Random Pictures. (Just add one photograph that you personally have taken).

john luke

9 hours ago, Pumpuynarak said:

Casting is a skill that has to be learned unless of course you're on a boat at sea lol

Yes, it's very important in the fishing I do. I am often fishing and putting bait out at 120 yards accurately. I can cast a single hook bait 150 yards flat out but I can't get free offerings out that far! 

In that picture I was burying the hookbait inside a groundbait feeder, then clipping the branches as it went in.

Edited by boydeste
  • Thumbs Up 1

16 hours ago, boydeste said:

Yes, it's very important in the fishing I do. I am often fishing and putting bait out at 120 yards accurately. I can cast a single hook bait 150 yards flat out but I can't get free offerings out that far! 

In that picture I was burying the hookbait inside a groundbait feeder, then clipping the branches as it went in.

Fair play to ya BD, thats taken years of practice. What about the "remote boat" that takes your bait out to where you want it ? My mate Steve who owns Poingdestre's tackle shop in Southampton used to sell them, might still do lol 

9 hours ago, Pumpuynarak said:

Fair play to ya BD, thats taken years of practice. What about the "remote boat" that takes your bait out to where you want it ? My mate Steve who owns Poingdestre's tackle shop in Southampton used to sell them, might still do lol 

Funny enough, I bought one of those back in April so that I could fish a local water that was too over grown to use rods to cast. It is very private and I wasn't allowed to do any major pruning of trees, the owners daughter lives in a house on the lake and doesn't want to see anyone fishing. ( she is married before you ask! ) 😛

It's a cracking little boat full of technology. I had an echo sounder fitted along with GPS, using a lithium battery it is very light too.

Unfotunately the large carp that lived in the lake have been killed by otters so I have moved on.

The use of boats is not allowed on most of the lakes that I fish, but I still fish one that it is so it does get used.

Here is a pic of my full set up whilst using the boat, I have the echo screen and the auto pilot control unit mounted on a cross rail that is screwed on top of a camera tripod.

The boat sits on a mat and I have made a handle which allows me to lift the boat into and out of the water without having to bend down too much. You can just see it laying next to the boat.

20200910_123131.jpg

Edited by boydeste
  • Like 3
  • Great Info 1

2 hours ago, boydeste said:

Funny enough, I bought one of those back in April so that I could fish a local water that was too over grown to use rods to cast. It is very private and I wasn't allowed to do any major pruning of trees, the owners daughter lives in a house on the lake and doesn't want to see anyone fishing. ( she is married before you ask! ) 😛

It's a cracking little boat full of technology. I had an echo sounder fitted along with GPS, using a lithium battery it is very light too.

Unfotunately the large carp that lived in the lake have been killed by otters so I have moved on.

The use of boats is not allowed on most of the lakes that I fish, but I still fish one that it is so it does get used.

Here is a pic of my full set up whilst using the boat, I have the echo screen and the auto pilot control unit mounted on a cross rail that is screwed on top of a camera tripod.

The boat sits on a mat and I have made a handle which allows me to lift the boat into and out of the water without having to bend down too much. You can just see it laying next to the boat.

20200910_123131.jpg

Now that is one hell of a setup i'm impressed 👍 Fishing's getting a tad technical lol, shame about the otters but they gotta eat. Steve always said to me they were for accessing where you could'nt cast to as thats where a lot of the fish hang out and he was always right.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pumpuynarak said:

Now that is one hell of a setup i'm impressed 👍 Fishing's getting a tad technical lol, shame about the otters but they gotta eat. Steve always said to me they were for accessing where you could'nt cast to as thats where a lot of the fish hang out and he was always right.

Special set-up...(not my pic)... 🙂

119144003_2271350376331919_3433213615247047266_n.jpg

• Haha 4

On 10/4/2020 at 8:58 AM, Yessongs said:

Awesome pics Terry, beautiful. 

Indoor salons are now open here, wifey had her hair done yesterday. Who cares huh? LOL! 

In 2 days it will be completely straight again..........And she won't be happy about it 😢

IMG_3174.jpg

I think a lot of Bay Area women are catching up on their 'doos right now...

Saw this cutie showing off her highlights in the Park yesterday.

I think she was checkin' me out... 😉

20201004-IMG_7492.jpg

20201004-IMG_7510-2.jpg

20201004-IMG_7504.jpg

• Like 5
  • Thumbs Up 1