Recomended TV Programs to Watch from Live TV and Streaming Services (Threads Merged)

galenkia

Viewing the episode about the African man shot 19 times. What a joke, they move the cops’ trial 150 miles north to Albany, where the racial makeup of potential jurors, is, ahem, a wee bit different to NYC. Funny seeing Al Sharpton back in 1999, I saw that he was a big criminal before his current role in the community 

B57ABA25-B55A-4BBE-8039-72F0968002A2.jpeg

Edited by Golfingboy
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Golfingboy said:

Viewing the episode about the African man shot 19 times. What a joke, they move the cops’ trial 150 miles north to Albany, where the racial makeup of potential jurors, is, ahem, a wee bit different to NYC. Funny seeing Al Sharpton back in 1999, I saw that he was a big criminal before his current role in the community 

B57ABA25-B55A-4BBE-8039-72F0968002A2.jpeg

Al Sharpton ( me being a Brooklyn Boy ) I know all about this guys nefarious activities ... he is nothing but a race baiting snake ... an evil man ... a former snitch .. who cannot even pay his taxes ...

• Great Info 1

Just now, code_slayer_bkk said:

Al Sharpton ( me being a Brooklyn Boy ) I know all about this guys nefarious activities ... he is nothing but a race baiting snake ... an evil man ... a former snitch .. who cannot even pay his taxes ...

I heard it from Michael Franzese, who’s supposedly the highest ranking guy to walk away, still be alive, and not snitch. That gas tax scam, $6-10m a week, damn! His pops just died at 103, never ratted and did his whole bid

Michael Franzese .. his father was the ultimate mobster ... never snitched .. was stand up!

Many stories floating around about Michael himself ... I believe he snitched .. I think it is true that he did ....  you just don't get out of jail for free when busted by the Feds .. but, it is great he has turned around his life ... good for him ...

4 minutes ago, code_slayer_bkk said:

Michael Franzese .. his father was the ultimate mobster ... never snitched .. was stand up!

Many stories floating around about Michael himself ... I believe he snitched .. I think it is true that he did ....  you just don't get out of jail for free when busted by the Feds .. but, it is great he has turned around his life ... good for him ...

Weird that he is not even 100% sure Sonny was his real Dad....but Mike is 70 looking like 45, and Sonny was 103...must be related that’s some good genetics. Olive oil don’t spoil 

Thanks for that Trial by Media will look out for it.

Sharpton was the basis for the fictional black rabble rouser in Tom Wolfe's epic novel 'Bonfire of the Vanities'. Fantastic book terrible movie..

I watched Athlete A at the weekend.

Powerful piece of filming and that Dr Nasscar should be locked up with Bubba, Rev Al Sharpton and 300 homies from BLM in Rijkers Island.

• Thumbs Up 1

55 minutes ago, nampla69 said:

Thanks for that Trial by Media will look out for it.

Sharpton was the basis for the fictional black rabble rouser in Tom Wolfe's epic novel 'Bonfire of the Vanities'. Fantastic book terrible movie..

I watched Athlete A at the weekend.

Powerful piece of filming and that Dr Nasscar should be locked up with Bubba, Rev Al Sharpton and 300 homies from BLM in Rijkers Island.

That’s on Netflix? Will give it a looksie. I loved the father who asked the judge for 5 minutes alone with him at sentencing, then lunged at him anyway. In a perfect world, the sheriffs would have said “OK, lunchtime, let’s leave them alone”

• Thumbs Up 1

On 6/28/2020 at 7:06 PM, Blue Streak said:

Couldn't get on with ''The Sinner''.......

Season 1 difficult to get into but 2nd half much better and subsequent season very good imo. 

Marcella season 3 also a good watch. 

18 minutes ago, Esco said:

Season 1 difficult to get into but 2nd half much better and subsequent season very good imo. 

Marcella season 3 also a good watch. 

I'll give ''The Sinner'' another try then m8, only watched season 1.....

Halfway through ''Marcells'' 2 ...it passes the time.......

8 hours ago, Blue Streak said:

I'll give ''The Sinner'' another try then m8, only watched season 1.....

Halfway through ''Marcells'' 2 ...it passes the time.......

Season 3 is good. 

It's also nice they are separate stories rather than one continuing one. 

• Thumbs Up 1

16 minutes ago, Lanzalad said:

If your into SYFI then try The Mandalorian which is a spin off from Star Wars

p_fyc_themandalorian_19097_de619ea9.jpeg

My cousin spoke highly about this, but I’ve never been a big Star Wars fan. 

Muting my phone at a premiere back in 1999, cost me a shag with an 18 year old waitress at my restaurant job. She was no brain surgeon, but was pretty fit considering she wore a G-cup. 
Oh well, I went from loving blondes to Asians, we all develop I guess

Extending the topic to binge watching box sets, I have just finished all three series of ‘The Fall’ on Sky/NOW, Starring Gillian Anderson and a then-unknown Jamie Doran, it is the story of a serial killer in Belfast set in 2012. The murders are not associated with the troubles but inevitably the paramilitaries  take a role.

Series1 is about the murders themselves, Series2 the capture of the suspect and the last is the final outcome.  There are many side plots throughout but none overshadow the main theme, serial murder.

I was not expecting a lot from ‘The Fall’ but I was completely wrong. For me it was outstanding and I would recommend it to those able to track it down.

I have seen posts by those, such as Krapow, about life in Belfast in the recent past and I would be interested on his take on this series.

52 minutes ago, nampla69 said:

Dave Chapelle comedy special  'Sticks and Stones' pure comic genius and offensive to everyone ....

Screen Shot 2020-07-04 at 17.34.38.png

I've never liked his delivery. 

Tried watching many of his specials and clips on YT but get bored. 

4 hours ago, Esco said:

I've never liked his delivery. 

Tried watching many of his specials and clips on YT but get bored. 

You see his Juicy Smolley ?? ... a French actor bit ......the gay black guy from Empire who faked a beating in Chicago ......... best bit of the show priceless. 

I just loved hearing him say the unsayable in 2020 (the year Free Speech died) ...... it was like being back and  listening to Larry telling Michael Jackson, Harvey Weinstein, transvestite, disabled autistic Mexican chicken jokes. Breath of fresh air ........