How do you activate your account.. ?

Before you can login, you must active your account by clicking on the link sent to your email address.

If you did not receive this email, please check your junk/spam folder. If you entered an incorrect email address, you will need to re-register with the correct email address.

If you are waiting to activate your account you can resent the activation e-mail or change your e-mail address.

Sign in to follow this  
Sherlock

Yasukuni shrine to the Japanese war dead........... Tokyo

Yasukuni Shrine, Tokyo.

One of the most controversial shrines in Japan, as well as the world, this shrine recognises the Japanese war dead, from the hero's of their wars, to the most hated war criminals the world have ever known in war time circumstances.

Free to enter this shrine, but the security are not very keen on you getting to close to the alter, and they really do not like you taking photos either!! I suppose i can see their point of view, especially with regards as to the war criminals part and that they don't want this shrine to become too much of a place of "worship" to the criminals!!!

IMG_3911_zpsmwfhapjl.jpg[/size]

IMG_3913_zps5odmjkcj.jpg

IMG_3918_zpsfufbjbw8.jpg

IMG_3920_zps2jqoyn77.jpg

IMG_3921_zpshuaqmfuy.jpg

IMG_3922_zpsdg1kuggs.jpg

IMG_3926_zpsmakimcde.jpg

IMG_3927_zpse9i674ao.jpg

IMG_3928_zpsjpwngshn.jpg

IMG_3930_zpswfest6qq.jpg

IMG_3931_zpsuujwk2c0.jpg

IMG_3934_zpsshbjol2c.jpg

IMG_3935_zpss5yvnhgd.jpg

IMG_3941_zpsnmgzsjb9.jpg

IMG_3945_zpsvuacul66.jpg

IMG_3947_zpszm10xyf1.jpg[/size]

IMG_3948_zpsjv97skyq.jpg

IMG_3950_zpsv0h2cikp.jpg

IMG_3955_zpsv1x46uhc.jpg

IMG_3957_zpsorgu5pj8.jpg

Alot of the local Tokyo Hi-So bridage are here to pay their respects to the Japanese war dead.....................................

IMG_3962_zpsrvj3tq7j.jpg

IMG_3965_zpsxeibffyl.jpg

IMG_3971_zpsz0k8n747.jpg

IMG_3976_zpslujtxhui.jpg

IMG_3977_zpse67xphdj.jpg

There is a fantastic little garden around the back of the Shrine, well worth the walk around to find it.....................................

IMG_3978_zpsvcf5tuej.jpg

IMG_3979_zpsshboiyey.jpg

IMG_3984_zpseaagbcmb.jpg

IMG_3986_zps8p6t7iqt.jpg

IMG_3988_zpsxfeke5nw.jpg

Old Japanese women in Komodo's everywhere today in the park area. I suspect something quite important was happening today, but i have no idea what it was..............................

IMG_3989_zpssclglvt4.jpg

IMG_3990_zps2mx1q0xi.jpg

IMG_3992_zps87hn6u57.jpg

IMG_4000_zpsxckx1kdl.jpg

IMG_4043_zps0bvd2vc2.jpg

IMG_4044_zpss96xktmy.jpg

i can understand them remembering normal japs that were calle dup or in the forces.. but frickin war criminals and scum..  says a lot about their culture sorry

16 minutes ago, tommy dee said:

i can understand them remembering normal japs that were calle dup or in the forces.. but frickin war criminals and scum..  says a lot about their culture sorry

I think once they are dead, they cant tell the difference between the souls of war criminals or ordinary war dead! A dead soldier is a dead soldier to them!

27 minutes ago, Sherlock said:

I think once they are dead, they cant tell the difference between the souls of war criminals or ordinary war dead! A dead soldier is a dead soldier to them!

which is an amzing thought process and totally flawed of course.  I can understand, for example, the germans mounring their losses, including 14 yr old kids taken from villages to fight without guns in the last days, but not moruning, for example, himmler  or an SS camp guard.  still .. they are a different culture

4 hours ago, tommy dee said:

Well, at the risk of sounding like a liberal, it does depend on your point of view to some extent.  Whether and how to remember notable Civil War soldiers from the Confederacy is quite controversial here in the US at the moment for example.  I'm also sure that the view of heroes of the American Revolution varies depending on whether one speaks English or its modern American counterpart.  kissing.gif

Sign in to follow this