Using Airbnb in Thailand

Lanzalad

On 9/11/2018 at 8:43 AM, Scotty said:

I used them at weekend for a condo in Pattaya. Had to fill in a TM30 at the security gate with the agent before getting in. Big signs all over the condo saying 1 day renting and Airbnb were illegal. 

What is a TN30?

I DID ask Google.

• 1 year later...

I used Air BnB to book a condo at Unixx South Pattaya. 

I have to say it was a real mixed bag.

When I was heading down to Pattaya from Bangkok I messaged the Thai-Chinese owner of the condo to let her know I was en route and how I could go about checking in. She responded in a cryptic message telling me to tell the security staff that I was moving in for one year, then said that any 'joiners' in the condo would be charged at 300b per night. Of course this was never charged and I don't know how she thought she would ever be able to do so, trying it on me thinks.

When I got to Unixx they refused to let me in to the complex and demanded that the condo owner come in person to Unixx. Over an hour of back and forth between myself, security and the condo owner I was allowed into the building.

As for the condo itself it was absolutely perfect. It was fairly compact but very modern, it had a separate living room & kitchen area with a smart TV that had cable. The building has a 'sky garden' with amazing views over the bay and a small swimming pool and gym area. The location is fine and the local motorbike taxi geezers charged 60b to soi lk metro.

When I say the condo was perfect I mean for a holiday rental. I wouldn't want to live there as it is essentially a hotel. Dozens if not hundreds of people coming and going everyday and blocking up elevators and doorways with luggage, seems very popular with Thais coming for the weekend. Plenty of brasses living there as well, not hard to spot them round the pool with their tramp stamps and dyed blonde barnets.

Overall a good holiday rental but the owner could have been more helpful.