 PM, coxyhog said:

Am I allowed to take in my darts, my Jif lemon with ammonia, and my oranges with razor blades in?.

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, Aqualung said:

I'll cheer you up Coxy. 

As a Blackburn Rovers supporter I hope we at least get a draw. But... We are absolutely shite and have been since the first 6 games of the season. Since then, we've been "found out" big time. 

Transfer deadline day was a joke for us as the amateurs that run our club put the paperwork in late on 2 possible signings. One a bloody good one. 

I'll be watching on Saturday via Rovers TV but I know now that it will be the same old tippy tappy play out from the back shite I've seen all season. We just don't have the players to do that. Breretons brain is already at Villareal and we have a lot of injuries, mainly in defence. 

So.. Watford at least 3 and us 0.

Hope I'm wrong obviously Coxy. But whatever the outcome, enjoy your day at Vicarage Road. 

Cheers mate,my first ever match was the first of the 70/71 season and we beat you 2-1 courtesy of 2 low left foot thunderbolts from Tom Walley,who went on to be the youth team coach under Graham Taylor and was responsible for bringing quite a few household names into the game.

If we hadn't had such a bad run of injuries I think we'd be up there with the top two.At one stage I think we had 7 first teamers out with hamstrings,our most creative midfielder with a broken leg & another experienced midfielder snapped an achilles tendon just minutes before the WC break started.We had 3 players taken off with hams in one match.I just hope that whatever happens they stick with Bilic.

Anyway enough moaning let's hope it's a good game....& not too bloody cold!

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, coxyhog said:

Cheers mate,my first ever match was the first of the 70/71 season and we beat you 2-1 courtesy of 2 low left foot thunderbolts from Tom Walley,who went on to be the youth team coach under Graham Taylor and was responsible for bringing quite a few household names into the game.

If we hadn't had such a bad run of injuries I think we'd be up there with the top two.At one stage I think we had 7 first teamers out with hamstrings,our most creative midfielder with a broken leg & another experienced midfielder snapped an achilles tendon just minutes before the WC break started.We had 3 players taken off with hams in one match.I just hope that whatever happens they stick with Bilic.

Anyway enough moaning let's hope it's a good game....& not too bloody cold!

I like Bilic was a good player and is a good manager.

Been to the Vicarage a few times over the years. Last time had one stand shut down and a corner part closed.

Hows the ground looking these days?.

1 hour ago, galenkia said:

I like Bilic was a good player and is a good manager.

Been to the Vicarage a few times over the years. Last time had one stand shut down and a corner part closed.

Hows the ground looking these days?.

Superb mate,it's a proper Prem ground.A lot of fans bitch about our owners but the improvements to the infrastructure have been massive.

• Thumbs Up 1

@Aqualung Well I survived the cold sans thermos but I'm glad I took my gloves as there wasn't much for me to clap for,especially in the first half.

Defensive fcuk up gave your lot the first goal & that's the only serious threat to our goal I can remember.

But we have some seriously good players coming back from injury so hopefully onwards & upwards.

Only Burnley away on Tuesday,no probs😂.

8 hours ago, coxyhog said:

@Aqualung Well I survived the cold sans thermos but I'm glad I took my gloves as there wasn't much for me to clap for,especially in the first half.

Defensive fcuk up gave your lot the first goal & that's the only serious threat to our goal I can remember.

But we have some seriously good players coming back from injury so hopefully onwards & upwards.

Only Burnley away on Tuesday,no probs😂.

You were by far the better team and we got lucky as Watford missed a couple of sitters that my Thai wife would have scored. 

It's still pains me as unfair though... Those parachute payments rewarding relegated teams. 

That said, you are up against the best team in the league  on Tuesday and you will need to up your game to bring any points away from that shithole. 

We are at WBA.... Hopefully not a loss. 

Best wishes for the rest of the season. I'm certain you will get a play off place with that team. 

• Thumbs Up 2

12 minutes ago, galenkia said:

Great finish to Burnley vs Watford, last minute equalizer from Burnley, so @coxyhog won’t be happy.

Fucking dire from Rangers, lost 0-3 at home to Sunderland. Been fucking rubbish for months.

Yep watched it on Sky,dunno where they got 6 mins injury time from but a point away to the top side-by some distance-in the division ain't bad.

Was hoping for more from QPR given the Mackems position in the table.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, coxyhog said:

Yep watched it on Sky,dunno where they got 6 mins injury time from but a point away to the top side-by some distance-in the division ain't bad.

Was hoping for more from QPR given the Mackems position in the table.

I fuckin hate Burnley but they did us a favour tonight provided we can get something from west Brom. 

Don't know what's happening to Galenkia's team but that new manager is not doing to well. Is that zero wins in 11 now? 

No doubt they will hit form again when we visit Loftus Road soon. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Aqualung said:

I fuckin hate Burnley but they did us a favour tonight provided we can get something from west Brom. 

Don't know what's happening to Galenkia's team but that new manager is not doing to well. Is that zero wins in 11 now? 

No doubt they will hit form again when we visit Loftus Road soon. 

Usual 50/50 performance every season,half good, half shit.

Why we will probably stay in this division or lower forever.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, galenkia said:

Usual 50/50 performance every season,half good, half shit.

Why we will probably stay in this division or lower forever.

Yep, same with Bristol City but they have just hit a good run and are heading out the relegation danger zone.

My son is on "earlies" this week so maybe he will be at The Gate tonight hopefully to give Wigan a good thrashing which will improve their GD..... I've just had a glance at yours .....Sorry for bringing the subject up !!!