Recomended TV Programs to Watch from Live TV and Streaming Services (Threads Merged)

galenkia

1 minute ago, Golfingboy said:

I don’t know what the rest of you think, but Joker was nothing special IMO. Yes Joaquin lost a ton of weight , plays a dude with serious mental issues, and he’s got the GG plus an Oscar probably. Just not the instant classic my cousin swore it was

Is Joker on Netflix , I haven't seen it on the UK version ? 

5 minutes ago, Stillearly said:

Is Joker on Netflix , I haven't seen it on the UK version ? 

No no, I was just adding on my post above that I had a free PPV rental and saw it the 1st day it was available here. Now this looks like it’s up my alley, a Yakuza mob series with Kelly McDonald 

80AEB9C1-970B-495D-86F0-BE5AC06957FB.jpeg

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Golfingboy said:

I don’t know what the rest of you think, but Joker was nothing special IMO. Yes Joaquin lost a ton of weight , plays a dude with serious mental issues, and he’s got the GG plus an Oscar probably. Just not the instant classic my cousin swore it was

Heath Ledger still the best for me.

1 minute ago, Starshine said:

Heath Ledger still the best for me.

Me too

“Is it the scars” ?

“You remind me of my father” 

“ Let’s not..... blow this out of proportion” 

“ Very poor choice of words” 

Such a good movie, I’ve found that it was impossible to catch every detail the first or even 2nd time. Have it on PVR and last month I still caught little fragments and thought “ oh, I never noticed that before”. Like when Lau is sitting on top of the burning pile of cash. In all fairness, the first time I watched it was on a 777 between Vancouver and Tokyo on my virgin trip. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Golfingboy said:

No no, I was just adding on my post above that I had a free PPV rental and saw it the 1st day it was available here. Now this looks like it’s up my alley, a Yakuza mob series with Kelly McDonald 

80AEB9C1-970B-495D-86F0-BE5AC06957FB.jpeg

Watched this on BBC2 recently and thought it was great 

• Great Info 1

4 minutes ago, galenkia said:

Watched this on BBC2 recently and thought it was great 

In all seriousness though, starting to be too many choices on Netflix. Drugs Inc has 6 seasons now, I still have 15 episodes of Bates Motel, movies as well as series.....goes on and on. Difficult choices

• Thumbs Up 1

Just watched this. Pretty good crime movie about a family caught in a shit storm from dealing oxy in a small rural town. Down to earth people trying to make ends meet until the bottom drops out. On Netflix starting yesterday. 

Inherit the Viper movie.jpg

IMDb (Rated 6.6)  ~ Crime thriller about three siblings in Appalachia getting by as local opioid dealers, trying not to get caught in the spiral of violence that comes with the territory.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Golfingboy said:

Just finished Episode 1 of this. Shows many details of the case I never heard about

7EAFF41B-5014-41C1-850E-A03271BE89E9.jpeg

Read the book its great but not seen this. What a knobhead and wasted talent.

I'm watching Einsatzgruppen 4 episodes.

Scary to post it as right wing nut jobs will watch it for all the wrong reasons but it is simply brilliant and my second time watching.

It's amazing ....... documentary about Hitler's death squads. 

2 hours ago, nampla69 said:

Read the book its great but not seen this. What a knobhead and wasted talent.

I'm watching Einsatzgruppen 4 episodes.

Scary to post it as right wing nut jobs will watch it for all the wrong reasons but it is simply brilliant and my second time watching.

It's amazing ....... documentary about Hitler's death squads. 

No judgement here. It’s history. I saw something on TV about his personal physician he trusted so much. Hitler was very heavily medicated and that influenced many of his decisions. I heard about meth, and up to 80 pills a day or similar. Explains a lot

• Thumbs Up 1

On 1/10/2020 at 10:08 PM, Starshine said:

titans-season-2-poster.jpg

Titans season 2 Just  arrived on Netflix today...first season was awesome.

Just finished S2 , really enjoyed it , the soundtrack is great as well , some of the choices made me smile 👍

if you have Amazon check out The Boys - same genre , even darker  

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, nampla69 said:

Watched BIKRAM last night and loved it. Was great. 

Really recommend it guys love to know what you think.

About the famous Indian Yogi ...so well made and quite a character. 

Watched that last weekend. 

Dirty old bastard 😀

• Haha 1