Random Pictures. (Just add one photograph that you personally have taken).

john luke

It has been absolutely blistering hot here in San Jose the last week or so, tons of fires and the smell of smoke is in the air big time this morning. Makes for some nice sunset pics though. 130 degrees ( 59C)  in Death Valley Sunday, suntan weather. 

Had lunch over at Santana Row yesterday and rewarded wifey with a new pair of "Ray Ban" sunglasses. 

Some absolutely top notch Asian "Poontang" gals all over that place....geez some stunning Vietnamese girls having lunch at "Straits" cafe. 

Had never seen this Mercedes SUV before either.......nice. 

IMG_2226-2.jpg

IMG_2250-2.jpg

IMG_2252-2.jpg

• Like 7

Bad day yesterday here in the bay area, tons of fires going on here from "lightning strikes" this past week-end. I feel bad for alot of people who no longer have homes, it's brutal. Many evacuations. About 2:30pm yesterday wifey calls me out from the garage, noticed it kind of felt dark all of a sudden. Looked outside and I thought the world was ending!  Geez a thick plume of smoke just took over the entire area, sun was orange trying to break through. Like a bad movie, eventually got a little better later, but still alot of smoke all over. Over for a jog at 7:00pm at the High School. Not good for the lungs.

Much better this morning thankfully. 

IMG_2257-2.jpg

IMG_2259-2.jpg

IMG_2262-2.jpg

IMG_2267-2.jpg

IMG_2274-2.jpg

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Yessongs said:

Bad day yesterday here in the bay area, tons of fires going on here from "lightning strikes" this past week-end. I feel bad for alot of people who no longer have homes, it's brutal. Many evacuations. About 2:30pm yesterday wifey calls me out from the garage, noticed it kind of felt dark all of a sudden. Looked outside and I thought the world was ending!  Geez a thick plume of smoke just took over the entire area, sun was orange trying to break through. Like a bad movie, eventually got a little better later, but still alot of smoke all over. Over for a jog at 7:00pm at the High School. Not good for the lungs.

Much better this morning thankfully. 

IMG_2257-2.jpg

IMG_2259-2.jpg

IMG_2262-2.jpg

IMG_2267-2.jpg

IMG_2274-2.jpg

That looks nasty for sure, breathing that shite can't be good for ya methinks!

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, boydeste said:

I was in the boat in the previous picture when it capsized. The prop got jammed in the weed and I leaned over the back to free it. Unfortunately the weight of the motor, plus the battery and me was too much and water came flooding in. Within seconds I was underwater and the engine flipped over and hit me on the head, at the same time my life jacket inflated and rammed me up under the boat trapping me momentarily. I managed to swim and drag the boat as close to the bank as I could, then get myself out.

My head was bleeding quite badly and I was a bit shakey. My mate cleaned me up and we sat and had a cup of tea whilst working out a plan to retrieve the boat and hopefully the engine and battery. We had a decent length of rope in the car and some rope on a weed rake, together they were long enough to allow me to tie myself around the waist and swim back out to the boat. My mate then pulled me back in with the boat. Incredibly the engine was still hanging on by one clamp and the battery was trapped under the other clamp. With a bit of good fortune I released the battery and guided it into shallow water and trapped it under my foot preventing it from slipping down the shelf. My mate then went under the water and retrieved it. The engine came off easily and we were able to then drag the boat out to empty it and start over. The engine and battery were left in the sun for a few hours to dry out and everything worked fine after.

I was very lucky, I always wear a life jacket and in this instance I have no doubt it saved my life.

boat back.jpg

Rather you than me mate, and all in a days fishing lol

• Like 1

6 hours ago, boydeste said:

I was in the boat in the previous picture when it capsized. The prop got jammed in the weed and I leaned over the back to free it. Unfortunately the weight of the motor, plus the battery and me was too much and water came flooding in. Within seconds I was underwater and the engine flipped over and hit me on the head, at the same time my life jacket inflated and rammed me up under the boat trapping me momentarily. I managed to swim and drag the boat as close to the bank as I could, then get myself out.

My head was bleeding quite badly and I was a bit shakey. My mate cleaned me up and we sat and had a cup of tea whilst working out a plan to retrieve the boat and hopefully the engine and battery. We had a decent length of rope in the car and some rope on a weed rake, together they were long enough to allow me to tie myself around the waist and swim back out to the boat. My mate then pulled me back in with the boat. Incredibly the engine was still hanging on by one clamp and the battery was trapped under the other clamp. With a bit of good fortune I released the battery and guided it into shallow water and trapped it under my foot preventing it from slipping down the shelf. My mate then went under the water and retrieved it. The engine came off easily and we were able to then drag the boat out to empty it and start over. The engine and battery were left in the sun for a few hours to dry out and everything worked fine after.

I was very lucky, I always wear a life jacket and in this instance I have no doubt it saved my life.

boat back.jpg

You're very brave to adventure on the water in that plastic miniature bathtub !

No way for me, and I am only 60 kg ....

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

mossie.jpg

One of our dogs gets a bad reaction to mossie bites and there are a lot around currently. So Sai constructed this anti-mossie pavilion for "SeeNuan". 🤣

• Like 5