Recomended TV Programs to Watch from Live TV and Streaming Services (Threads Merged)

galenkia

1 hour ago, Thai Spice said:

It would be good if when posting a recommendations you added a little synopsis of the movie. Just a phrase or two.

Same for books.

Yeah, I know... we can ask Google but it would be easier.

But ok, I am a continental and a frog so I have strange ideas...🐸🐸🐸

No need for Google. Just keep IMDb for movie synopsis and reviews, and Amazon for books bookmarked.

On 4/18/2020 at 3:53 AM, roomark said:

Brilliant series 

Enjoy

Homeland gets better and better each series.

...........................................................................................................................

And now for the complete opposite:

The Society.jpg

I have started watching the first season of The Society because my daughter in Scotland recommended it and she keeps asking me have I watched the next episode yet.

So far I have suffered two episodes but it is a complete load of tosh full of really objectionable overprivileged supposed US High School (?) characters ( minus their no doubt equally objectionable parents) locked on their own in their home town.

It is a kind of awful modern version of the excellent Lord of the Flies meets an even worst version of  the The Dome which takes some doing?

Apparently a second series is due out soon.

Hopefully half of them killed one another during the remainder of series one. 🤣

Edited by Jambo
  • Haha 1

49 minutes ago, Jambo said:

Homeland gets better and better each series.

Well, I am at serie 6 and it starts to be a bit boring and lengthy. 

Plus, some really less credible scenarios than in the beginning. 

On the other hand it is a good view on some internal things, political and conflicts between departments, that sure happen in reality but that we, ordinary citizens, will never be aware of.

On 4/24/2020 at 6:08 PM, Stillearly said:

Narcos Mexico very good as well 

I’m halfway through Season 1, it is very good. Tells a good story of the beginnings of the drug business, and I like how they mix in the 80’s music. Even though it is a serious show, I just pissed myself laughing, when Rafa is hiding out in the mansion, and he and Don Neto switch from weed to coke, stomping their feet to Boy George and “Karma Chameleon”. Hardest I’ve laughed in a while, during this depressing time. 

I have one issue with all the Spanish subtitles though....I started viewing  through the Netflix app on my TV, and with the white letters, whenever that part of the screen is pale, the longer sentences are hard to read( white on white). 

• Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, Golfingboy said:

I’m halfway through Season 1, it is very good. Tells a good story of the beginnings of the drug business, and I like how they mix in the 80’s music. Even though it is a serious show, I just pissed myself laughing, when Rafa is hiding out in the mansion, and he and Don Neto switch from weed to coke, stomping their feet to Boy George and “Karma Chameleon”. Hardest I’ve laughed in a while, during this depressing time. 

I have one issue with all the Spanish subtitles though....I started viewing  through the Netflix app on my TV, and with the white letters, whenever that part of the screen is pale, the longer sentences are hard to read( white on white). 

Agree , some funny moments and the soundtrack and fashions are brilliant - thought S2 was even better than the first 

I didn't notice any issues with the subtitles , I have a button on my remote to take me directly to Netflix , although I assume it's through the app as well ...

On 11/6/2018 at 11:04 AM, Steelers4Life said:

Here in Umerica they stopped the torrenting warnings from most cable providers as they realized it was a losing battle. So, I am still getting anything I want for free. Am I committing copyright infringement? Yes. Do I feel guilty about it? No. My apologies to those who think I am a thief. :)   

I torrent DL like crazy here they don't care one more plus about living here

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

On 4/25/2020 at 9:22 PM, dcfc2007 said:

Looking forward to afterlife season 2.

Loved it from start to finish. 

On 4/27/2020 at 12:10 AM, Stillearly said:

I didn't notice any issues with the subtitles , I have a button on my remote to take me directly to Netflix , although I assume it's through the app as well ...

There will be an integration with the software on your set top box and Netflix allowing you to

On 4/25/2020 at 9:22 PM, dcfc2007 said:

Looking forward to afterlife season 2.

Loved it from start to finish. 

On 4/27/2020 at 12:10 AM, Stillearly said:

There will be an integration with the software on your set top box and Netflix allowing you to access it via a click of a button but yes it then basically opens up the app and connects you via the internet and not your cable. 

On 5/5/2020 at 10:31 PM, galenkia said:

Season 2 of Altered Carbon 

ALTERED-CARBON-2-Release-Date-HD.jpg

Got hard work in the end, just every scene became set in darkness so you could barely see what was happening. 

Becoming common on Netflix in recent series.