Recomended TV Programs to Watch from Live TV and Streaming Services (Threads Merged)

galenkia

I think this was mentioned on this thread, but I can't find it. I am halfway through this mini-series called "Manhunt" where London Metropolitan police detective Colin Sutton tracks down a serial killer. I am finding it enjoyable at the moment. Not sure if it's on Netflix but it's on ITV.

Manhunt.jpg.2a07e6588a34dfe5d665e99826bb662b.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1

12 hours ago, Pumpuynarak said:

Right guys, i'm considering getting Netflix here in Thailand and i know there's loadsa info on Google but can anyone point out anything i should particularly be aware of, one question do i need a Smart TV ?

I'm a Com dino so bear with me 

I run Netflix off a smart tv , but you could download the app onto a tablet, your laptop and run it into your TV (if it's not smart) via the HDMI cable.

Not too expensive for a decent smart TV in LOS though mate ? Powerbuy have got loads for sale I think.

To sign into the app all you need is literally an e mail address and password for the app and voila...

https://www.powerbuy.co.th/en

Edited by roomark
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, roomark said:

I run Netflix off a smart tv , but you could download the app onto a tablet, your laptop and run it into your TV (if it's not smart) via the HDMI cable.

Not too expensive for a decent smart TV in LOS though mate ? Powerbuy have got loads for sale I think.

To sign into the app all you need is literally an e mail address and password for the app and voila...

https://www.powerbuy.co.th/en

Thanks a mill roomark, just the sort of info i need. I gave away me laptop to a mate's son who was in desperate need when me mate was skint so that options gone but you are correct the cost of TV's has dropped dramatically here in Thailand. I saw a Samsung 50" smart TV in Global for 16K when i paid 62K back in 2007 for a Samsung Art of Elegance 40"

I will need to buy a new smart TV but at least wifey's mum will benefit from our old one lol  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 11/6/2018 at 2:49 PM, Lambik said:

Netflix Thailand, +/- 300 ThB a month, first month eventually free. 

Every country has his own supply. 

Witch means what one can watch in the U. K. may be not available in Thailand and vice-versa. 

I believe current fare is one month free and 420 baht per month for premium. (300 baht for the lower end version) You can register and pay the Thailand fee but if you use a VPN can get anything anywhere in the world shows.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Kathmandu said:

Just started it last night. Pretty damn good too.

I just completed this as well. Amazing I lived in Bay Area for 5 years, and been to Eureka numerous times. Even prior to living in that neck of the woods, whilst in Uni in Las Vegas we would always go to the Humboldt State games, (as much for the ganja as the game) but I never had anything other than this "romantic" perception of Humboldt County. Of course there was a tinge of "outlaw" in the romanticism, but it surely wasn't a Columbian Cocaine Cartel violent like perception. In a million years I would of never imagined AlderPoint existed. Since watching Murder Mountain I turned a couple of native Norther Californians onto the show and they came away with the exact same shock...they had no idea.

1 hour ago, STARGAZER said:

I just completed this as well. Amazing I lived in Bay Area for 5 years, and been to Eureka numerous times. Even prior to living in that neck of the woods, whilst in Uni in Las Vegas we would always go to the Humboldt State games, (as much for the ganja as the game) but I never had anything other than this "romantic" perception of Humboldt County. Of course there was a tinge of "outlaw" in the romanticism, but it surely wasn't a Columbian Cocaine Cartel violent like perception. In a million years I would of never imagined AlderPoint existed. Since watching Murder Mountain I turned a couple of native Norther Californians onto the show and they came away with the exact same shock...they had no idea.

Murder Mountain is dramatized to keep it entertaining. It's streamin' TV right..?

Yet, from my experience -- (visiting friends in the Emerald Triangle -- late '70s until now) -- much of it is accurate. 

The back story:

Humboldt County Sheriff slams 'highly sensationalized' Netflix documentary 'Murder Mountain'

https://www.sfgate.com/entertainment/article/where-did-murder-mountain-get-its-name-humboldt-13518295.php?fbclid=IwAR2q3lJrpn4P_lIqEN3XMtQF1TSMKkGAt_I_HP4BVv4BTTQCuyBE02aoCQk

Edited by fon_tok

7 hours ago, STARGAZER said:

I believe current fare is one month free and 420 baht per month for premium. (300 baht for the lower end version) You can register and pay the Thailand fee but if you use a VPN can get anything anywhere in the world shows.

I got Zenmate Premium VPN but i can't get BBC iplayer, would i be able to get Netflix UK FOC using this VPN ? 

11 hours ago, STARGAZER said:

One worth watching is the new docu that came out just last week called FYRE-The World's Greatest Party That Never Happened.

Talk about a millennial deal gone bad...it is just mind boggling.

More like a planned rip off, no ?  

Not went in depth, but read a few articles on this thing.

27 minutes ago, Thai Spice said:

More like a planned rip off, no ?  

Not went in depth, but read a few articles on this thing.

No,.... more like biting off more than you could chew and having the charisma to make your team believe you could make it happen even though all signs pointed to disaster in the making weeks out from the event. The FYRE app itself was a big winner, or would of been. The foray into the music festival business and desire to attach to celebrity doomed the foundation of the Fyre business before it could scale. (The app was going to be the UBER of talent booking)

Now his scam when out on bail, yeah, that was a scam from the get go.

15 hours ago, roomark said:

Not Netflix , but if you have a spare 90 minutes watch this...

Brilliant

Tyson seems like a humble fella nowadays.

Yes...Rogan might be the best interviewer out there right now! Just my opinion. 

Saw this the other day and have to say it made me do some research on DMT and would not rule a future experience out of realm of possibility.

Here is another poignant discussion by Rogan and Bari Weiss with regards to a very current event. I think she nails the current societal problem that social media, a connected world, and ability to powerfully and quickly spread information to millions of people, right info or wrong info,  when she says, "It is an erasure of individuality" somewhere in middle of the talk, and than touches the point again in the last sentences of the interview.

Personally, listening to these two, I think they should run in 2020 as CO PRESIDENTS. One thing is for certain, 85% of all of us, (Seppos) anyway are truly centralists....maybe 10 degrees to the right on some issues and 10 degrees to the left on others.

Edited by STARGAZER
  • Like 2

Gotta be honest I'd never heard of DMT before that interview certainly made it sound life changing ..

I would probably have flown at giving it a go in my 20s, but I'm not so sure now I need to keep a straight head my life is completely different now.

On 1/21/2019 at 8:56 AM, Pumpuynarak said:

Thanks a mill roomark, just the sort of info i need. I gave away me laptop to a mate's son who was in desperate need when me mate was skint so that options gone but you are correct the cost of TV's has dropped dramatically here in Thailand. I saw a Samsung 50" smart TV in Global for 16K when i paid 62K back in 2007 for a Samsung Art of Elegance 40"

I will need to buy a new smart TV but at least wifey's mum will benefit from our old one lol  

Another good way to run NetFlix is using an Apple TV attached to the set you have now. They used to be pretty cheap here -- under B1000 -- and they're a cinch to set up.

• Like 1