Random Pictures. (Just add one photograph that you personally have taken).

john luke

On 11/22/2020 at 8:05 AM, Yessongs said:
Last night we went to "Luna" Mexican Food in a city called Campbell. 

Totally re-modeled, all LED lighting indoors, no indoor seating cause of Covid, but the outdoors is well done here I will say. Those heat lamps on the roof do the job keeping all warm. They are not hurting for business, got there at 5:00pm and had to wait 15 minutes. 

Steak Salad for Rachanee, Salmon Tacos for me, Corona and 2 Cadillac Margaritas and we are all feeling pretty good.

Off to Dolce Spazio in Los Gatos for a walk and Ice Cream after.

IMG_3370-2.jpg

IMG_3371-2.jpg

IMG_3373-2.jpg

IMG_3375-2.jpg

IMG_3380-2.jpg

IMG_3384-2.jpg

IMG_3388-2.jpg

IMG_3413-2.jpg

IMG_3419-2.jpg

Luna's could be where the old Outlook Bar was in 70's early 80's?

22 hours ago, CalEden said:

Luna's could be where the old Outlook Bar was in 70's early 80's?

Oh Ok Mr Eden, this new restaurant used to be "El Burro" Mexican Restaurant. Got here in 1969 with my parents from Los Angeles. First restaurant we ever went to here was " El Burro" 48 years it lasted, till the Chinese bought the lease to some of the establishments here a few years ago. They raised the lease from $20k to $60k per month.

El Burro told them to f**k off! People were pissed!  Big issue here, people really spoke up, but this is Calif as you know, and money talks. So looks like " Luna" is going to pay the $60k per month. Wow, that's alot of money every month.

So now let's turn back the clock on " The Outlook"  I spent more time at that bar then any other in the 70's and 80's. That place is( was)  around the corner, and upstairs. My buddy and I John, when we shared a condo in Campbell, went here alot. This is where I met Wifey#1. Getting dinner and "medicated" at El Burro then going over to the Outlook was a regular affair.  We had a blast back in the day and would not trade our stories in for anything. 

We were just talking about the " K-Mart" girls we met there one evening, took them back to the condo for a little "horizontal cardio". Ahhh.....good times when we were in our twenties LOL! Seems like yesterday. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Yessongs said:

<snip>

So now let's turn back the clock on " The Outlook"  I spent more time at that bar then any other in the 70's and 80's. That place is( was)  around the corner, and upstairs. My buddy and I John, when we shared a condo in Campbell, went here alot. This is where I met Wifey#1. Getting dinner and "medicated" at El Burro then going over to the Outlook was a regular affair.  We had a blast back in the day and would not trade our stories in for anything. 

We were just talking about the " K-Mart" girls we met there one evening, took them back to the condo for a little "horizontal cardio". Ahhh.....good times when we were in our twenties LOL! Seems like yesterday. 

Back in the late 70s I worked at a restaurant in Los Gatos called "The Second Floor" -- it was part of the Courtside Racket Club complex. Used to pull five shifts in three days...must've had a lot more energy back then (at 20). 😉 There was a night club there that was a popular "go to" spot for swingles.

Los Gatos was a deep pockets slum even back then. Used to stop in late night at a bar in Los Gatos that had a large stained glass tree as the backdrop to the liquor shelving...the tree would start to sway after a few post-work Crown Royals. Maybe you remember it?

. . .

Thanksgiving Turkey Vulture - Pt. Pinole Regional Park
-- great spot for a run or a bike ride if you're up that way:  https://www.ebparks.org/parks/pt_pinole/

20201126-IMG_5580.jpg

Edited by lazarus
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, Yessongs said:

Oh Ok Mr Eden, this new restaurant used to be "El Burro" Mexican Restaurant. Got here in 1969 with my parents from Los Angeles. First restaurant we ever went to here was " El Burro" 48 years it lasted, till the Chinese bought the lease to some of the establishments here a few years ago. They raised the lease from $20k to $60k per month.

El Burro told them to f**k off! People were pissed!  Big issue here, people really spoke up, but this is Calif as you know, and money talks. So looks like " Luna" is going to pay the $60k per month. Wow, that's alot of money every month.

Yes, El Burro ate/drank there many times.  On hot summer evenings it was great to sit in the court yard drinking pitchers of Sangria.

The Outlook used to be my go to pick up place on Friday and Saturday nights. Then there was The Parlor (Campbell) and Mountain Charlies in Los Gatos on Joe Sharino night during the week. I used to go to the Plankhouse on Saratoga and Stevens Creek when I wasn't at the Outlook. 

16 hours ago, CalEden said:

Yes, El Burro ate/drank there many times.  On hot summer evenings it was great to sit in the court yard drinking pitchers of Sangria.

The Outlook used to be my go to pick up place on Friday and Saturday nights. Then there was The Parlor (Campbell) and Mountain Charlies in Los Gatos on Joe Sharino night during the week. I used to go to the Plankhouse on Saratoga and Stevens Creek when I wasn't at the Outlook. 

Don't want to thread f**k here, but Reubens Plankhouse on Stevens Creek Blvd was a hotspot too for many ladies back in the day. Ah yes " The Parlor" in Campbell, upstairs and many a night there too.

Remember "Houlihans" in Cupertino?  Joe Sharino is still around. Better stop now........we are showing our age LOL!