Random Pictures. (Just add one photograph that you personally have taken).

john luke

On 5/18/2019 at 6:10 AM, Pumpuynarak said:

Seems beautiful ladies are not the only thing we have in common mate lol,  here's my TT i had when they first came out (1998/99), there was no roadster then and metallic grey was the only colour available, loved it, great fun to drive.

IMG_20190518_0001.jpg

I had one of those too. I remember it being recalled to fit the rear lip spoiler and not being too happy about it.

I think if you can find an early 225 now with low miles, non-molested, in standard spec, good condition etc, it will become a sought after classic.

• Thumbs Up 1

22 hours ago, KhunDon said:

That looks like the 225 model with the twin exhaust. I imported a new one from Belgium late 99, (it arrived on Christmas Eve on a trailer) the 225Bhp model, same colour and saved myself around £8K over the Audi UK price.

Only kept it for a few months, as I was always going abroad and thought it silly to keep it rusting away in the garage. Nice little car.

Audi in UK were pissy with me and wouldn’t offer me a trade in for another Audi, as it was an import, despite being exactly the same spec as UK cars! They were trying to stop people importing their cars in an effort to keep their UK prices high.🤬

Swopped it for a new Honda Civic auto for the wife, but it had dropped £7k in trade in price as I’d put 20K miles on it in 7 months😡

I still remember the Reg no X326 XJT 🤗

👍

Yes it was the 225bhp model. That was always the problem with imports, bloody dealers and there price fixing. Mine was a company car and it cost them 30K but i drove it for 2 years put 25K miles on it and i bought it off the company and sold it back to the dealer that supplied it, made myself 1K as top condition used TT's were hard to come by at the time.

I loved driving it, 4x4 quattro with 225bhp...... 

• Thumbs Up 1

13 minutes ago, Shaksey said:

I remember it being recalled to fit the rear lip spoiler and not being too happy about it.

Me too, they were having stability problems at high speed so they said so they put on the rear spoiler to create downforce aka F1

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Pumpuynarak said:

Me too, they were having stability problems at high speed so they said so they put on the rear spoiler to create downforce aka F1

Yep that’s right, the car got a bit wobbly when doing a quick change of direction at speed. 🤪

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Pumpuynarak said:

Yes it was the 225bhp model. That was always the problem with imports, bloody dealers and there price fixing. Mine was a company car and it cost them 30K but i drove it for 2 years put 25K miles on it and i bought it off the company and sold it back to the dealer that supplied it, made myself 1K as top condition used TT's were hard to come by at the time.

I loved driving it, 4x4 quattro with 225bhp...... 

I imported mine through a company called Sussex imports late 99. I paid £6K inc VAT deposit and another £20k inc VAT or so when the car was about to enter the UK. It arrived on Christmas Eve and it was taxed and had reg plates. I didn’t think anything more about it, until about 2 months later got a letter from HMRC legal team, asking whether I had proof I had paid the VAT to Sussex Imports, which of course I did. 

Turned out that they’d imported hundreds of Audi’s and other cars, but never passed on the VAT to HMRC! The amount owed ran into many millions, but the company had done a bunk, so I doubt the government got their pound of flesh. 🤗

We were in Pattaya Starbucks near AA hotel one morning in 2001, sat in the window seats and I was just talking to the wife about how many different cars I recognised in Thailand, but that I’d never seen a TT. A minute later, she nudged my arm and pointed out the window, just as a silver TT225 drove by. 😀

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

7 minutes ago, Baldylocks said:

I am jiggered to know what purpose there is to have a power socket in a ceiling, taken in the Hideaway guest house.

20190502_170339.jpg

Could it have been for electric fans at anytime?  I can see advantages of the wire coming down from the ceiling rather than upwards from near floor level.  

21 minutes ago, Baldylocks said:

I am jiggered to know what purpose there is to have a power socket in a ceiling, taken in the Hideaway guest house.

20190502_170339.jpg

Andy the owner told me they were put there as the original plan was to have the TVs wall mounted.

• Great Info 1

I hate moths with a passion but plucked up courage to get close enough to this monster. Didn't notice it at first as I was sitting under the tree smoking.  Looked it up on the net and apparently its one of the biggest moths in the world. An Atlas moth. 

IMG_20190523_125322.jpg

IMG_20190523_125402.jpg

• Like 4