Recomended TV Programs to Watch from Live TV and Streaming Services (Threads Merged)

galenkia

Just now, Stillearly said:

Do you need to watch the first two series first or does it stand alone ?

You could watch it as a stand alone, but the first two were only 3 episodes each I think, so better if you could watch them first, as you'd understand the characters and their dynamics in the series better. 

This one has 10 episodes, and hope there's a 4th one as well, it's the best I've seen since 'Love/Hate' which was also very good and realistic, set in Dublin. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, Krapow said:

You could watch it as a stand alone, but the first two were only 3 episodes each I think, so better if you could watch them first, as you'd understand the characters and their dynamics in the series better. 

This one has 10 episodes, and hope there's a 4th one as well, it's the best I've seen since 'Love/Hate' which was also very good and realistic, set in Dublin. 

First 2 were 4 episodes,and would agree its better to watch them first as it sets the background for who the main characters are and their relationships to each other.

I have watched 5 episodes so far as i am flicking between it and the Colombian series Green Frontier.

18 hours ago, roomark said:

I can't stand that wigger accent mate it's horrible (especially when some 2 bob white kid does it) and the reason I couldn't get into it.

Can't stand that grime shite that the kids listen to either..

Though I love proper rap 🤣🤣

On Series 1 , I had to google bowcat ... 

• Haha 1

to be honest its probably the most gritty series i have ever watched.  i have to mentally trnaslate much of what they say but it appears that its a series based on a complete subculture, embracing guns and knives along with the usual powders etc.

Weird as it portrays the split personailities, so far, of those who  love their familes, but dont think twice about removing their enemies from the mortal coil

I cant find the first 2 series, so was straight into the one on netflix. explains why the first episode was hard to follow, but after that its been easy to follow.  except I cant tell the differenc e between 2 of the characters, and mix them up all the time

If this is London, then I am happy to be living here

• Thumbs Up 2

6 hours ago, tommy dee said:

to be honest its probably the most gritty series i have ever watched.  i have to mentally trnaslate much of what they say but it appears that its a series based on a complete subculture, embracing guns and knives along with the usual powders etc.

Weird as it portrays the split personailities, so far, of those who  love their familes, but dont think twice about removing their enemies from the mortal coil

I cant find the first 2 series, so was straight into the one on netflix. explains why the first episode was hard to follow, but after that its been easy to follow.  except I cant tell the differenc e between 2 of the characters, and mix them up all the time

It is a good portrayal of some of the current issues, like county lines, windrush, immigration, gang, drug culture. 

But unless you're black, in or around this gangs like Yogi, it wouldn't have any impact on you. I'm only more aware of it and the issues raised due to my work, some of the meetings I attend. Apart from that, nothing, would be totally alien to my wife, she would never come across anything like that in London, neither would the vast, vast majority of people.

But it is there. 

• Thumbs Up 1

8 hours ago, tommy dee said:

I'm watching S1 on Netflix 

• Thumbs Up 1

On 9/15/2019 at 6:38 AM, galenkia said:

The new BBC police drama The Capture is really good.First 2 parts are on the iplayer with part 3 tuesday evening.

If you love shows like Line Of Duty you will love this.

I have that queued up after I finish "The Bay" another British crime series on  ITV . "The Bay" is very similar to the series Broadchurch if your into that mystery whodunit type of show.

• Like 1

On 9/16/2019 at 5:22 PM, Krapow said:

Bludclart!

Series 3 is the best, easily.

Finished binge watching it (  very late ) last night / this morning  , really enjoyed it , you can see they spent a lot more on it , plus now with 10 episodes it feels like a proper series 

Spoiler Alert ....

Thought the prison scene at the end was a bit weak why didn't Jamie have access to his own footage , cloud storage etc 

although I did like the twist at the very end with the police and you can see what the main thrust of the next series will be .. another similarity to The Wire I think 

10 minutes ago, Krapow said:

Read down to where you said spoiler BV alert, then was able to stop myself with only reading 'prison'. 

f**k sake! 🙁

Can't go near this thread again now until I'll finished it at the weekend. Too much football and gym through the week. 

Sorry thought you had finished 🙂 

On 9/17/2019 at 9:22 PM, Krapow said:

Entrance to Ridley Road Market, where most of Top Boy is set/filmed. 

IMAG0859.jpg

On 9/16/2019 at 12:39 AM, tommy dee said:

a real eye opener this one... top boy, on net flix..  not pleasant but eye opening..

Watched the S1 and S2 yesterday (Youtube). Interesting, although not really my thing.

What I noted with many British series or movies is they are nearly always on the dark side, a lot of desperation in them, and limit depressive . Mostly happening in an underprivileged social environment. 

Maybe reflecting a certain actual british socio culturel society ? And the very negative inward look that most Brit have of their country ? Like views being reflected often on this forum "UK is f*cked, I'll never go back, its a shithole, a disgrace, etc...." 

Speaking pretty well the language, having lived there a bit, and hanged out a lot.with Brits, I think I have a rather fair understanding of this thing.

Just my 2 cents.