Football

Thinkingallowed

Got nothing against Lampard but can't stand the Abramovich Chelski, and don't see this working out.

Derby's away record last season W7 , D7 & L9. Take that to transfer banned Chelski (minus Hazard), that will test their loyal supporters. Both Rafa and Sarri did well,there  but not good enough for them apparently. 

Edited by Lemondropkid
  • Thumbs Up 3

2 minutes ago, Horizondave said:

I see Peter Crouch has announced his retirement as no team would really offer him a regular place or the chance to go and win trophies....he should have signed for Spurs then.

Always liked Crouch , think he would make a decent pundit if he wants to go that way 

1 hour ago, Stillearly said:

Always liked Crouch , think he would make a decent pundit if he wants to go that way 

Yes, seen him a few times in a non football scenario and he comes across as a nice bloke.  His wife (Abbey) also is not only attractive but also comes across as a smart and good person...

He has been a good servant for the teams he has played for, I wish him well in retirement even though he has scored a few goals in his time against my team.

Joking apart I know he won't be signed by Spurs, he has already taken that avenue before.

Roy Keane, a fucking lunatic!

That said, i'd love the likes of Koscielny to try and pull that shite on him lol

I blame your parents 🤣

"Roy is doing his team-talk and going around to a couple of lads and, rightly or wrongly, he was talking to one lad from London who was 19 and said 'look, I don't think you are going to make it in the game. I don't see you being consistent enough, you will probably be back in London next year doing drive-by shootings with your friends'.

"We are all sitting there, 'Holy God'.

https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/i-blame-your-parents-for-the-way-they-brought-you-up-roy-keanes-honest-dressing-room-chats-38305818.html?fbclid=IwAR3DJ5MSJDOAaNc44QMpK41m0Qy3rxQqUbN7aOFXgqvCDig06ChAcpNXcXI

6 hours ago, Horizondave said:

I see Peter Crouch has announced his retirement as no team would really offer him a regular place or the chance to go and win trophies....he should have signed for Spurs then.

Should of come back to Rangers as we need better players than what we have.

• Thumbs Up 1

Crouchy is a top geezer, in the real old school sense. 

The fact that on the BBC article about his retirement, there was about 500 user comments and pretty much not one bad one says a lot about him, because the BBC Have Your Say users, especially on football  articles are some of the most vitriolic nasty trolling chumps o the web.

His book is well worth a read and his podcast a good listen.

He also wins best answer to the question every footballer gets asked - 

Journo: What would you have been if you weren't a footballer?

Crouchy: A virgin.

Legend 😃

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Haha 2

One of the new rules they are bringing in for the coming season is that a player being substituted must leave the field of play at the nearest possible point, this is an attempt to stop the player dawdling for 100metres or more to kill a bit of time. can you imagine if he is an away player being substituted because he has just committed a bad foul and been yellow carded and the manager doesn`t want him getting another card and being sent off. He has to walk right around the ground receiving dogs abuse and more than likely having missiles thrown at him, by the time he gets back to the dugout he will be covered in sputum, this could possibly lead to another Cantona  like incident. Cant wait for the season to start :default_071:

• Surprised 1

2 hours ago, Binlid said:

One of the new rules they are bringing in for the coming season is that a player being substituted must leave the field of play at the nearest possible point, this is an attempt to stop the player dawdling for 100metres or more to kill a bit of time. can you imagine if he is an away player being substituted because he has just committed a bad foul and been yellow carded and the manager doesn`t want him getting another card and being sent off. He has to walk right around the ground receiving dogs abuse and more than likely having missiles thrown at him, by the time he gets back to the dugout he will be covered in sputum, this could possibly lead to another Cantona  like incident. Cant wait for the season to start :default_071:

Too many teams made sure the player to be subbed was as far away as possible from the bench.Mark Hughes was a master at it.