Football

Thinkingallowed

24 minutes ago, Krapow said:

Salah certainly wasn't his best, though that is high standards. 

Mane has stepped up. 

Wijinaldum playing very well as is milner.

Fabinho and Keita can't even get a look in atm.

If Liverpool can maintain their consistency and cut out those stupid mistakes at the back, they will win something this year.

After PSG's defeat another Qatari money project lost last night. 

Man City 1-2 Lyon 

If only Man United had not won it could have been a perfect Champions League start.

Most people put away club allegiances when it comes to European games but I don't want any English club to win this competition except Liverpool. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Thinkingallowed said:

Well in an effort to post a fact based micky take on Newcastle United's record in Europe I fell down a Wiki hole there.

You've actually got a very fair win rate in Europe of over 50%

We used to be a good team until Ashley took over. We regularly played in Europe, we beat inter, Barca and juve. Not to mention winning the fairs cup in 1969. Now we fight relegation every season and get put out of the league cup in the first round.

• Thumbs Up 1

Reading extracts from Kevin Keegan's time at Newcastle and shaking my head in disbelief. Dennis Wise signing players for 60k p/w on the back of YouTube videos and because he owed a favour to an agent. Jimenez got the job as director of football despite his only experience of the game was being a steward at Chelsea.

• Haha 1

dcfc   There was an article in the Telegraph over the weekend explaining that your Avatar was 'too good' to waste his talents with Newcastle United.  Was it a planted article by Rafa's connections? Possibly, but it does not help matters.  The Club and their fans are always more important than the current Owner or Manager.

6 minutes ago, south7eventh said:

dcfc   There was an article in the Telegraph over the weekend explaining that your Avatar was 'too good' to waste his talents with Newcastle United.  Was it a planted article by Rafa's connections? Possibly, but it does not help matters.  The Club and their fans are always more important than the current Owner or Manager.

I think Rafa is only there for two reasons. Firstly his children are very settled in the English education system and he feels a similar affinity with the fans that he had at Liverpool. 

What a lovely football night last night was.

Manchester United out of the league cup. Harry Wilson the 21 year old on loan from Liverpool Fc scores one beautiful free kick...

https://streamvi.com/watch.php?video=1537906699

...and gives the five fingered goal celebration at Old Trafford. 

Game finished 2-2 and Harry scored his penalty as well in the 8-7 Derby spot kick victory. 

On 9/24/2018 at 12:33 PM, south7eventh said:

No I don't think it was planned by Rafa. Far from it. He is loving his time on tyneside and said he would be happy to stay their for the rest of his career. The fans would be happy to have him. The problem is he is ambitious whereas Ashley isn't. Rafa has been the first manager since Keegan to stand up to Ashley. It's all very depressing on tyneside, haven't been to a game this season yet which is unusual for me. I'll be there in a few weeks though, hoping a first win of the season today.

On 9/24/2018 at 12:02 PM, dcfc2007 said:

Reading extracts from Kevin Keegan's time at Newcastle and shaking my head in disbelief. Dennis Wise signing players for 60k p/w on the back of YouTube videos and because he owed a favour to an agent. Jimenez got the job as director of football despite his only experience of the game was being a steward at Chelsea.

Can't beat Graeme Souness for Southampton signing Ali Dia on the strength of a phone call from someone pretending to be George Weah.Put him on as a sub then never played for them again.Turned out he was a former non league player not the Senegalese international he claimed to be.😀

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, galenkia said:

Can't beat Graeme Souness for Southampton signing Ali Dia on the strength of a phone call from someone pretending to be George Weah.Put him on as a sub then never played for them again.Turned out he was a former non league player not the Senegalese international he claimed to be.😀

• Haha 2

17 minutes ago, dcfc2007 said:

Just watching Leicester spank Newcastle at home. We are as poor as premier league side as you will ever see. Utterly depressing. Still have faith that Rafa will keep us up.

they are useless , go down to the championship and regroup then come back up again

11 minutes ago, nadia said:

they are useless , go down to the championship and regroup then come back up again

Done that two seasons ago.

It's all down to a lack of investment. Our summer signings consisted of free transfers and loan signings from relegated clubs.

Rumour has it ex-man united and chelsea CEO Peter Kenyon is sniffing around to buy Newcastle.