Using Airbnb in Thailand

Lanzalad

On ‎9‎/‎4‎/‎2018 at 7:02 AM, Lanzalad said:

I've seen a lot of posts over the last six months with members using Airbnb to book rooms and in Thailand.

I was wondering if anyone has used it ?

I've not checked it out yet but will take a look when i have more time.

Use it in Thailand and elsewhere, never had a problem.

If you're sensible and follow the 'rules' you should be fine, you're covered, so to speak. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, Lanzalad said:

Yes thinking using it this time round

You can get some great places. It's good with a little one, get somewhere with a kitchen, to cook or prepare when you need to, washing machine will be none stop as well. 

I'm using it for a place in Tenerife next month, full cottage type place, everything we'd need.

I used it when we went to Hau Him and got a great place the Cha am side of the airport, right next to the Dusit.

Absolute bargain compared to a hotel for the 4 of us BUT really needed the car so I guess if you had to hire one then the savings could be cancelled out.

In Thailand accomodation is that cheap anyway. 

But you really can save elsewhere, I've used it from Brighton to Glasgow, to Tenerife. 

Always good. 

It charges by the property, other similar set ups can charge by how many people, so with a child it costs more than just 2 people, which is a bit cheeky. With airbnb not so, much better. 

Just now, tommy dee said:

my plan to use them next year for the UK too.  tied of camping with others all the time :)  hotels are dear.  but illegal here in the LOS at the moment

So's prostitution.

And like prostitutions, it's no bother using Airbnb in Thailand.

1 minute ago, Krapow said:

So's prostitution.

And like prostitutions, it's no bother using Airbnb in Thailand.

it is a prob tho.  nowadays from the day you enter you need to be TM30 ( immigration registration) wherever you stay.  renting a house out on a dialy basis, or condo, is deemed as a hotel operation and subject to fines.  the powers thsat be monitor air BnB and actually contact some, random, renters.. then they are able to catch them.  for the tenant its not an issue.  we rent here and were putting on air bnb when this all kicked off, it looked great but pulled out straight away.  if reotx and the like cant rent rooms in the city, its too risky for us little people

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, tommy dee said:

it is a prob tho.  nowadays from the day you enter you need to be TM30 ( immigration registration) wherever you stay.  renting a house out on a dialy basis, or condo, is deemed as a hotel operation and subject to fines.  the powers thsat be monitor air BnB and actually contact some, random, renters.. then they are able to catch them.  for the tenant its not an issue.  we rent here and were putting on air bnb when this all kicked off, it looked great but pulled out straight away.  if reotx and the like cant rent rooms in the city, its too risky for us little people

Understand, though as a renter, no problem for us so far, last trip or next as it stands. 

• Thumbs Up 1

On 9/6/2018 at 6:42 PM, Thinkingallowed said:

Thinking of using them when I go to Bangkok later this month.

Had a quick look last night but couldn't find a way of getting a map view of available properties. Individual properties on a  map yes but not what I wanted. I shall have another look later. 

I used them at weekend for a condo in Pattaya. Had to fill in a TM30 at the security gate with the agent before getting in. Big signs all over the condo saying 1 day renting and Airbnb were illegal. 

1 minute ago, Scotty said:

I used them at weekend for a condo in Pattaya. Had to fill in a TM30 at the security gate with the agent before getting in. Big signs all over the condo saying 1 day renting and Airbnb were illegal. 

Where?

Had to do the same at The Base. 

Aye, signs up everywhere, this was January. Not as many signs as people coming and going using Airbnb though xD

Just now, Krapow said:

Where?

Had to do the same at The Base. 

Aye, signs up everywhere, this was January. Not as many signs as people coming and going using Airbnb though xD

The Base also, must have been about 30 people outside doing the same thing 😂

Just now, Scotty said:

The Base also, must have been about 30 people outside doing the same thing 😂

Aye, thought it would have been. 

Rammed with people using Airbnb alright, loads of Chinese. 

Rooms are 'compact', shall we say. 

Using Airbnb for VT6 this coming January. 

Just now, Krapow said:

Aye, thought it would have been. 

Rammed with people using Airbnb alright, loads of Chinese. 

Rooms are 'compact', shall we say. 

Using Airbnb for VT6 this coming January. 

I preferred Base over VT6, just thought it was a horrible building inside, rooms were a bit bigger in VT6 though but we only really sleep there when just up for 1 night. 

1 minute ago, Scotty said:

I preferred Base over VT6, just thought it was a horrible building inside, rooms were a bit bigger in VT6 though but we only really sleep there when just up for 1 night. 

We wanted bigger, so the child could run about more. Though he our first time staying there.

We also booked Page 10, though that was direct with the hotel, for first couple of nights when we first arrive. Prefer hotel for that, after long flight etc. 

Should be banned and owners arrested for doing short term rentals.

Last thing a condo owner or long term renter wants is a lot of people coming and going, breaking rules at the swimming pool and and taking up gym space by taking photos and not even exercising.

Higher end places don't allow it. Stick to your hotels and backpacker shared rooms.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Is it why first time out of 100 flights into Thai on the plane they said "If you do not fill your address in Thailand, you may be denied entry". Never heard that before.

I filled in what I remembered about my own condo, like area and unit number, did not know post code. Officer insisted that I state building name.

Never before asked, coming same place 3 times a year since 2008.

3 hours ago, Colonel Kurtz said:

Is it why first time out of 100 flights into Thai on the plane they said "If you do not fill your address in Thailand, you may be denied entry". Never heard that before.

I filled in what I remembered about my own condo, like area and unit number, did not know post code. Officer insisted that I state building name.

Never before asked, coming same place 3 times a year since 2008.

Just put down the Bangkok Hilton it alway works.