Football

Thinkingallowed

• 4 weeks later...

Another win by Liverpool puts them top of the league. 

Not a great game to be fair, and especially Firminho looked out form today, but winning games like this is what Liverpool often failed to do previous seasons. 

Monday's game between City n Spurs will be interesting. 

Just now, Al McReady said:

Watched the match last night,decent game ,was impressed by QPR.

McClaren got some good loans in from the PL after the first few games and they have really made a difference.He had no money to spend as we are paying off the FFP fine,so only has what we had plus loans and youngsters.

Done a really good job so far.

• Great Info 1

6 minutes ago, galenkia said:

QPR 9th and 2 points off playoffs after last nights win over Villa.

Looked grim first few games of the season,especially after losing 7-1 at WBA.

Wiping the smile off john Terry's ugly smug face won many a fan for qpr last night.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, galenkia said:

He would of got some proper abuse,especially after the Anton Ferdinand incident.

Man is just vermin.

Awful human being. He really is. So unlikable it's incredible. I remember when I was in uni he came into the bentalls shopping centre and a wee Scouse lass from my halls of residence told him to fuck off she wasn't serving him, she got the sack, said it was worth it though. Lol.

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, galenkia said:

Think its hard to call.We don't normally go on decent unbeaten runs for long so i would take a draw.

Whilst I don't think we play the best football in the league we are scrappers. Played the last 17 minutes at West Brom with 10 men and a midfielder in goal ! 

1-1 at the leagues top scorers ain't bad . 

We have only been beaten 5 times in the last 45 games ,granted most were in league one but I hoping for a scrappy win against your lot . Hopefully it will be an entertaining game. 

• Thumbs Up 1

17 minutes ago, Thinkingallowed said:

Good weekend for Liverpool so far. Top of the league and Arsenal dropped two points.

What will happen at Wembley tonight when Spuds take on City? Will they be able to repair the pitch after it being churned up by the American football was played on it? Another draw would be perfect for me.

City will spank them.

1 hour ago, dcfc2007 said:

@Krapow how did rangers get on?

Between that and my FF Team only scoring 21 ffs!

But I've 3 players tonight, one my Captain.

I tell ya. if I wasn't lucky in love i'd have no luck at all :)

Still, could be worse, could be owned by Mike Ashely ...

• Thumbs Up 1

On 27 October 2018 at 11:07 PM, galenkia said:

Think its hard to call.We don't normally go on decent unbeaten runs for long so i would take a draw.

Apparently a shit boring game Gal .i didn't attend but listened to it on local radio . Good luck for the rest of the season . 

• 2 weeks later...
14 minutes ago, dcfc2007 said:

Apparently neymar gets a 350k per year bonus just to applaud the fans. Wouldn't be surprised if there are similar clauses in many professional footballers contracts. Sad state of affairs really isn't it.

Most of a footballers salary is made up of bonuses.When they say a player is earning £200k a week his basic salary may be half that.That is the max he can earn with all bonuses.

Remember Stan Collymore talking about it on Talk Sport once.

Its like with transfers,big transfers are paid off over 5 to 10 years,sometimes years after the player has left.Its how they can get round FFP rules as they are only paying off a percentage each year.Plus few clubs have that actual cash flow anyway as many are running at a loss,us being a prime example.

• Like 1