drifter

Taxi from Pattaya to Don Mueang

I’m looking for a taxi from Pattaya to Don Mueang. My girl wanted to catch the bus, but between the baht bus, to the bus to BKK, to the shuttle to Don Mueang, that’s just too many things that could go wrong. And this is a quick 3 day trip, so from the time she gets off work tonight until we catch the flight at 10:30pm, there’s not a lot of extra time. I’ve been using Cherry taxi, usually to go from Pattaya to UTP and back. But the last trip I had a guy who spent the entire trip playing with his phone, always picking it up between calls and Line. So, I’m not using them again.

I just checked Grab, and they want 2,090 baht. The others I checked wanted around 1400 baht. I tried Nam’s Taxi, but the website won’t open. I did look at Mr. Dream’s Facebook page.

And Terminal 2 is flights within Thailand, right?

Any recommendations? 

Edited by drifter

36 minutes ago, drifter said:

I’m looking for a taxi from Pattaya to Don Mueang. My girl wanted to catch the bus, but between the baht bus, to the bus to BKK, to the shuttle to Don Mueang, that’s just too many things that could go wrong. And this is a quick 3 day trip, so from the time she gets off work tonight until we catch the flight at 10:30pm, there’s not a lot of extra time. I’ve been using Cherry taxi, usually to go from Pattaya to UTP and back. But the last trip I had a guy who spent the entire trip playing with his phone, always picking it up between calls and Line. So, I’m not using them again.

I just checked Grab, and they want 2,090 baht. The others I checked wanted around 1400 baht. I tried Nam’s Taxi, but the website won’t open. I did look at Mr. Dream’s Facebook page.

Any recommendations? 

You find a page called recommend your taxi service, there several members have left contact details, including myself, I cant give you it offhand as I am not on my thai phone at the moment

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, drifter said:

Any recommendations? 

There you go .

Seeing this a bit late, but I can whole-heartedly recommend Mr Dream.  I have used him at least 100 times over the past 10 years and never once has he disappointed me.

Evil

• Like 1

Follow up.

We wound up using Cherry Taxi again. But never again. At one point he almost crashed into the car in front of him. Then he got off the tollway in Bangkok, and we came to a complete stop for a half hour. He did this to save 70 baht. After complaining and messaging the person in charge, he finally got back on the tollway. And we made the flight.

One thing it’s taught me. They always ask what time your flight is. Lie to them. I like to give myself an extra hour. So if the flight’s at 5, tell them 4. 

• Great Info 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 10/25/2018 at 4:23 AM, drifter said:

Any recommendations? 

I'd recommend the safest one, with a driver that can drive regardless of price. It's a lottery really. We always used a Bahtbus driver who went to Makro for us. He did airport runs in His new landcruiser and He is a very good driver. Charged about 1200 Baht, well worth it. Don't have His number to hand my Wife's at work She might still have it.

Just now, bigstuy75 said:

have always and will always use mr dream

I trusted him enough to select him as the guy to drive me back to Pattaya from Bangkok after my hip surgery.

Just now, Rompho Ray said:

I trusted him enough to select him as the guy to drive me back to Pattaya from Bangkok after my hip surgery.

he brought me to surin last year for 5000

30 minutes ago, bigstuy75 said:

he brought me to surin last year for 5000

We've used him for all sorts of stuff.  Even taken him on multi-day trips where we paid him a daily wage plus accommodation.  Great guy, a pleasure to be around.

Last trip on my return from Cambo hired a taxi for the ride back to Patts from Don Juan. Seemed to take hours, awful.

6 minutes ago, Glasseye said:

Last trip on my return from Cambo hired a taxi for the ride back to Patts from Don Juan. Seemed to take hours, awful.

Yeah 2,5 hours or more if traffic is bad. 

55 minutes ago, Glasseye said:

Yes at the wrong time of day it can be quite some time. Probably worse if you have booked a Pattaya based driver who  doesn't drive through Bangkok often enough.

Last time I made the trip from DMK to Pattaya I used Google maps to see how long it was going to take. There was a route going north of the airport to begin with that was an hour and a quarter faster. Got the wife to ask the driver which way he would go and of course he wants to go the usual way which on a Friday afternoon is clogged with traffic. I get her to show him the map and say I don't mind which way you go but if you don't make the shorter time there's no tip. He asks if Ihe can borrow my phone for the first bit of the route and we are all happy.

• Thumbs Up 1