Recomended TV Programs to Watch from Live TV and Streaming Services (Threads Merged)

galenkia

3 minutes ago, Stillearly said:

Just signed up for the free 30 day trial , starting off with Star Trek Discovery 🙂 

£5.99 a month you cannot go wrong mate.Unless you want live sport then SKY is a rip off.

Good choice Star Trek,second season just only finished and i think its great.Rarely watch regular free TV except for the odd show like Line Of Duty or sport online.

Just now, galenkia said:

£5.99 a month you cannot go wrong mate.Unless you want live sport then SKY is a rip off.

Good choice Star Trek,second season just only finished and i think its great.Rarely watch regular free TV except for the odd show like Line Of Duty or sport online.

Gone for the HD package £7.99

Sport and Sky Atlantic is what I mostly use SKY for .. cancelled my BT sport subscription last year , seemed too much to watch a couple of games a week 

• Thumbs Up 1

Just now, Stillearly said:

Sport and Sky Atlantic is what I mostly use SKY for .. cancelled my BT sport subscription last year , seemed too much to watch a couple of games a week 

Can't believe SKY charge £18 a month just for the F1 channel,but are currently advertising a promotion at £10 a month.You start adding it all up and you end up with £100+ a month or so.Just to watch TV!!!.

Can see prices for Netflix and Amazon rising as they start bidding for sporting events and start stepping into that market.Amazon already have secured ATP tennis.

13 minutes ago, Stillearly said:

7 minutes ago, galenkia said:

Can't believe SKY charge £18 a month just for the F1 channel,but are currently advertising a promotion at £10 a month.You start adding it all up and you end up with £100+ a month or so.Just to watch TV!!!.

Can see prices for Netflix and Amazon rising as they start bidding for sporting events and start stepping into that market.Amazon already have secured ATP tennis.

But do you haggle?

I get both Sky and BT for half price, £40pm for Sky HD everything except movies, BTHD for £17pm for everything.

• Great Info 1

Just now, Krapow said:

But do you haggle?

I get both Sky and BT for half price, £40pm for Sky HD everything except movies, BTHD for £17pm for everything.

Only have Netflix i pay for,but watch MotoGP on BT Sport using my mates log in.😀

• Like 1

Watched series one of this,plus 2 episodes of series 2 yesterday.Only three and four 45 minutes episodes respectively..Great crime documentary series by a former police detective who was the main exposer of Jimmy Saville's crimes.He revisits unsolved cases that may have been committed by convicted killers.

Really worth a watch if you like this type of show.

,,kokiuhftes.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1

Watched three episodes of both Discovery and Narcos , enjoyed both , Narcos is very good 

watched one episode of AfterLife , think it's a bit self indulgent and depressing and I'm sure I've heard some of the material in his standup .. will give it another couple of episodes to see it it improves , 

11 hours ago, Stillearly said:

Does anyone watch in UHD 4K , is the picture quality far superior to HD ? 

It is noticeably better... but that's not always good.     Some sets look fake because they are so detailed and that is distracting.    Sharper is not always better... 

• Like 1
  • Great Info 1

2 minutes ago, johnpat said:

It is noticeably better... but that's not always good.     Some sets look fake because they are so detailed and that is distracting.    Sharper is not always better... 

agree this & some times so sharp look almost like cartoon

On 5/4/2019 at 4:41 AM, Steelers4Life said:

Just watched "Extremely Wicked, Shockingly Evil and Vile". Efron's portrayal of Ted Bundy was excellent. John  Malkovich's performance as the judge in the case was brilliant as well. Definitely worth a watch.  

Bundy Movie.jpg

Not available in the UK yet apart from pay per view on Sky Cinema 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Stillearly said:

Just watched Mindhunter - enjoyed it , about the early FBI Behavioral Science section and the interviewing of criminals to help with profiling - only one Season so far 

Word is season 2 is due August.

Watching this currently which ain't bad so far.

CHAMBERS-netflix.jpg

• Like 1