How do you activate your account.. ?

Before you can login, you must active your account by clicking on the link sent to your email address.

If you did not receive this email, please check your junk/spam folder. If you entered an incorrect email address, you will need to re-register with the correct email address.

If you are waiting to activate your account you can resent the activation e-mail or change your e-mail address.

Sign in to follow this  
Chokdeekap

Vientiane, Laos ..visa run

Lunch at the sinouk cafe, 250 baht 

sweet and sour pork just like I used to get at the Shanghai expresses chinky back home and a mango smoothie..

2DD4B9AF-EE0C-41D8-8112-FF26DDF0331E.thumb.jpeg.ca973dcd0924bc87a49d79c2570b2d1e.jpeg

When I renewed my visa last year in Vientiane the morning drop application session was quick and easy....only had to wait  in a queue for 30 minutes or so.

The following afternoon was the fun one, waiting for your number to appear on the screen to collect your passport and new visa from the little window. I arrived at 2pm (I think) and just waited as the numbers ticked up... after about 90 minutes my number was called, I got to the window, a harassed looking chappy showed me my passport picture to confirm it was me, I was given a pen to sign for receipt, but before I could sign fully I was pushed out of the way by another official, the pen removed from my hand and the next number called. I was at the window for less than 10 seconds.

Organised chaos.

Edited by Painter

Outstanding pics Chok Dee, no smoking park?  Great idea. 

Have never been there....thanks for posting and good to see. 

Vientiane is one place I have never been although I have been in Laos twice but just across the river from Bueng Kan at Pak San.

From reading the trip reports over the years it seems a couple of days in Vientiane is worth it especially as they have Beer Lao dark......

The one time I went to Lao for a visa run we decided to take the car and stay for a few days in Vientiane. From memory was about a 7 hour drive from Pattaya. The Mrs made sure we had all the documents and photocopied everything just before we left and put everything in a padded A4 envelope.

We set off at midnight qnd arrived just after 7am in the morning and decided to go for a coffee/breakfast before crossing the bridge to the border.

I took a few minutes to check the documents and discovered the stupid cow had left my passport on the photocopier!  

• Haha 1

Sign in to follow this