Football

Thinkingallowed

2 hours ago, galenkia said:

Pointing is now an offside offence. 🙄

_115279111_bamford1.jpg

Think it was either his shoulder or elbow that was offside!!! This VAR been used to decide offside decisions is flucking stupid! Bayern Munich have had 4 goals disallowed in their last 2 games for been "offside"!!

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

20 hours ago, galenkia said:

Pointing is now an offside offence. 🙄

_115279111_bamford1.jpg

Its getting ridiculous Gally, why oh why is it not your torso that has to be offside not an arm, hand or foot ? they're making a nonsense of the beautiful game imo, goals are the lifeblood of the game and they're doing their best to prevent them. 

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

7 hours ago, Pumpuynarak said:

Its getting ridiculous Gally, why oh why is it not your torso that has to be offside not an arm, hand or foot ? they're making a nonsense of the beautiful game imo, goals are the lifeblood of the game and they're doing their best to prevent them. 

There was a champions league game last week or the week before (cant remember the teams involved) where the front man was about to run on goal, but he was deemed to be offside! And how was he offside, his foot was!! But not just his foot, the VAR showed it was his toes(or toe area of boot. It must of been about 1cm of boot showing) that was offside!!! That was just flucking stupid and a ridiculous decision by VAR!!!!

• Sad 1

15 minutes ago, Sherlock said:

There was a champions league game last week or the week before (cant remember the teams involved) where the front man was about to run on goal, but he was deemed to be offside! And how was he offside, his foot was!! But not just his foot, the VAR showed it was his toes(or toe area of boot. It must of been about 1cm of boot showing) that was offside!!! That was just flucking stupid and a ridiculous decision by VAR!!!!

How much should you be allowed to be offside by ? What's the tolerance... 2cm , 5cm , 10cm , 30cm ... ? 

I don't have an issue with someone being offside by a cm , but it's where they actually draw the line , I think if a player is standing or running it should be where his feet are , rather than torso or arm ..but they would need to change the rules , I think it's currently any part of the body you can score a goal with ... 

Edited by Stillearly

42 minutes ago, Stillearly said:

How much should you be allowed to be offside by ? What's the tolerance... 2cm , 5cm , 10cm , 30cm ... ? 

I don't have an issue with someone being offside by a cm , but it's where they actually draw the line , I think if a player is standing or running it should be where his feet are , rather than torso or arm ..but they would need to change the rules , I think it's currently any part of the body you can score a goal with ..

I read that somewhere too so my question is how was Bamford offside when his arm was deemed to be offside ? It's gone mad now with this VAR shit, goal line technology fine but the rest of it is total bollocks.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

5 minutes ago, mrcharliemofo said:

I read that somewhere too so my question is how was Bamford offside when his arm was deemed to be offside ? It's gone mad now with this VAR shit, goal line technology fine but the rest of it is total bollocks.

It's not his arm , it's his shoulder , which technically you can score with ...

but I agree with Andyajn 

45 minutes ago, Stillearly said:

It's not his arm , it's his shoulder , which technically you can score with ...

but I agree with Andyajn 

Looking at the photo Galenkia posted his shoulder is onside and it's his arm that's offside ? Still a total load of bollocks to me so I'll stick with the Championship where VAR is a distant thing that hopefully will never be brought in.

13 hours ago, Pumpuynarak said:

It’s only one generation mate,that will not even realize that they never had VAR.

Fact of the game now,and it’s best to be accurate.

Too many games decided by referees in the past.

1 hour ago, Skalliwag said:

It’s only one generation mate,that will not even realize that they never had VAR.

It's still a long way from being any good,in that the guy who is VAR is one of the muppets usually running around with a whistle.

Bad decisions by VAR sent my team down last season.

• Thumbs Up 1

Just now, Skalliwag said:

I don't have any problem with ensuring the ref's decisions need to be accurate, its the interpretation of what is a rule breaker or not. An arm, a leg, a hand...........f****** nonsense imo.

9 hours ago, coxyhog said:

It's still a long way from being any good,in that the guy who is VAR is one of the muppets usually running around with a whistle.

2 hours ago, Pumpuynarak said:

I don't have any problem with ensuring the ref's decisions need to be accurate, its the interpretation of what is a rule breaker or not. An arm, a leg, a hand...........f****** nonsense imo.

They have some bugs to figure out,but in the long run,will be nice to actually have a true ruling.This instance was ridiculous,but others ,like f**k heads dropping to the ground like theyve been shot,in the penalty box will be good to get rid of.

Also,hand balls and offsides that they do get wrong.

as for Coxys team going down over a decision or two....they had plenty of games to make that up.

Im a Newcastle fan.I realize how tough it is.

5 hours ago, Skalliwag said:

They have some bugs to figure out,but in the long run,will be nice to actually have a true ruling.This instance was ridiculous,but others ,like f**k heads dropping to the ground like theyve been shot,in the penalty box will be good to get rid of.

Also,hand balls and offsides that they do get wrong.

as for Coxys team going down over a decision or two....they had plenty of games to make that up.

Im a Newcastle fan.I realize how tough it is.

'Twas more than just one or two....but in the end we were crap.

• Like 1

On 11/9/2020 at 5:40 PM, coxyhog said:

its actually a fucking joke . Non defensible . 

• Thumbs Up 2

I've said before , they need to use it properly, take a note from Rugby Union .... let us hear what the refs and the VAR team are saying , total transparency in their decision making ... make the refs look at the footage as well ... show it on the big screens in the ground , so when the fans are back it will show then what's going on ... this lockdown is the perfect time to do it ... let the refs get used to it before the crowds come back 

Some good news 

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11661/12131490/premier-league-discontinues-pay-per-view-model

The Premier League has announced that all fixtures until at least the New Year period will be made available to fans to watch live in the UK.

The announcement signals that the Premier League has decided to discontinue its initiative to make games available through a pay-per-view model.

In a statement, the league confirmed: 'Working with our broadcast partners, and with the support of clubs, all matches will be shown via existing Sky Sports, BT Sport, Amazon and BBC services. Details of the first additional selections covering the period until the end of November are announced today. December and January selections will follow in due course alongside our usual UK live matches.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...