Recomended TV Programs to Watch from Live TV and Streaming Services (Threads Merged)

galenkia

For those who like real espionage movies :

The Spy.jpg

Based on a real story.  What I liked is that it is one the rare spy movies that shows the emotional stress and impact on the agent's "real" life created by living for many years as another persona, creating a circle of "fake friends", etc ...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Spy_(TV_series)

And there are also a few books on this

The Spy 2.jpg

The Spy 3.jpg

• Like 2

Father Soldier Son. 

A documentary following a family who's life pretty much resolves around the military over a 10 year period. 

Well worth a watch and some truly heart wrenching stuff in there. 

18 hours ago, Thai Spice said:

The Spy.jpg

Based on a real story.  What I liked is that it is one the rare spy movies that shows the emotional stress and impact on the agent's "real" life created by living for many years as another persona, creating a circle of "fake friends", etc ...

The Spy 2.jpg

The Spy 3.jpg

Just watched 3 episodes. Very enjoyable. First thing I think I have seen Sasha Baron Cohen playing a serious role. 

• Like 2

On 8/25/2020 at 8:05 AM, Thai Spice said:

The Spy.jpg

The Spy 2.jpg

The Spy 3.jpg

Thanks for the heads up on this. I'll give the series a watch, but at the prices listed for the books I think I'll give them a miss. 🤑

• Haha 1

On 8/26/2020 at 1:36 PM, Golfingboy said:

Watched the episode on Bogotá, Colombia, some very nice dishes. I think if I visit one day as I plan to, it won’t be a weight loss destination, lots of tasty stuff being cooked

3A51C354-64EC-4F90-A1BD-0B13460B2A0E.jpeg

The food in all of Colombia is all f**king great ... some of the all time best food I have ever eaten .... the beef is out of this world ... and the coffee .... oh man ...

I lived in Bogota for a little over 2 years ... and enough cannot be said about the woman ...

With numerous side trips to Medellin .. the northern coast is beautiful .. Cartagena, Barranquilla, Santa Marta, and Riohacha ....

In the South East close to Equador .. Tumaco and Ipiales were just great places ..

" Any thing " you want is at your fingertips ... I had some pretty good Colombian friends .. very nice people ...

Edited by code_slayer_bkk
  • Great Info 1