Random Pictures. (Just add one photograph that you personally have taken).

john luke

9 hours ago, Sherlock said:

As we seem to have quite a bit of chat lately about Chernobyl, these are a few shots I took a couple of years ago on my visit to Chernobyl and Priypit.

IMG_0209.JPG

IMG_0234.JPG

IMG_0306.JPG

IMG_0324.JPG

IMG_0352.JPG

IMG_0416.JPG

IMG_0420.JPG

Hope that place has been thoroughly cleaned up; watching the TV series makes you think the radiation will be in that area for 100's if not 1000's of years and don't go picking up any graphite.....

2 minutes ago, Horizondave said:

Hope that place has been thoroughly cleaned up; watching the TV series makes you think the radiation will be in that area for 100's if not 1000's of years and don't go picking up any graphite.....

He's probably glowing like the Ready Brek kid.😀

hqdefault.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

17 hours ago, Horizondave said:

Found this info tidbit.

But that's not to suggest that the area has returned to normal, or will at any point in the near future. Because of the long-lived radiation in the region surrounding the former Chernobyl Nuclear Power Plant, the area won't be safe for human habitation for at least 20,000 years.

https://www.livescience.com/39961-chernobyl.html

4 hours ago, forcebwithu said:

Found this info tidbit.

But that's not to suggest that the area has returned to normal, or will at any point in the near future. Because of the long-lived radiation in the region surrounding the former Chernobyl Nuclear Power Plant, the area won't be safe for human habitation for at least 20,000 years.

https://www.livescience.com/39961-chernobyl.html

That quote is wrong!

• 3 weeks later...

Gave my Son the Blackstar amp a few weeks ago that a friend of mine at the gym gave me,  he is always on the look out for a new Guitar so he traded in one of his "Jackson" Guitars and picked up this beautiful, Teal Blue Flying V signature model by Dave Mustaine. Quite the beast, sounds great.  The " Cleans" on this are just incredible. 

What do I do? I am just the " roadie" and plug in and move his Guitars around LOL! 

IMG_2237.jpg

IMG_2340.jpg

IMG_2357.jpg

IMG_2369.jpg

IMG_2374.jpg

IMG_2379.jpg

IMG_2386.jpg

• Like 6

Went for a late evening walk earlier and Blake seems very appropriate for a few pics I took 🙂

And did those feet in ancient time
Walk upon England's mountains green?
And was the holy Lamb of God
On England's pleasant pastures seen?

And did the Countenance Divine
Shine forth upon our clouded hills?
And was Jerusalem builded here
Among these dark Satanic mills?

Bring me my bow of burning gold:
Bring me my arrows of desire:
Bring me my spear: O clouds unfold!
Bring me my chariot of fire.

I will not cease from mental fight,
Nor shall my sword sleep in my hand
Till we have built Jerusalem
In England's green and pleasant land.

Green1.jpg

Green2.jpg

Green3.jpg

Green4.jpg

• Like 5
  • Thumbs Up 1

As Ivan alluded to in another thread... England still has some impressive and beautiful places to visit. Same goes for the rest of the British Isles.

Its only some cities and very grotty run down towns that let's it down. Oh! And their inhabitants. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Aqualung said:

As Ivan alluded to in another thread... England still has some impressive and beautiful places to visit. Same goes for the rest of the British Isles.

Its only some cities and very grotty run down towns that let's it down. Oh! And their inhabitants. 

Yep, less than 6% of the UK is built on/developed - 

UKmap.JPG

Beautiful Terry, wifey and I are firming up a trip here soon for August.....tough choice between Vancouver and perhaps in your area..The Rocky Mountains. 

Summertime here in the states in Calif is real nice.....take her down a few blocks from the house here to jog at the local High School. She digs the weather here and no humidity and loves running outdoors in the morning, where I like running here after dinner.

IMG_2240.JPG

IMG_2261.JPG

IMG_2265.JPG

IMG_2272.JPG

• Like 1