Jump to content
dcfc2007

Digital Detox

Recommended Posts

So tomorrow I'm going to try a digital detox. No mobile phone, computer or TV from when I wake up until I go to bed. Been reading a lot about the benefits of a digital detox. Have you ever tried anything similar?

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, dcfc2007 said:

So tomorrow I'm going to try a digital detox. No mobile phone, computer or TV from when I wake up until I go to bed. Been reading a lot about the benefits of a digital detox. Have you ever tried anything similar?

Whats the benefits then..?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Lanzalad said:

Whats the benefits then..?

Probably a new idea from the same lot that introduced the “safe place” ............

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Chokdeekap said:

Probably a new idea from the same lot that introduced the “safe place” ............

You know, sometime its good not to take in everything you read..

Now if i decided to do the same as @dcfc2007 I would come home with empty pockets.

So for that reason alone i'll not be trying it out as I know, i'll end put without a job and the benefits will not pay the bills.. 

 

  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Lanzalad said:

You know, sometime its good not to take in everything you read..

Now if i decided to do the same as @dcfc2007 I would come home with empty pockets.

So for that reason alone i'll not be trying it out as I know, i'll end put without a job and the benefits will not pay the bills.. 

 

Social media is full of absolute nonsense mate. It's easy to get consumed in the nonsense. Not to mention not being subjected to depressing news, media lies, boring messages from friends etc. Having a natter, taking the dog a walk, enjoying a good book is the plan for tommo.

 

  • Thumbs Up 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

http://www.healthfitnessrevolution.com/top-10-health-benefits-digital-detox/

Some more of the benefits from taking some timeout from the excesses of the digital era. It's proven to improve sleep and make people happier. Interestingly many of the big digital entrepreneurs and inventors including bill gates, mark zuckerberg and others severely limit their and their kids access to gadgets, says a lot.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sounds like a good plan, I wish all the zombies walking around looking at their phones instead of where they are going would do likewise.

  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dunno, to me the internet is how I keep in touch with my business, so this is kinda like "hey, why not cut the cord to your phone not knowing whether you'll miss the 1 in a million order you've been hoping for?!"

20 years ago I didn't bother standing by my mailbox all day lest someone send me a picture of their dinner or their kitty cat.  I still don't do that now that my mailbox is my phone.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

great idea, i will buy a weeks package..  a break would be good.  remember going away here and having no signal.. worked for me, now there is signal everywhere

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, tommy dee said:

great idea, i will buy a weeks package..  a break would be good.  remember going away here and having no signal.. worked for me, now there is signal everywhere

 

How about shutting down Fabulous 103 for a day to help the cause.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When I lived in the Middle East I used to dive in Oman at least twice a year for a week each time,  I would stay at the Oman dive center obviously on the coast but surrounded by huge sandstone mountains, it’s basically isolated, in a beautiful traditional style Oman bungalow, they had no TVs no WiFi , and a dodgy signal for the mobile , so I just used to turn the phone off , to be honest it was bliss . A week of diving and no bloody emails, no calls from work , I would arrive back at work totally refreshed.......

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

With having most of our family in either Thailand or Australia, we tend to use FaceTime or WhatsApp daily to go the face to face video thing so not sure we could do more than1 day detox. 

Facebook I can do without, but keeping up with e-mails is something I tend to do daily. 

The wife is on her FaceTime several times a day, chatting to family. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The digital age has enhanced my life. 

I can do what I used to do before, and use the internet. 

Scanning those logged in below for any signs of @dcfc2007. Though he could be undercover and sign in anonymous. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Krapow said:

Scanning those logged in below for any signs of @dcfc2007. Though he could be undercover and sign in anonymous. 

I'd like an up to the minute report on how it's going....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, thegrogmonster said:

How about shutting down Fabulous 103 for a day to help the cause.

the lightening did that for me.  fridays strike is still not fixed and costing me big, so you have your wish :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Chokdeekap said:

When I lived in the Middle East I used to dive in Oman at least twice a year for a week each time,  I would stay at the Oman dive center obviously on the coast but surrounded by huge sandstone mountains, it’s basically isolated, in a beautiful traditional style Oman bungalow, they had no TVs no WiFi , and a dodgy signal for the mobile , so I just used to turn the phone off , to be honest it was bliss . A week of diving and no bloody emails, no calls from work , I would arrive back at work totally refreshed.......

Khor Fakkan just up the coast from there in the U.A.E used to be just like that 17 years ago. Beautiful.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Sherlock said:

Khor Fakkan just up the coast from there in the U.A.E used to be just like that 17 years ago. Beautiful.

I used to go diving up  near Dibba ...I lived in Dubai for 10 years . 

Edited by Chokdeekap

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Sherlock said:

Khor Fakkan just up the coast from there in the U.A.E used to be just like that 17 years ago. Beautiful.

double post 

Edited by Chokdeekap

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"from when I wake up until I go to bed" ... which is what, 4 to 8 hours?

seriously, if ur pegged by such questions, go see a shrink

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well it wasn't a full 24 hrs but it was pretty much a day. I think you would need to give it a longer period of time to see the benefits.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, cheesekees said:

"from when I wake up until I go to bed" ... which is what, 4 to 8 hours?

seriously, if ur pegged by such questions, go see a shrink

Your awake for four hours everyday. You must some a tonne of weed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×
×
  • Create New...