Random Pictures. (Just add one photograph that you personally have taken).

john luke

Went and picked up the Guitar that I bought for my Son yesterday, will give it to him for his b-day Sunday. 

Bought it online and got a great deal, took it over to a Guitar "Luthier"  here in San Jose, who did a few things, a complete set up, had him put locking tuners on it and lowered the bridge a bit as my Son likes the strings a bit closer to the frets. He said this Guitar is well built and made with great materials out of Korea. 

This guy is a genius, this is what he lives for,  been doing this since High School. 2003-2008 worked for Neal Schon from Journey and was his Guitar man. Showed me a bunch of pictures of the band and stuff. Went on tour with them for 5 years and all and had to give that up, as being on the road was not good for his marriage he said. Cool guy....

This is a Paul Reed Smith, Custom 24....Carlos Santana has a similiar signature Guitar with PRS. 

Can't wait to hear him play it as he bought another Gibson Les Paul recently and this should be a good addition too. 

IMG_1490-2.jpg

IMG_1493-2.jpg

IMG_1498-2.jpg

• Like 5

One of the benefits of the virus and associated lockdowns has been the extra time I have on my hands. One thing I've been doing is weeding through and consolidating boxes of " stuff " that's been accumulating over the last 30, 40 , 50 years. One thing that has surprised me is that I now have actual " collections " of stuff that I never knew that I had a collection of. As a kid I started buying these little thumb pump oil cans. Not sure actually how many it takes to officially constitute a collection, but here are some. And let it be known that no 2 are the same. No duplicates. 

20200717_142559.jpg

20200717_142609.jpg

20200717_142654.jpg

20200717_142706.jpg

20200717_142528.jpg

20200717_142510.jpg

Thought you guys might get a kick out of them.

• Like 3
  • Thumbs Up 2

On 7/16/2020 at 10:36 PM, Yessongs said:

Went and picked up the Guitar that I bought for my Son yesterday, will give it to him for his b-day Sunday. 

Bought it online and got a great deal, took it over to a Guitar "Luthier"  here in San Jose, who did a few things, a complete set up, had him put locking tuners on it and lowered the bridge a bit as my Son likes the strings a bit closer to the frets. He said this Guitar is well built and made with great materials out of Korea. 

This guy is a genius, this is what he lives for,  been doing this since High School. 2003-2008 worked for Neal Schon from Journey and was his Guitar man. Showed me a bunch of pictures of the band and stuff. Went on tour with them for 5 years and all and had to give that up, as being on the road was not good for his marriage he said. Cool guy....

This is a Paul Reed Smith, Custom 24....Carlos Santana has a similiar signature Guitar with PRS. 

Can't wait to hear him play it as he bought another Gibson Les Paul recently and this should be a good addition too. 

IMG_1490-2.jpg

IMG_1493-2.jpg

IMG_1498-2.jpg

Looks a real beauty Mike, hope it plays as well :default_party-smiley-048:

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, boydeste said:

Does this bird have feathers missing or is that a normal distribution?

Normal...
It was quite windy and the birds were using the updraft to glide with very few wing stokes.
That's one reason for the wing presentation in these shots. The "primary hands" (end feathers) are fully extended.
Additionally, a seasonal molt is underway. The summer winds are colder here.
Finally, the hawks are in constant territorial battles with the ravens & crows. They are "nipped" a lot as they fly around hunting.

This raven appears to be also extending its wings to catch the updraft.

20200717-IMG_1399.jpg

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, lazarus said:

Normal...
It was quite windy and the birds were using the updraft to glide with very few wing stokes.
That's one reason for the wing presentation in these shots. The "primary hands" (end feathers) are fully extended.
Additionally, a seasonal molt is underway. The summer winds are colder here.
Finally, the hawks are in constant territorial battles with the ravens & crows. They are "nipped" a lot as they fly around hunting.

This raven appears to be also extending its wings to catch the updraft.

20200717-IMG_1399.jpg

Thanks for that.

15 hours ago, Pumpuynarak said:

Looks a real beauty Mike, hope it plays as well :default_party-smiley-048:

Thanks Cliff, forgot to point out one thing, he told me when he was working for Neal Schon, he could be a real ass-hole at times. What a shocker huh? A rock star acting that way. Who would have thought? 

jonathan-cain-neal-schon-journey-live-2018-u-billboard-1548-1583362764-1024x677.jpg

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Yessongs said:

Thanks Cliff, forgot to point out one thing, he told me when he was working for Neal Schon, he could be a real ass-hole at times. What a shocker huh? A rock star acting that way. Who would have thought? 

jonathan-cain-neal-schon-journey-live-2018-u-billboard-1548-1583362764-1024x677.jpg

Probably not surprising when you consider that he was basically a child prodigy who dropped out of school as an adolescent with his parents' consent to play music, and toured the world with Santana when he was 16 years old; indeed, a lot of the guitar work on Santana III and Caravansarai that I always thought was Carlos' work was actually Schon instead - a brilliant player at such a young age. 

• Great Info 1

20 hours ago, maipenrai said:

Probably not surprising when you consider that he was basically a child prodigy who dropped out of school as an adolescent with his parents' consent to play music, and toured the world with Santana when he was 16 years old; indeed, a lot of the guitar work on Santana III and Caravansarai that I always thought was Carlos' work was actually Schon instead - a brilliant player at such a young age. 

Well said Gord, Rex also told me that there were times when he was very generous ( bonus money) for high grossing tours for himself and other people that worked for him, but he was moody alot too.  The guy is a great player though and my Son knows a few Journey tunes. Will be giving him his Guitar later this afternoon. 

• Thumbs Up 1

17 hours ago, Pumpuynarak said:

Good to have you posting again Phantom, hope your well.

Thanks pumpuy,im fine,just waiting to get back to thailand ...or anywhere in asia,whoever opens first,im not going to jump through all these ridiculous hoops and pay through the nose to be stuck in some hotel in bkk for 15 days,jeez some of the food looks like its from 7/11 ! ,1 guy currently giving updates from his hotel in bkk on fb page thai expats stuck in uk.Still have my place in hua hin,as its empty they reduced the rate 1500bht a month just a big storage apartment at moment lol.

Meanwhile im enjoying some of the scottish mountains,been up all the big ones in torridon, liathach twice ! ,beinn eighe 3 times,beinn allighn horns of alligin twice,glencoe,cairngorms ben macdui yesterday,heading to isle of sky next  and the black cullin ridge should be fun,furloughed so have ton o time just pity not in asia.but really enjoying these hikes and superb views!

Hope everything ok for ye and wifie,just pop in here now and then,glad its still going strong with many familiar names lol.cheers.

Edited by Phantom51red
  • Thumbs Up 2