Random Pictures. (Just add one photograph that you personally have taken).

john luke

Not me but my 19y old daugther, on weekend in Chaam...

Nice view for breakfast....

And nice breakfast as well, BTW...

1571185418597-768x1024.jpg

What was that fuss on another thread about living by the sea ?  Yeah, you're right.....view on the rice field or jungle is way better ! 😁😁😁

• Like 6

a neighbor down the road decorates for the upcoming Halloween festivities. Here he gets a visit by a group of wild turkeys. They are great fun to watch but as far as eating goes.... the domestic ones you buy from the markets taste a hell of alot better than the wild ones.

20171006_103428.jpg

20171006_103444.jpg

20171006_103457.jpg

20171006_103529.jpg

20171006_103537.jpg

20171006_103607.jpg

20171006_103623.jpg

20171006_103625.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

@thumper63 Terry, just showed the wife your pics up there, she wants to know when you are going to invite us to come there? LOL! She loves things like this, the scenery obviously we do not get like that in Bangkok. 

Any of you guys ever do Black/White photos for a change? I don't either but....wifey and her Thai friend she has here went out last Sat evening for dinner and to the local theater here to see a play. Her friend showed me pics of her in black/white that her boyfriend took of her. Wow..not bad. So I took this one of the wife right before she left. I guess there is still a market for these types of photos without color. 

@john luke JL, what do you think, since you take a lot of pics, any interest in Black/White pics that you get excited about? Maybe ones of portraits like this are good, but the ones Terry took I think absolutely need color. 

IMG_3782-2-2.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 4

Mike,

I love B&W pics,Baz used to post some on Secrets,street pics are better in colour,but then when I see some of the photos from 30s40s50s from Europe and USA are just great,especially some of those pics with natural light and shadows.

and if you don't mind me saying,your missus is getting more beautiful each year we have been seeing her.thanks from a old lover of beauty

regards

grayray

Edited by grayray
  • Like 4

22 hours ago, Yessongs said:

@thumper63 Terry, just showed the wife your pics up there, she wants to know when you are going to invite us to come there? LOL! She loves things like this, the scenery obviously we do not get like that in Bangkok. 

Any of you guys ever do Black/White photos for a change? I don't either but....wifey and her Thai friend she has here went out last Sat evening for dinner and to the local theater here to see a play. Her friend showed me pics of her in black/white that her boyfriend took of her. Wow..not bad. So I took this one of the wife right before she left. I guess there is still a market for these types of photos without color. 

@john luke JL, what do you think, since you take a lot of pics, any interest in Black/White pics that you get excited about? Maybe ones of portraits like this are good, but the ones Terry took I think absolutely need color. 

IMG_3782-2-2.jpg

I love B&W but think simple shots work best 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, grayray said:

Mike,

I love B&W pics,Baz used to post some on Secrets,street pics are better in colour,but then when I see some of the photos from 30s40s50s from Europe and USA are just great,especially some of those pics with natural light and shadows.

and if you don't mind me saying,your missus is getting more beautiful each year we have been seeing her.thanks from a old lover of beauty

regards

grayray

Thanks Ray, yeah Rachanee is alright, she seems to take fairly good pictures. Yeah spot on Baz did take some great B/W pics and he is missed with his contributions for sure. 

Great pics gents, will consider more B/W in the future. 

• Like 1

On 10/18/2019 at 11:19 PM, Yessongs said:

IMG_3782-2-2.jpg

I am not a big fan of black and white.  For me it is something from the past.  The only time I have used it is on night shots where a lot of the scene has been lit with red lights.  When one tries to adjust the colour balance it tens to send any faces and other white or light coloured objects it pushes them towards green and cyan.

i do like the everything black and white plus one outstanding feature/person in colour.

(Not my photograph for the record)

EC4BFA30-5728-4585-A0D1-40FF84D73AEC.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

On 10/16/2019 at 11:33 AM, thumper63 said:

a neighbor down the road decorates for the upcoming Halloween festivities. Here he gets a visit by a group of wild turkeys. They are great fun to watch but as far as eating goes.... the domestic ones you buy from the markets taste a hell of alot better than the wild ones.

20171006_103428.jpg

20171006_103444.jpg

20171006_103457.jpg

20171006_103529.jpg

20171006_103537.jpg

20171006_103607.jpg

20171006_103623.jpg

20171006_103625.jpg

Those turkeys can sometimes get aggressive.

2 hours ago, thumper63 said:

I wish I knew how to turn my pics from my phone from color to BW. Will have to play around to see if I can find the way. Here is a pic of the Durango & Silverton narrow guage railroad that looks antique in BW and modern in color 

20191004_172729.jpg

Screenshot_20191004-172955_Gallery.jpg

Please see PM - I have converted some train pictures to black and white and processed one as Black and white with colours only on train.  I have not put them on the forum as they are your pics.

7 hours ago, thumper63 said:

I wish I knew how to turn my pics from my phone from color to BW. Will have to play around to see if I can find the way. Here is a pic of the Durango & Silverton narrow guage railroad that looks antique in BW and modern in color 

20191004_172729.jpg

Screenshot_20191004-172955_Gallery.jpg

It depends on which phone you you. If you have an android, you should open the photo from Gallery. once the photo is open you will notice a tiny pencil at the bottom of the screen. tap the pencil, this will open the photo editor. 4 or 5 new small icons will appear at the bottom, tap the one that looks like a sun. Above the sun some new icons will appear, tap the one called "saturation" and slide the orange dot on the bar just above to the far left and your image should turn black and white. Once done, tap "save" at the top of the screen. 

Alternatively you can transfer the photos to your computer and desaturate them in phooshop or something similar.

20171103_205242_desat.jpg

• Like 1
  • Great Info 1

On 10/18/2019 at 11:19 PM, Yessongs said:

IMG_3782-2-2.jpg

Great pic of your lovely mate, you're a dab hand with the camera ehh

• Like 1

On 10/18/2019 at 5:19 PM, Yessongs said:

IMG_3782-2-2.jpg

Thats a really nice pic Mike and works well in black and white. 

• Like 1