Random Pictures. (Just add one photograph that you personally have taken).

john luke

On 6/22/2020 at 1:06 PM, lazarus said:

Surf Fishin' the West...

different day, low tide...

20200622-IMG_0762.jpg

20200622-IMG_0763.jpg

Here in Hawaii, they take an empty plastic milk carton and find a place where the wind is blowing out to sea and then tie it the the leader and let the wind blow it out to sea and wait for  the big one to hit the bait...

• Like 2

Bought my Son this Guitar on line yesterday for his upcoming 30th b-day. Will take it up to him next month. Will get here Monday and take it to a "luthier" where he will make some adjustments to the bridge, lower the strings a bit and add locking tuners that I bought. 

It is a Paul Reed Smith Custom 24 that will be his first of this manufacture. Carlos Santana uses these exclusively.

@Nightcrawler Help me out here, if I remember correctly from a past thread, you had recommended me to look at this model. Good decision, have been doing alot of research and this Guitar gets great reviews and many You Tube videos and analysis convinced me this was a great buy. He also just bought a 2016 Gibson Les Paul Cherry Sunburst to add to his collection. 

PRS Custom 24.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thumbs Up 3

23 minutes ago, Yessongs said:

Bought my Son this Guitar on line yesterday for his upcoming 30th b-day. Will take it up to him next month. Will get here Monday and take it to a "luthier" where he will make some adjustments to the bridge, lower the strings a bit and add locking tuners that I bought. 

It is a Paul Reed Smith Custom 24 that will be his first of this manufacture. Carlos Santana uses these exclusively.

@Nightcrawler Help me out here, if I remember correctly from a past thread, you had recommended me to look at this model. Good decision, have been doing alot of research and this Guitar gets great reviews and many You Tube videos and analysis convinced me this was a great buy. He also just bought a 2016 Gibson Les Paul Cherry Sunburst to add to his collection. 

PRS Custom 24.jpg

Yep. Great value and nice finish. I have an SE24 custom too.. Same pick up config. Split coil which makes it very versatile in sound. Locking tuners a good idea although the standard pegs are pretty good. He won't need any other guitars. Hope he enjoys

IMG_20200701_162838.jpg

• Like 3

2 hours ago, boydeste said:

I have a pair of pigeons/doves nesting above me. The female looks to be on eggs while the male is back and forth with twigs and food.

IMG_20200701_35688.jpg

Got two (a mated pair) that hang around the garden and saw their little one for the first time yesterday. They’ve been in our garden for years apparently, but lately there’s been another male trying to bang the female. Lots of flapping of wings and flying feathers, but she’s having none of it. 
Good girl. 🤗

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Yessongs said:

PRS Custom 24.jpg

Nice guitar. If you don't mind me asking, how much did you pay, i'm looking for something like it for my son.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, andyajn said:

Nice guitar. If you don't mind me asking, how much did you pay, i'm looking for something like it for my son.

I paid around £700 for mine, but if you shop Around the second hand market, now is the time to buy.  Not so good for the seller. 

I have had 2 amps, 2 keyboards and a guitar on the market for over a month.  I guess with all the uncertainty of Covid 19,  people may not be spending so much on non essentials, who knows. 

I can wait, but I have seen a lot of gear prices being reduced.

You can get the SE 24 standard though new  for around £400 or maybe less in many UK music shops. They are pretty good. Tried a couple out last January just before the virus let loose.

The great thing about these guitars is that they are slit coil, so at the pull of the tone knob you can get nice Fender strat/Tele sounds or use both humbuckers together for meaty solos and overdrive through an amp.

5 hours ago, KhunDon said:

4 rods and 2 nets! I bet you don't have many tales of the one that got away, do you.🐠 😜

Older and wiser, work smarter not harder.

I have had 2 big carp in the same net many times and it's not for the faint hearted, trying to keep the first one in whilst you net the second. As for 4 rods, the lake has had a family of otters on it for 3 years and I am trying to establish whether they have left any fish alive or not. Sadly it looks like they have killed most of the original stock.

• Thumbs Up 1