Recomended TV Programs to Watch from Live TV and Streaming Services (Threads Merged)

galenkia

6 hours ago, RimmerMan said:

I stumbled across Chef's Table BBQ.

It is pretty good, as they showcase 4 people who slowly developed their expertise in BBQ-ing.  

• One lady from Texas, USA
  • One guy from Australia
  • One guy from South Carolina, USA
  • One lady from Mexico

A pretty in depth look at their lives and how they perfected their craft.

Here is a link to the trailer.

I watched the one on Rodney Scott. Had already seen a few YouTube videos on him. Happy he opened some additional spots, the guy deserves to make some $. We all want good food at a low price, and the restaurant business is very competitive. But when I see how much work goes in to making good BBQ.....it’s much more than just the cost of the meat! He works damn hard. I believe at Scott’s original spot, he was charging less than half per pound, what other joints in different states charge

• Thumbs Up 1

Now, this one is gonna be a "delicate" recommendation.

Definitively a lot of you won't like it, and will go on your high horses (same as a part of the "good thinking" general public)

Nevertheless, even if (intentionally I guess) pushed a bit far, it is a good look on the difficulties that 2nd or 3rd generation immigrants (French because from our former colonies) face when having to choice between two worlds. One is to "integrate" to the new environment and time, and the other is to "keep my ancestors culture".

I started watching on Showboxmovies, but it had the English language dubbed version (CUTIES), so I switched to my Netflix and got the original French version, way better for me as there is no way to translate exactly this community's language.

This movie was realized by a French-Senegalese, and you will note that all the main characters are of diverse immigration origin. Dance and music being their common point (maybe with the rejection of their traditional culture)

"MIGNONNES" in French, " CUTIES" in English.  Anyway here is Wiki's synopsis. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cuties

Be warned.....

Cuties.jpg

26 minutes ago, Golfingboy said:

I must say, this is becoming one of my all time favourites. Just finishing Season 2.......have a long way to go yet. 

2D2A1CF6-9263-43A7-8D26-D6DE58552197.jpeg

I remember watching this years ago and thinking it was great, by series 4 maybe ( ? ), I'd given up on it as it had become for me anyway, total rubbish.

• Thumbs Up 3

18 minutes ago, mrcharliemofo said:

I remember watching this years ago and thinking it was great, by series 4 maybe ( ? ), I'd given up on it as it had become for me anyway, total rubbish.

I will see.....though I believe you as it seems to be a common theme with great TV shows. They just run out of storylines eventually. 
Ozark is a great example....just an awesome show, but I think it peaked at the end of Season 1! Can’t re-invent the wheel

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Golfingboy said:

I will see.....though I believe you as it seems to be a common theme with great TV shows. They just run out of storylines eventually. 
Ozark is a great example....just an awesome show, but I think it peaked at the end of Season 1! Can’t re-invent the wheel

Totally agree with you there. I thought the first series of Ozark was really good but packed up halfway through the second series, The Americans was another that seemed to run out of steam and Lost started great but just got more stupid as it went on to the point that I can't remember watching the last 2-3 seasons.

2 minutes ago, mrcharliemofo said:

Totally agree with you there. I thought the first series of Ozark was really good but packed up halfway through the second series, The Americans was another that seemed to run out of steam and Lost started great but just got more stupid as it went on to the point that I can't remember watching the last 2-3 seasons.

They should have kept Del......I loved his character! Where did he go.....back to bury Ritchie Valens???

D7E35463-D360-47CB-9657-A4CB2AE6DA60.jpeg

1 minute ago, mrcharliemofo said:

You've got me now. Who was Del ?

The cartel leader in S1, you know the guy who executed like 6 of Marty’s friends before sparing him when he promised to rinse the cash in the Ozarks.

Esai Morales is his name, the role everyone remembers was in La Bamba in 1987, as the drunk brother of Richie Valens

2 minutes ago, Golfingboy said:

The cartel leader in S1, you know the guy who executed like 6 of Marty’s friends before sparing him when he promised to rinse the cash in the Ozarks.

Esai Morales is his name, the role everyone remembers was in La Bamba in 1987, as the drunk brother of Richie Valens

Age thing here now I guess in that I honestly have trouble remembering names of tv people, I'd be useless in a pub quiz nowadays !

• Haha 1

On 9/22/2020 at 6:19 PM, Pumpuynarak said:

I watched my first episode of Breaking Bad last night on my newly acquired Netflix UK here in Thailand, i have to say i'm looking forward to more. My mate here is addicted to it lol.

Oh, wifey better like it too or get used to being alone Pump. You won’t want to stop, it’s that good. I don’t think there was even one marginal episode in the entire series. I have not binge watched everything out there that was ever in production, but I thought nothing would surpass the Sopranos.......I give BB a slight nod

• Thumbs Up 2

Not Netflix, but just watched PVR of Dateline NBC about Oscar Pistorius. I’m not into white women much anymore, but damn was Reeva ever a beauty, inside and out. What she was doing with him.......God knows. He was so guilty too, she was wearing clothes like she was leaving, with her phone in the bathroom.....and with his history of bad temper love of firearms.....I’m glad he was convicted. Damn shame it wasn’t for longer

8954FC83-84DD-4388-A89C-B18FAF912083.jpeg

• Thumbs Up 1

On 9/22/2020 at 5:19 PM, Pumpuynarak said:

I watched my first episode of Breaking Bad last night on my newly acquired Netflix UK here in Thailand, i have to say i'm looking forward to more. My mate here is addicted to it lol.

If you like BB - and I am sure you will - follow it up with "Better Call Saul", a spin-off from BB; I watched four seasons out of five in Thailand last winter and loved it and signed up to Netflix in the hopes of finishing it off, but the buggers don't have season five yet, damn them...

• Thumbs Up 1

On 9/23/2020 at 1:19 AM, Pumpuynarak said:

Blimey me old Korat mate ....you and I must have been the last two old dinosaurs not to watch it.

My daughter kept nagging me ................ come lockdown April ish started ........me old Saints fan it gets better and better and slows down but the last series oh my Buddha.

Even has an amazing ending ............... it is one of the best series ever made ..................... wonderful stick with it mate even when it slows "The boring fly episode' ....

Better and better and better .....

• Thumbs Up 1

I do have to post this as I have just watched THE SOCIAL DILEMMA ...... deliberate capital letters attention grabbing device.

I would make every sentient human being on this planet especially those with kids watch it.

In fact I would come over all Wee Frankie and lock students in until they've seen it twice ..............................................

This is as good as it gets and so thought provoking ...... 99% of the guys on here are great and the odd troll watch it chaps brilliant.

• Thumbs Up 3