Recomended TV Programs to Watch from Live TV and Streaming Services (Threads Merged)

galenkia

On 9/7/2019 at 5:07 PM, Krapow said:

Yo Yo Yo fam, has no one watched the new series of 'Top Boy' yet?

Have to watch it next week when I go back to London.

Yogi reminded me this morning, or I would have forgot about it, innit!

Watched ep 1.

Let's just say some parts nearer the end feel very real to me, and I expect you'll agree lol. 

Will watch again later. Mrs is currently on Ep 23665345 of prison break bless her. 

2 hours ago, Golfingboy said:

My cable provider put the first season of Power on free this week. On Episode 6 already, really like it so far

54F76ECB-627C-4C3A-8D5D-C7C92357FD93.jpeg

Oh it keeps getting better and better with each season. Your in for a ride. Enjoy! I am current with season 6. The shit never stops hitting the fan. Great series!

• Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, Esco said:

Watched ep 1.

Let's just say some parts nearer the end feel very real to me, and I expect you'll agree lol. 

Will watch again later. Mrs is currently on Ep 23665345 of prison break bless her. 

Aye, it's realistic, you can relate to it.

I also know lots of the places where it's filmed, it's where I work, so KNOW it's realistic.

The guy that wrote it, did so as he was going to the shops and used to see 12 year olds selling drugs. 

On 9/9/2019 at 2:44 PM, Steelers4Life said:

Oh it keeps getting better and better with each season. Your in for a ride. Enjoy! I am current with season 6. The shit never stops hitting the fan. Great series!

I ended up spending $10 to get Starz for the month and catch up. Already halfway thru Season 4. Lots of plot twists for sure. Cannot believe Kanan survived the fire and what he’s doing to Ghost’s son

Sad too seeing Charlie Murphy so skinny, I guess they gave him the role regardless of his condition. Damn you could tell he didn’t have long

Edited by Golfingboy
  • Like 1

On 9/7/2019 at 4:07 PM, Krapow said:

Yo Yo Yo fam, has no one watched the new series of 'Top Boy' yet?

Have to watch it next week when I go back to London.

Yogi reminded me this morning, or I would have forgot about it, innit!

Gonna blast through it this weekend, staying off the drink this weekend and gonna get back into the gym, hardly went the 3 weeks I was in Thailand so need to get back into it.

Just now, Krapow said:

Did you use the gym in Page 10?

I told myself I was gonna go every day, had a look at it when I first checked in and never used the place😂  Im usually alright for going as well but just seemed lazy this trip and more interested in the drink, i definitely overdone the boozing this trip.

Im back in December and I'm gonna try stay off the drink until then,  its just over 3 months I should do it no bother. I just need to  take my car with me every time I go out the house😀

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, JPK said:

I told myself I was gonna go every day, had a look at it when I first checked in and never used the place😂  Im usually alright for going as well but just seemed lazy this trip and more interested in the drink, i definitely overdone the boozing this trip.

Im back in December and I'm gonna try stay off the drink until then,  its just over 3 months I should do it no bother. I just need to  take my car with me every time I go out the house😀

I never used it last time either. Like you, promised myself I will in January, but we'll see lol

• Thumbs Up 1

On ‎9‎/‎13‎/‎2019 at 9:25 AM, JPK said:

Gonna blast through it this weekend, staying off the drink this weekend and gonna get back into the gym, hardly went the 3 weeks I was in Thailand so need to get back into it.

Just watched the first 2 episodes, setting up nicely. 

I know lots of those locations through work. 

It's good, it's touching on different things as well, immigration, gentrification and £3.50 for a coffee lol.

16 minutes ago, Krapow said:

Just watched the first 2 episodes, setting up nicely. 

I know lots of those locations through work. 

It's good, it's touching on different things as well, immigration, gentrification and £3.50 for a coffee lol.

I'm 3 episodes in.First episode was quality,even the subtitles were in Patois.😀

Cracked me up when the cops took his paralysed cousin,'put de broken foot boy in de car mon'.😀

Makes you feel old though how street lingo has changed since we were young.

On 9/10/2019 at 3:44 AM, Steelers4Life said:

I only really watch Sport, News and series on TV.

For some reason I missed Power so I have a lot of catching up to do. 😛

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Jambo said:

I only really watch Sport, News and series on TV.

For some reason I missed Power so I have a lot of catching up to do. 😛

Me too. For the past year or so I have been having trouble with movies holding my interest. Few and far between does a movie come along as of late that I can stay focused on. 

7 hours ago, galenkia said:

I'm 3 episodes in.First episode was quality,even the subtitles were in Patois.😀

Cracked me up when the cops took his paralysed cousin,'put de broken foot boy in de car mon'.😀

Makes you feel old though how street lingo has changed since we were young.

I can't stand that wigger accent mate it's horrible (especially when some 2 bob white kid does it) and the reason I couldn't get into it.

Can't stand that grime shite that the kids listen to either..

Though I love proper rap 🤣🤣

• Thumbs Up 1

6 minutes ago, tommy dee said:

a real eye opener this one... top boy, on net flix..  not pleasant but eye opening..

The first 2 Channel 4 series might still be on Netflix still.So even though this is season 1 on Netflix it is actually season 3 of the ongoing story.

• Surprised 1

3 hours ago, tommy dee said:

a real eye opener this one... top boy, on net flix..  not pleasant but eye opening..

3 hours ago, galenkia said:

The first 2 Channel 4 series might still be on Netflix still.So even though this is season 1 on Netflix it is actually season 3 of the ongoing story.

Yea, the first two were not bad either.

But this series is very good I think. I've just finished episode 6.

It touches on some many current issues in London. The Windrush 'story' which is playing out in it is hard to watch, and sadly was very true and what happened for many. Disgusting!

It's real life stuff for many in London. Glad it wasn't 'Americanised' by Drake.

Really enjoying it, will be going in to work tomorrow recommending it.