Random Pictures. (Just add one photograph that you personally have taken).

john luke

6 hours ago, Jambo said:

Has bus spotting taken over from trains? 🤣

When I was living with and nursing my mum, I took a walk through her town centre one day and they had some sort of old bus rally on. So I took a few pics as you do. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

17 hours ago, boydeste said:

When I was living with and nursing my mum, I took a walk through her town centre one day and they had some sort of old bus rally on. So I took a few pics as you do. 

There I was visualising you at the Bus Station in your parka, notebook in hand, jotting down the bus numbers.

Go on you can tell me.

Does the 134 still go to Muswell Hill?

Nampla would know that. 🤣

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, Jambo said:

There I was visualising you at the Bus Station in your parka, notebook in hand, jotting down the bus numbers.

Go on you can tell me.

Does the 134 still go to Muswell Hill?

Nampla would know that. 🤣

Nah, I was in the Witherspoons 5 mins after that drinking Abbott ale for £2.24 a pint. :default_fun:

2 hours ago, boydeste said:

Nah, I was in the Witherspoons 5 mins after that drinking Abbott ale for £2.24 a pint. :default_fun:

The first time I had Abbott ale I had 4 pints one lunchtime on an empty stomach and realised I was in no state to drive the 2 miles home  from a wee pub in East Barnet to my house in whetstone. So I decided to sleep it off in the car which was dangerous in itself.

It was winter and when I woke up it was dark and I was half dead from hypothermia.

I learned to have a very healthy respect from then on to Abbott ale. 😀

I got to the final of a big darts tournement at East Barnet Old Grammarians FC drinking Abbott ale all night. They sold Abbott ale in watering cans. The treble twenty was HUGE and I just had to get the timing right when I swayed. Unfortunately, rubber legs by the final.

Edited by Jambo
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Jambo said:

The first time I had Abbott ale I had 4 pints one lunchtime on an empty stomach and realised I was in no state to drive the 2 miles home  from a wee pub in East Barnet to my house in whetstone. So I decided to sleep it off in the car which was dangerous in itself.

It was winter and when I woke up it was dark and I was half dead from hypothermia.

I learned to have a very healthy respect from then on to Abbott ale. 😀

I got to the final of a big darts tournement at East Barnet Old Grammarians FC drinking Abbott ale all night. They sold Abbott ale in watering cans. The treble twenty was HUGE and I just had to get the timing right when I swayed. Unfortunately, rubber legs by the final.

It's one of my favourites,  after 5 or 6 I sleep like a baby. 

On 7/7/2020 at 11:51 AM, Jambo said:

Thai Ghost House for the 21st century. Comes with built in wi fi.

ghost.jpg

And one for the traditional "Ghost Hunters." 🤣

Ghost House.jpg

21 hours ago, Golfingboy said:

Thought this was very well done, on a wall in the Plateau neighbourhood of Montreal

DDB4B567-4CD2-4D53-A9B4-4C0CDD9616AC.jpeg

I remember when the issue of National Geographic came out with her on the cover. The photographer did a great job of catching the haunted look in her eyes. She had a very rough life early life, but seems to be doing ok now. Famed 'Afghan Girl' Finally Gets a Home
Afghan girl' of National Geographic fame arrested | The Times of ...

• Like 1
  • Great Info 1

33 minutes ago, forcebwithu said:

I remember when the issue of National Geographic came out with her on the cover. The photographer did a great job of catching the haunted look in her eyes. She had a very rough life early life, but seems to be doing ok now. Famed 'Afghan Girl' Finally Gets a Home
Afghan girl' of National Geographic fame arrested | The Times of ...

Just found out there is a huge one of Leonard Cohen, on the side of an apartment building, which I’d like to see in person this week before I leave. 

8E9408C8-816A-4D81-B24C-4FA4EAC63D13.jpeg

• Like 4

On 7/11/2020 at 8:34 PM, Golfingboy said:

Just found out there is a huge one of Leonard Cohen, on the side of an apartment building, which I’d like to see in person this week before I leave. 

8E9408C8-816A-4D81-B24C-4FA4EAC63D13.jpeg

This is a fantastic mural. Leonard Cohen is one of my all time heroes. 

• Thumbs Up 1

40 minutes ago, thumper63 said:

This is a fantastic mural. Leonard Cohen is one of my all time heroes. 

My nephew works downtown, he’s actually busier since Covid, and I drove him in this morning. I had to see this thing in person, but could only snap a quick shot to avoid getting a ticket. It’s very impressive,  took a few hours to paint for sure

F42C7980-8A2C-45A5-8744-4C44C769924E.jpeg

• Like 5