Random Pictures. (Just add one photograph that you personally have taken).

john luke

As a few are into planes I thought I would just add a pic of the Nok Airways Saab 340 that I used to fly from Don Muang to Hua Hin, a 25 minute flight.  Great way to get home from Bangkok but don't think of using the toilet, even for a pee, I nearly had to bend double. This plane also had a 1 seat, aisle, 2 seat configuration. 

The service lasted 1 season if I remember. This was January 2014.

20140110_203756.jpg 

Edited by Horizondave
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, boydeste said:

Pretty decent camo for the winter colours of the area.

This bird was sitting in a tree behind an industrial building. I barely saw it as i walked by. Hawks change color a lot through their early years.
Colors are muted a bit...possibly as a survival mechanism as the young ones seem clumsy and make a lot of mistakes.
Easy prey for other predators. The mature ones are very savvy.

Saw this Turkey Vulture a few days ago...way up in the sky (I need a longer lens). They're around to pick up the pieces. 😉 

20201004-IMG_7418.jpg

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, lazarus said:

This bird was sitting in a tree behind an industrial building. I barely saw it as i walked by. Hawks change color a lot through their early years.
Colors are muted a bit...possibly as a survival mechanism as the young ones seem clumsy and make a lot of mistakes.
Easy prey for other predators. The mature ones are very savvy.

Saw this Turkey Vulture a few days ago...way up in the sky (I need a longer lens). They're around to pick up the pieces. 😉 

20201004-IMG_7418.jpg

I was fishing from a boat today on a quiet private lake, we had a red Kite working the tree line very close to us, I took a snap on my phone, but he had already moved away a bit. Out of nowhere a buzzard appeared and actually attacked the kite in mid air. I was surprised as they looked to be of similar size, but my mate said that a pair of buzzards have been breading nearby so it may just have been a warning to the kite to bugger off.

20201006_124609.jpg

Edited by boydeste
  • Like 1
  • Great Info 1

4 hours ago, Horizondave said:

As a few are into planes I thought I would just add a pic of the Nok Airways Saab 340 that I used to fly from Don Muang to Hua Hin, a 25 minute flight.  Great way to get home from Bangkok but don't think of using the toilet, even for a pee, I nearly had to bend double. This plane also had a 1 seat, aisle, 2 seat configuration. 

The service lasted 1 season if I remember. This was January 2014.

20140110_203756.jpg 

Used the HuaHin, Don Muang, HuaHin service many a time to visit the inlaws on the weekend, but I think it was Air Asia or Bkk Air, or something like that. 
Bigger than the plane type in your picture.
The service was excellent back in 2000-2003 and HH terminal was pristine every time we used it.  🤗

• Great Info 1

34 minutes ago, KhunDon said:

Used the HuaHin, Don Muang, HuaHin service many a time to visit the inlaws on the weekend, but I think it was Air Asia or Bkk Air, or something like that. 
The service was excellent back in 2000-2003 and HH terminal was pristine every time we used it.  🤗

The Nok Air service included the coach into town to drop at the clock tower. Once I was the only passenger so for an extra 100 baht tip the driver took me all the way to my house on Soi 88. It was a good service but sadly didn't last long.

36 minutes ago, KhunDon said:

1 minute ago, Horizondave said:

The Nok Air service included the coach into town to drop at the clock tower. Once I was the only passenger so for an extra 100 baht tip the driver took me all the way to my house on Soi 88. It was a good service but sadly didn't last long.

Is there stil an active airport at Hua Hin?

2 minutes ago, boydeste said:

Is there stil an active airport at Hua Hin?

When you say active, you probably mean with scheduled flights?

The airport is still active but the last flights I knew about were flights to Chiang Mai but believe they are not operating presently.

• Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, Horizondave said:

When you say active, you probably mean with scheduled flights?

The airport is still active but the last flights I knew about were flights to Chiang Mai but believe they are not operating presently.

Yes, I had no idea there was an airport there.

How far out of town is it please, lets say from the Hilton hotel.

11 hours ago, boydeste said:

Yes, I had no idea there was an airport there.

How far out of town is it please, lets say from the Hilton hotel.

As others have said it is about 15 mins north of the clock tower.  You will see the entrance on the right before you get to the post office and what looks like a bridge over the road which happens to be the runway, you will actually be entering a short tunnel.  It is just before you get to Venezia which will be on your left after the bridge (runway) 

• Thanks 1

It's amazing where some birds will choose to nest.

I heard chirping close by whilst standing next to a barred gate. I couldn't work out where it was coming from, then I happenned to look down inside the upright tube of the gate.

I think these are maybe blue tits or great tits and I couldn't help thinking they were going to struggle to fledge. Obviously mum was getting in and out ok so hopefully they were OK.

image.jpeg

Edited by boydeste
  • Like 5