Random Pictures. (Just add one photograph that you personally have taken).

john luke

So over the years I have purchased old hammers. Don't know exactly why I started to collect them but I did. The first thing I look at is the handle and how well it has aged. The next is the metal head and I try to Invision the story it has to tell.  Where was it made, how old is it who owned it, how many hands has it passed through, what was it's intended use ( besides smacking something ) and finally why did it in up in some junk drawer in a second hand shop begging me to buy it.

These are all brass mallets. Most distinctive features of brass is that first it is soft and second is that it will not cause sparks.

20200830_105630.jpg

Except for the upper left... these are all tack / upholstery hammers. The left one is a rock masonry hammer.

20200830_105936.jpg

The ones that follow are of all sorts.

20200830_110050.jpg

20200830_110214.jpg

20200830_110338.jpg

20200830_110516.jpg

20200830_110633.jpg

• Like 4

3 hours ago, thumper63 said:

These are what we here in America call ball pen hammers

20200830_111734.jpg

20200830_111900.jpg

Collecting hammers .... Why not ?

But as an ex construction equipment mechanic (over 33 years) , you may understand that the last thing I want to decorate my wall with, now that I am retired, is a panel of hammers ! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Thai Spice said:

Collecting hammers .... Why not ?

But as an ex construction equipment mechanic (over 33 years) , you may understand that the last thing I want to decorate my wall with, now that I am retired, is a panel of hammers ! 

That's why you didn't collect them... I did.

And they aren't on my wall. They are in a couple of boxes. When I die my 2 nephews are going to go WTF! when they find half the shit I've collected over the years. I'll  post my thumb pump oil can collection later for your amusement. 

• Haha 4

4 hours ago, thumper63 said:

And they aren't on my wall. They are in a couple of boxes. When I die my 2 nephews are going to go WTF! when they find half the shit I've collected over the years. I'll  post my thumb pump oil can collection later for your amusement. 

I liked your hose nozzle collection.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

10 hours ago, thumper63 said:

An old family friend gave me her husband's tools after he passed away many years ago - he had hundreds of punches, files, etc. plus many obsolete tools that I can't even identify; I figure he'd lifted all of them from the government workshop where he was employed as a mechanic, probably one or two tools a day for years...

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 3

4 hours ago, maipenrai said:

An old family friend gave me her husband's tools after he passed away many years ago - he had hundreds of punches, files, etc. plus many obsolete tools that I can't even identify; I figure he'd lifted all of them from the government workshop where he was employed as a mechanic, probably one or two tools a day for years...

Have you still got them?  Post a few pictures..... I'm sure we could have a few good guesses identify them...!

• Like 1