Recomended TV Programs to Watch from Live TV and Streaming Services (Threads Merged)

galenkia

9 hours ago, Stillearly said:

I've never really watched basketball, but I have obviously heard of Michael Jordan... The Last Dance is brilliant, not all episodes released yet , last two on 18th May . 

I hope this is not true, but hell it doesn’t matter,  it’s been almost 30 years. To think it’s even possible that his father’s murder was tied to Jordan’s gambling, as well as his “retirement” being a forced suspension by the NBA......blows my mind. The only reason I don’t believe it, is Michael had such huge salaries and endorsement deals, he could repay his debts. But the mob made huge money off athletes who ran up large debts on smaller salaries, then forced them to change outcomes of future games to pay it back. 
Again, makes me wonder how many high profile events I’ve watched since I was a kid, had their results influenced by indebted players

1 minute ago, Golfingboy said:

I hope this is not true, but hell it doesn’t matter,  it’s been almost 30 years. To think it’s even possible that his father’s murder was tied to Jordan’s gambling, as well as his “retirement” being a forced suspension by the NBA......blows my mind. The only reason I don’t believe it, is Michael had such huge salaries and endorsement deals, he could repay his debts. But the mob made huge money off athletes who ran up large debts on smaller salaries, then forced them to change outcomes of future games to pay it back. 
Again, makes me wonder how many high profile events I’ve watched since I was a kid, had their results influenced by indebted players

He's a billionaire and I doubt that story very much 

• Thumbs Up 1

31 minutes ago, Stillearly said:

He's a billionaire and I doubt that story very much 

Billionaire the last few years, not in 1993. But I’m not arguing, he was making $30m+ per year, which was unheard of at that time, so he could afford to have a serious gambling habit. He was investigated by the league, so I can believe the part about being quietly forced away from the game. But his father, yes, I think he was just in the wrong place, wrong time, driving a flashy Lexus with a personalized plate, an easy target for thieves. Even if Michael owed a few million $, and I doubt he owed that much to a single “creditor”, no way would they have gone that far to collect

i feel as I have exhausted Netflix over the last 4 weeks, Last thing I watched today was a few episodes of Come fly with me

Since watching every episode of series 1&2 of After Life, nothing seems as good.  Best comedy/drama series I have ever watched 

I'd like to know what package some of you chaps are paying for re Netflix. I signed up a couple of weeks ago through Virgin Media at £6 per month and tbh I think it's a poor show. 

My Thai son in law over in Sweden pays bugger all but seems to have far more choice of movies than I do! 

Is it worth paying more? Maybe there are more up to date movies but when I use the search function I can't even get movies that are years old never mind the ones from not that long ago. 

I'm going to bin the thing I think unless someone can convince me otherwise. 

I pay via my U.K. PayPal account, GBP7.50 + 1.50 tax, a month. I think this equates to about THB 360

Could be completely wrong, but I believe some of the newer films are held back in certain regions, depending when their release dates ( in the cinemas ) are scheduled for.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Proffesor said:

I pay via my U.K. PayPal account, GBP7.50 + 1.50 tax, a month. I think this equates to about THB 360

Could be completely wrong, but I believe some of the newer films are held back in certain regions, depending when their release dates ( in the cinemas ) are scheduled for.

I pay $10 CAD, 230 baht. I find many more movies keep popping up these days, as well as TV shows. 
But I remember a mate having Netflix in 2014, and the Canadian version had nothing, really sucked compared to US

4 hours ago, Aqualung said:

I'd like to know what package some of you chaps are paying for re Netflix. I signed up a couple of weeks ago through Virgin Media at £6 per month and tbh I think it's a poor show. 

My Thai son in law over in Sweden pays bugger all but seems to have far more choice of movies than I do! 

Is it worth paying more? Maybe there are more up to date movies but when I use the search function I can't even get movies that are years old never mind the ones from not that long ago. 

Think you'll find it is just picture quality and number of devices you can watch it on, not extra content. 

It's why I have the cheapest package. 

7 hours ago, galenkia said:

Half way through this and a good watch. That fat dentist is a total fucking arse hole and should be in prison himself. 

I agree , some of those prosecutors are just evil as well , when it's obvious the evidence is flimsy and they get a conviction, even its its disproved later , they refuse to let them go ... their stats are more important than justice ... 

• Like 1

On 5/9/2020 at 7:39 AM, Golfingboy said:

Billionaire the last few years, not in 1993. But I’m not arguing, he was making $30m+ per year, which was unheard of at that time, so he could afford to have a serious gambling habit. He was investigated by the league, so I can believe the part about being quietly forced away from the game. But his father, yes, I think he was just in the wrong place, wrong time, driving a flashy Lexus with a personalized plate, an easy target for thieves. Even if Michael owed a few million $, and I doubt he owed that much to a single “creditor”, no way would they have gone that far to collect

Episode 7 deals with this 

Yes, it depends where in the world you are watching. Your email and password enable you to watch it in all available countries but the content in each country varies. It doesn't,t matter how much you pay. That's my understanding anyway. If you pay more you can have extra subscribers watching at the same time but no additional features.

Sent from my P00C using Tapatalk

11 minutes ago, Captain_B said:

Yes, it depends where in the world you are watching. Your email and password enable you to watch it in all available countries but the content in each country varies. It doesn't,t matter how much you pay. That's my understanding anyway. If you pay more you can have extra subscribers watching at the same time but no additional features.

Can just set your VPN to which county’s content you want to access 

2 hours ago, Captain_B said:

Ah. That's interesting. Makes sense now as I read someone giving a review of film and when I searched for it was not available. What I do like is that my daughter and a friend of mine uses it on my account with their own separate profiles and free for them under my account.