Recomended TV Programs to Watch from Live TV and Streaming Services (Threads Merged)

galenkia

6 minutes ago, tommy dee said:

she is, despite having had such an awful series of life struggles.

Only recently read she has been diagnosed with MS.

Have to say, one of the best season finale's I've seen in a long long time. The way they handled the subject matter was spot on.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, galenkia said:

Only recently read she has been diagnosed with MS.

Have to say, one of the best season finale's I've seen in a long long time. The way they handled the subject matter was spot on.

F—k me, on top of the double mastectomy? That’s too bad. She’s come a long way since playing Al Bundy’s daughter in MWC

Jamie Lynn Sigler, who played Meadow in Sopranos, has had MS a while too. Probably explains why she looked nice and plump in S1 but 6-7 years later looked much thinner

Edited by Golfingboy
  • Like 1

Just started 1899.  Finished two episodes and jury not in yet.  Having sailed, not finding the technical advisors input very accurate for the life onboard ships.  Ie.  the Captain would never consult the stoker for the current coal stocks onboard.  That info would come straight from the Chief Engineer!

WS2

• Like 1
  • Great Info 1

On 11/27/2022 at 11:12 AM, galenkia said:

Thought these two documentaries were good.

95680501.webp

64881443-11463653-image-a-1_1669247478366.jpg

Keep ‘em coming those suggestions Allen…..my cheap arse finally sprung for a whole 40 days of streaming! Actually if I was THAT tight, I would have almost twice as long with the ADS version…..$6 CAD/month. Never considered it

Maybe it’s not too late to switch…..I’ll be good ‘til Easter for the price of 2 pints! 

6129E06D-60C5-4057-AB6C-74A5A55CA1FF.jpeg

• Thumbs Up 1

Started this 3 episode series. Not talked about nearly enough IMO. Similar to Highway of Tears murders in Canada, it’s gone on too long to be the work of a single killer. I find it crazy that this case of 30+ girls is almost unknown, but Natalee Holloway goes missing in Aruba & the whole world hears about it…..

D35F0E97-3AD9-4A95-AF13-EBF165F723C5.jpeg

• Great Info 1

On 11/30/2022 at 10:01 PM, Golfingboy said:

Started this 3 episode series. Not talked about nearly enough IMO. Similar to Highway of Tears murders in Canada, it’s gone on too long to be the work of a single killer. I find it crazy that this case of 30+ girls is almost unknown, but Natalee Holloway goes missing in Aruba & the whole world hears about it…..

D35F0E97-3AD9-4A95-AF13-EBF165F723C5.jpeg

Thought this was good also.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ChiFlyer said:

I have gotten caught up in a recently concluded six season TV series about a SOCAL crime family called "Animal Kingdom". It is based on an Aussie movie by the same name. The TV series has an 8.2 IMDB.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Animal_Kingdom_(TV_series)

Love the heist scenes in this show.

Very good show, shame it had to end! If you have the 50+ hours to see the whole thing, lots of plot twists. Final season(6) just wrapped up on regular TV in Canada, I had binged 1-4 on Netflix earlier this year.This week finally re-activated my account and saw S5 was available. A touch  backwards, but I don’t make the rules! 

Edited by Golfingboy

21 hours ago, galenkia said:

What a lunatic, putting 29 bodies under his house.😂

ems.cHJkLWVtcy1hc3NldHMvdHZzZWFzb24vYTc4Y2VkOTEtZDMyNi00NDY1LTk4NGMtMzZmNmFkMmFkNDU3LmpwZw==.jpg

The man was truly a monster. At the time of his arrest I worked about a mile from his house. People used to caravan over there to take a look at the place. There was serious traffic. Ok, I went once.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 11/21/2022 at 5:04 PM, Worldsailor2 said:

Just started 1899.  Finished two episodes and jury not in yet.  Having sailed, not finding the technical advisors input very accurate for the life onboard ships.  Ie.  the Captain would never consult the stoker for the current coal stocks onboard.  That info would come straight from the Chief Engineer!

WS2

I started this tonight. I am feeling positive about where it might go. It does have a 7.6 IMDB rating, which is not bad. I like the foreboding music with the dark lighting. The later is done well IMO, unlike the GOT Winterfell dragon battles and Dotharki charge scenes.