Recomended TV Programs to Watch from Live TV and Streaming Services (Threads Merged)

galenkia

On ‎9‎/‎17‎/‎2019 at 6:47 PM, Stillearly said:

Thought the prison scene at the end was a bit weak why didn't Jamie have access to his own footage , cloud storage etc 

although I did like the twist at the very end with the police and you can see what the main thrust of the next series will be .. another similarity to The Wire I think 

Not a techie by any means, so maybe talking bollocks. But sure the footage was cut off to Jamie, he had no access, his phone showing error, after 'Top Boy' went and seen the guy who wired up the CCTV.

Yea, I had wondered about the scene previous where the 'junkies' were pouring the cider out, and only swishing it around their mouths. Makes sense now. 

On ‎9‎/‎18‎/‎2019 at 11:10 PM, Thai Spice said:

Watched the S1 and S2 yesterday (Youtube). Interesting, although not really my thing.

What I noted with many British series or movies is they are nearly always on the dark side, a lot of desperation in them, and limit depressive . Mostly happening in an underprivileged social environment. 

Maybe reflecting a certain actual british socio culturel society ? And the very negative inward look that most Brit have of their country ? Like views being reflected often on this forum "UK is f*cked, I'll never go back, its a shithole, a disgrace, etc...." 

Speaking pretty well the language, having lived there a bit, and hanged out a lot.with Brits, I think I have a rather fair understanding of this thing.

Just my 2 cents.

I don't think it's necessarily a British thing, The Wire (American), Gommorrah (Italian) Love Hate (Irish) just off the top of my head are all similar. 

But yea, I had been thinking about this the other day, why do people like watching 'gangsters' and associated social stuff. 

For lots of people in their favourite moves, they'll have a gangster one, like Goodfellas, Once Upon a Time in America, the Long Good Friday etc etc. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Krapow said:

Not a techie by any means, so maybe talking bollocks. But sure the footage was cut off to Jamie, he had no access, his phone showing error, after 'Top Boy' went and seen the guy who wired up the CCTV.

Yea, I had wondered about the scene previous where the 'junkies' were pouring the cider out, and only swishing it around their mouths. Makes sense now. 

I don't think it's necessarily a British thing, The Wire (American), Gommorrah (Italian) Love Hate (Irish) just off the top of my head are all similar. 

But yea, I had been thinking about this the other day, why do people like watching 'gangsters' and associated social stuff. 

For lots of people in their favourite moves, they'll have a gangster one, like Goodfellas, Once Upon a Time in America, the Long Good Friday etc etc. 

Deshaun only asked to see what Jamie saw ... which is what confused me 

Think we've always had a fascination with crime as long as films have been around and before in paperbacks and literature 

I am keeping up with these 2 British crime, drama mysteries. Liking them both. 

15 hours ago, galenkia said:

Watched the first 3 episodes of this and its a good watch.

v1.dDs1NjUyNjk7ajsxODIwMzsxMjAwOzE1MDA7MjIyMg.jpg

I am keeping up with these 2 British crime, drama mysteries. Liking them both. Now I am going to have to add "Criminals" to my list. Thanks for the suggestion. 

LK.jpg

confession.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1

On 9/23/2019 at 11:18 PM, Steelers4Life said:

I am keeping up with these 2 British crime, drama mysteries. Liking them both. 

I am keeping up with these 2 British crime, drama mysteries. Liking them both. Now I am going to have to add "Criminals" to my list. Thanks for the suggestion. 

LK.jpg

confession.jpg

3 episodes in to A Confession and its a great watch.

• Like 2

Gripping 4 part mini-series that is a dramatization of the true story of the "Central Park Five" whereas five teens from Harlem became trapped in a nightmare when they're falsely accused of a brutal attack and rape in Central Park. I am on the 2nd episode in and it's pretty intense so far.  

When They See Us.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1